Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 27 Sep 19, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
The Bare Necessities - Day 4 Saturday 3rd August 2019 Discovery Cove and Animal Kingdom

Day 4 Discovery Cove Saturday 3rd August 2019

Welcome to The Bare Necessities Trip Report. I’m Abby and I went to Orlando at the end of July 2019 with my husband David, our children Max (14) and Kate (12). We’ve been to Orlando before But this trip was different as we had my parents Jac and Tom with us, they will be referred to as Mum and Dad or Grandma and Grandad throughout the report. I was so excited to take them with us as this was their first time to WDW.

Day 4

In the plans for today was a trip to Discovery Cove.

It’s something the four of us have done before in 2017 and at the time I said it was a once and done thing for us. It wasn’t that we didn’t enjoy it, just that it really did feel like a once in a lifetime thing to swim with the dolphins. But, my mum had a list of 3 things she wanted to do in Orlando.
1. Swim with dolphins
2. Eat in the castle (tomorrow!)
3. Go to Harry Potter World (I knew what she meant and so this was in the plan for the end of the trip).

So, today was all about fulfilling one of her dreams . Neither of my parents have swum with dolphins so this was a first for both of them. My Dad is not a strong swimmer and was a bit apprehensive about it. Before the trip I explained that it’s more a dolphin experience as most of it is down on the rocks at the edge of the water so he was somewhat reassured.

As the food at DC is plentiful I decided not to book an ADR for the day, plus I didn’t know if we’d feel up to going out or if we’d be tired. I did book up some FPs for later at AK as we hadn’t been there yet and I’d managed to snag a FOP FP so I was pretty keen for us to go there this evening.

I woke up early again at around 5.30am. I wanted us to all meet up at 7am so that we could get our Lyft car and be at DC by 7.30am at the latest for check in. The alarm for the kids went off at 6.30am as we would eat breakfast at DC so all they had to do was grab some clothes and brush their teeth.

We met up with Mum and Dad and I set up the Lyft ride at 7.04am. I had a discount code for $5 off my first 5 rides. We ended up with a driver called Mauricio and the traffic was really light so we pulled up at DC in no time at al as we were there by 7.20aml. I got an XL car for all 6 of us for $16.93, which ended up being £14.43. Pretty good price really.

Kate took some photos of the entrance for me, but she only had 2 minutes as the time stamp of the photo of the lobby was 7.22am.

I was really pleased that we didn't have a long queue to get in.

We were soon through the bag check and waiting in the check in area. This is when I had a major panic . I had brought everyone’s tickets with me, but I realised that I had forgotten to tell Mum and Dad to bring their passports as all adults need ID . I also realised that I’d forgotten my credit card, I think I was just in magic band mode. I’d brought some dollars, but I knew it wouldn’t be enough for the dolphin swim photos. I was a in a right old panic and quietly trying to tell Dave what had happened without alerting the others to me fully stressing out .

I explained to the check in lady that I had photos of Mum and Dad’s passports on my phone but didn’t have the actual passports with me , she was lovely and said this was ok. Phew What a relief! I wasn’t sure how strict they would be about needing to see the real thing. I was shaking at this point as I was trying to find the passport photo on my phone and show her and she said that I should just try and relax and enjoy the day, I did try

We booked up our dolphin swim for an early slot at 9.40am and I was pretty happy as that would mean we had the rest of the day to then chill out and we wouldn’t have to clock watch.

She said that we should speak to the customer service assistant at the photo shop later about what to do about not having my credit card. The cash that I had added up to around $150, close to the amount needed for the digital photo package but not quite enough.

We wandered down to the beach near the lazy river and set ourselves up with some sunbeds.

We were all keen to eat breakfast so we went up to the servery. Both breakfast and lunch are included in the package and they are both served buffet style, it's not the best food you've ever eaten but there is a lot of it, that's about the highest praise I can offer really.

Here are some of our breakfast plates.

Max and Kate like to make up different drinks by putting in lots of the different soda options so this is him offering me a taste.

I declined

As we went back to the sun beds we saw the queue for breakfast was out the door so we had timed it perfectly as we hadn’t had to wait at all.

After breakfast Dad had a lay down on the sunbed and the rest of us went around the lazy river. This was a great time to do it as it was really quiet and there were hardly any people in the water. After one lap we persuaded Dad to come round with us as we figured we had time for one more go before heading off to the dolphin swim.

I explained to him about there being patches where you are out of your depth, which he wasn't overly keen on, but he gave it a go with the noodle float thingy. He was fine.

As we went over to check in and sign the waivers for the dolphin swim it started raining (again). It was also pretty chilly and it wasn’t just a short burst of rain it lasted most of the time for our dolphin experience.

We were with Capricorn for the swim which we did pretty much straight away as soon as we got in the water.

Kate and Mum went out first with the trainer Karen.

You’re supposed to hold on with one hand on the fin on top and one hand on the side, but Mum sort of slipped or lost grip and ended up just holding on top. But Capricorn didn’t seem to mind.

Dad did the shore swim where you don’t have to swim out of your depth. I’m not sure he particularly enjoyed it, I’m glad we did the swimming first as at least he didn’t have to worry about it for the rest of the time. You can see how much the rain is really coming down still.

Max was up next.

Then Dave.

And finally me. It was pretty cold in the water and while it was good swimming with Capricorn it wasn’t much fun in the cold water and we were all shivering and huddling together for warmth.

There was a family of three with us and they also all did the swim.

Then Capricorn went off to do the swim with another group and we had Finn for the rest of the session. He was a smaller dolphin and we the wave and the photo shoot with Finn.

Karen explained that the reason we were getting such a lot of rain over the last few days was that there was a tropical storm out over the Bahamas so we were getting the tail of the storm and all the rain. She said we were lucky really that it was just the tail over us as it meant it wasn’t too windy. She said they were hoping it wouldn’t turn into a hurricane. Of course, she was right we were lucky really, we hoped the storm moved away soon. It looked like it was heading out to sea and in fact it did after today we did have much better weather, well more traditional Florida weather.

First it was the group photo.

Then the kisses and poses.

Dave was up first this time.

Then Max.

Dad finished up the boys.

Then it was Kate's turn.

Me next.

And finally Mum got her turn.

We then had a couple more group and pair photos.

It was a bit brighter now, well the rain had stopped, it was a bit overcast but I was looking on the brightside and thinking that if it did stay cloudy there was less chance of us burning today. Trying to be optimistic!

After we had finished with Finn we went to speak to one of the customer services advisors who essentially are sales people who are trying to sell the photo packages. I had always intended on buying the digital package and while it’s expensive I wanted to get all the photos from the swim for all of us. But of course I’d forgotten my credit card and didn’t have enough cash. We checked what cash Dad had brought and together we had $180, just short of what we needed. I explained that I wanted the digital package and asked if I could phone back later that day when we got back to the hotel with our credit card details. But, no they can’t take money over the phone . So I asked if I could pay online and was told no they can’t do that either . I said I was really disappointed as I did want the photos and they said they would be destroyed in 24 hours so if we did want them we could come back tomorrow to pay for them . I was pretty sad about this experience, there was nothing magical about it and it wasn’t pleasant. In the end he very bluntly said that we had two choices get a cheaper photo package or return to Discovery Cove within 24 hours with the full payment or the photos would be destroyed. Ok, then.

I didn’t feel like we had much choice at the time. It seemed crazy to me, as obviously I’d bought the tickets originally online So clearly they can take credit card payments online. But, as I was being told there was no other option and that they wouldn’t keep the photos Dave and me went back to DC the following day (which obviously you knew we must have as you’ve seen all the photos).

Ok back to today. It had finally stopped raining. The kids messed around in the water by the lazy river and went round in it again with Dave. Mum, Dad and me all chilled out on the sunbeds.

Snacks are plentiful and even after our huge breakfast we managed some crisps and pretzels, plus a beer or two.

Then I realised I had lost the locker key. Today really wasn’t going well . So, I explained to the person handing out wetsuits and they got on the radio to a locker person who came over. I said I had ID in the locker and so she opened it for me and I proved it was my locker. I know that me forgetting to tell Mum and Dad to bring their passports (which did work out fine) plus forgetting the credit card, losing the locker key and all the rain was hardly Discovery Cove's fault but I was not feeling the love for them at this point .

I figured a cocktail might help to cheer me up and so I went off to the bar.

I saw this little chap on the way over.

The first time I went to the bar I asked for a margarita and was given one. It was ok, but not great.

Mum and Dave both fancied one too. But when I went back I was told that it was only available on the premium package and I couldn't be bothered to argue over a frozen marg so Dave got a beer.

Mum didn't bother getting anything.

I had a white wine, which was pretty poor, I didn’t drink it and I just poured it away. Grrr, Discovery Cove you are not helping yourselves here!

We saw this little chap on the way back to the sun loungers.

Kids and Dave enjoying some snacks.

Kate found the cookies.

Apparently these were very tasty.

I decided to try out the beer after the white wine fail. This was fine

Dave took the kids over to the ray pool, when they came back they explained to Mum and Dad what happens over there, so they all went off together. I chilled out on the sun loungers. It was nice to just relax.

When they got back it was after 2pm and we figured we should make our way to get some lunch. Going after 2pm was a good time to get lunch as I’d spotted the buffet line was out the door at 1ish so I would definitely try to eat a bit later if you can.

Kate was pleased as they had pulled pork sandwiches. Dad also went with pulled pork.

I was greedy and went with 2 meals, nuggets and a burger but I left the chips on one of the plates I also had a cheesecake. The food was ok. Not brilliant.

Actually that's unfair the nuggets were as tasty as the WDW ones so they were good.

Max had 2 plates of nuggets. Mum had nuggets too.

Dave had steak, it was pretty good, better than expected that's for sure.

I think if you're at DC then you're not there for the food, it's all about the waterways and the wildlife, if you want gourmet food, this is not your place. If you want plentiful food then you are in luck.

After lunch the others all went to the aviary but I am very scared of birds flying around my head so I didn't join them for this. They all really enjoyed this and said it was great fun.

That was pretty much it for DC, we left around 4pm. I couldn’t get any wi-fi in the check area so couldn’t call the Lyft to come and pick us up . Honestly, it was just a day of stuff not going well . We were actually pretty lucky as while I was trying to get my phone to work Dad spotted a taxi and asked if he was free. It turned out he was and we were on our way back to FQ. Hurrah!

I decided that we should go to AK in the evening. We gave ourselves an hour turnaround to shower and change. We met up at the bus stop and another first the bus appeared after just 3 minutes …but then unfortunately it went all the way around Riverside before going to AK .

When we got there we managed to get to Dinosaur just before our FP ran out.

Mum and Dad both loved this ride. This was where Mum really started enjoying the pre-shows. We had the little video for Dinosaur which she thought was good and later we had the FOP pre-show.

After Dinosaur we went round to Expedition Everest which Mum and Dad did not enjoy at all! No surprise there really, but we enjoyed it.

In the queue I looked out for our names to pop up on the adverts. Max and Dave are here.

Then I was on the Yeti Tea poster.

On the ride Dave and Kate were together on the car in front.

Then me and Max and Mum and Dad together as they had wanted to ride this together.

After Everest Dave and me celebrated with a cocktail. Himalayan ghost for me, the pink one, dragons breath for Dave, the orange one. These are 2 of our favourites and well worth the $25 for the two.

The kids had a soda and a chocolate milk as snack credits.

We walked through Asia and Africa to Pandora as it was now time for FOP FP.

Both Mum and Dad thought this was amazing, the best ride so far and it ended up being their favourite ride at WDW. I was pleased they had enjoyed it as I had booked it every time we had AK in the plans.

I wanted to go to Eight Spoon Café for dinner, but it was closed so we stopped off at the yak and yeti QS and I suggested the chicken fried rice snack credit for everyone and Max had the snack portion of fries. I had nothing as I was still stuffed from our late lunch so 5 snacks here. We also got a soda as a snack credit for mum. This was when Dad discovered that not all snack credits are the same size he was a teeny bit disappointed that the box was so small compared to the waffle fries from yesterday...In spite of it being so small he didn't manage to finish it and ended up giving the last bit to Kate. They all enjoyed it so that’s good but it was a teeny box.

We were tired but we decided we had enough energy to wander around to the stadium for Rivers of Light. It started raining as we went into the stadium but it was only a drizzle. I’ve said before that it’s an OK show, as at least you’re sitting down! But I think that's unfair. Even though it was raining, this time I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I was going to. It probably is my 4th favourite night time show at WDW but it’s not a car crash of a show and I do quite like all the projections and songs and fountains of water.

Mum and Dad said they really enjoyed it, but I think they like anything where they can sit down and that's not a ride . We had a great view as our seats were fairly central and we could see everything really well so this helped.

We left straight after this. There was already a bus at the bus stop, but we knew we wouldn’t get on it as there were loads of people waiting. Another bus turned up less than a minute later though so perhaps our luck is in now with the buses. We were the last people let on this bus so we did have to stand all the way back to the resort.

We got back to the room just before 10pm got ourselves ready for bed and set the alarm for 6.30am as we’d agreed to meet at the bus stop at 7.20am ready for EMH at HS.

Sorry if I’ve sounded like a proper moaning Minnie today. I was quite upset about my planning fails at the time. Dave was really lovely and said that it was hardly the end of the world that I’d forgotten the credit card and that actually they all should take some of the blame as they had quite happily devolved all responsibility for planning and organising to me and hadn't bothered to check if they should bring anything. This was really lovely of him.

It was still a lovely day and the dolphin photos were worth the hassle of going back the next day. Plus, we did get some chill out time at DC and then had the trio of FP rides at AK and Rivers of Light show. I’m glad we decided to go to AK and didn’t just laze around the resort as it was a lovely chilled evening at AK.

Statistics
Steps 19,892
Attractions 3

Coming Soon
Next up tomorrow we go to HS in the morning and try to tempt Mum and Dad onto Tower of Terror and Rock and Rollercoaster. Of course, Dave and me have to nip off to pay for and pick up the DC dolphin photos. Then in the evening we have another one of Mum’s top 3 things she wanted to do this holiday as we go back to MK for dinner inside the castle at CRT. Max has a magical moment, I fulfill one of my own wishes and we end up watching HEA from a fabulous spot.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Ah, days like that happen, when things just don't work out the way you planned. It sounds like you all still had a nice time at DC. It seems a bit strange that they don't allow online card payments for the photos, and they weren't very understanding of your situation. Lovely photos of you all with the dolphins, you can see how hard it is raining in them.

Your evening at AK sounds fun, and hopefully went some way to making it for the disappointments earlier in the day.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 19, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Shame about the drama over the photos, you’d think DC would be happy to take your money in any shape or form.

You do a great job planning you should’nt be so self critical. I’m the same as you though it’s almost like the more you know or do the more annoyed you are at yourself when you miss or forget something.

Your mum looked as though she really enjoyed her dolphin encounter.
Old 28 Sep 19, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Oh Abby, I can imagine your panic over the passports, I really felt for you reading that. Thankfully they accepted the photos.

So lovely to see Capricorn again, as you know we had him in May, in fact I think I've recently read in someone else's trip report they had him too, such a lovely dolphin, but a shame about the rain

I can't believe DC couldn't have just gifted you the extra $19! Or allowed you to telephone the next day. I'd have been disappointed with the service too.

I don't think the alcoholic drinks options are great at DC, I threw the wine away too ... only way to describe it was like paint stripper! They're obviously banking on people upgrading to the $30pp drinks package!

I had to laugh at the cover being taken off the chocolate milk, my kids do that too although it baffles me as to why

The size of the snack credit rice is ridiculous! We didn't really like it anyway so it made no difference, but as your dad says compared to the waffle fries portion and that I wouldn't have been too happy either.

4th favourite that made me laugh

So lovely of Dave to say that, you have a good one there Abby, I think Mr Grump could take a leaf from his book instead of blaming it all on me when things go wrong

You haven't been a moaning Minnie at all, you just showed that even with plans things can go a wry, I'm glad that everything improved after DC though and you still had a fab day xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

I’m glad everything worked out at DC despite the initial stress. Very annoying about their lack of help over the photos but they were worth going back for, lovely shots.

Fab evening at AK. Sounds like your parents had a fantastic time...well done for planning such a great holiday for everyone!
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

What a shame that it rained through your dolphin experience at DC. It is a bit odd that they didn't have another option for you to pay for your photos. It doesn't sound like the person helping you was very nice about it though. Even if there was no other way than going back within 24 hours they could have been friendly and sympathetic about it.

It sounds like a fantastic evening at Ak, I love it there. I'm not sure I would have wanted to watch ROL in the rain though!
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

A shame DC wasn’t as special as you’d hoped for... sometimes things just don’t seem to go your way, no matter how hard you try. Rather disappointing that DC couldn’t find a way around their usual policy... it’s not like it’s a cheap visit!
Glad you got a great evening at AK, it’s a very close second favourite park for me (second only to MK as it’s magical with dd ) and FoP is my favourite ride too! Looking forward to reading the next instalment
Old 28 Sep 19, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Ah, days like that happen, when things just don't work out the way you planned. It sounds like you all still had a nice time at DC. It seems a bit strange that they don't allow online card payments for the photos, and they weren't very understanding of your situation. Lovely photos of you all with the dolphins, you can see how hard it is raining in them.

Your evening at AK sounds fun, and hopefully went some way to making it for the disappointments earlier in the day.
It was a funny old day really, we were 4 days in and we'd had so much rain that had lasted for hours on some days that then the drama of things not going to plan on this day and then the total lack of options for paying for the photos just meant it seemed a whole lot less fun than it should have been. I'm not sure we'll go back any time soon.

The evening did make up for it, we strolled all the way round AK from Dinoland through to Pandora and just did the 3 FP plus of course the cocktail

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Shame about the drama over the photos, you’d think DC would be happy to take your money in any shape or form.

You do a great job planning you should’nt be so self critical. I’m the same as you though it’s almost like the more you know or do the more annoyed you are at yourself when you miss or forget something.

Your mum looked as though she really enjoyed her dolphin encounter.
I know that's what we said, I still can't quite fathom that we couldn't pay online. It wasn't like I needed to select the best photo for printing or something. I wanted them all and so it was just a case of putting that on a CD for us.

Dave said to me a few times that I was so worried about making the trip special for mum and dad that I didn't have time to enjoy it for myself you're right about knowing too much sometimes isn't helpful as you then get more cross when you forget something.

You're right Mum really loved the dolphin swim.

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Oh Abby, I can imagine your panic over the passports, I really felt for you reading that. Thankfully they accepted the photos.

So lovely to see Capricorn again, as you know we had him in May, in fact I think I've recently read in someone else's trip report they had him too, such a lovely dolphin, but a shame about the rain

I can't believe DC couldn't have just gifted you the extra $19! Or allowed you to telephone the next day. I'd have been disappointed with the service too.

I don't think the alcoholic drinks options are great at DC, I threw the wine away too ... only way to describe it was like paint stripper! They're obviously banking on people upgrading to the $30pp drinks package!

I had to laugh at the cover being taken off the chocolate milk, my kids do that too although it baffles me as to why

The size of the snack credit rice is ridiculous! We didn't really like it anyway so it made no difference, but as your dad says compared to the waffle fries portion and that I wouldn't have been too happy either.

4th favourite that made me laugh

So lovely of Dave to say that, you have a good one there Abby, I think Mr Grump could take a leaf from his book instead of blaming it all on me when things go wrong

You haven't been a moaning Minnie at all, you just showed that even with plans things can go a wry, I'm glad that everything improved after DC though and you still had a fab day xx
I was in a proper panic over the passports. I was whispering to Dave that he'd have to go in with the kids and I'd go back to the hotel with mum and dad...then I remembered that I'd taken a photo of their passports as I already have all of ours on my phone too. She was a lovely reassuring person to check us in, shame she wasn't the one trying to sort out the photos. I didn't ask for a discount on the package, I was happy to pay for it, I didn't want to have to go back the next day as of course that would take time. They were very inflexible and to be honest pretty rude.

I'd forgotten you had Capricorn too! He was fab, such a huge dolphin. Yes that wine was well and truly dreadful.

Funny how the kids are the same and strip their bottle of the wrapper! I've no idea why.

Yep, 4th favourite isn't really a compliment is it but I did enjoy the show even if it was a bit drizzly, again

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
I’m glad everything worked out at DC despite the initial stress. Very annoying about their lack of help over the photos but they were worth going back for, lovely shots.

Fab evening at AK. Sounds like your parents had a fantastic time...well done for planning such a great holiday for everyone!
It was only me stressing, everyone else was fine they all had a brilliant day and didn't even really notice that I was worrying they wouldn't let us in!

The evening at AK was lovely, it was our first time this trip over there and it was nice to just wander round the park and take it in. It's such a beautiful park, my favourite, I'm sure you'll all love it I hope you've got lots of AK days planned as you're so close to it with your resort.

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
What a shame that it rained through your dolphin experience at DC. It is a bit odd that they didn't have another option for you to pay for your photos. It doesn't sound like the person helping you was very nice about it though. Even if there was no other way than going back within 24 hours they could have been friendly and sympathetic about it.

It sounds like a fantastic evening at Ak, I love it there. I'm not sure I would have wanted to watch ROL in the rain though!
Yes, I think their downright rudeness was one of the things that upset me on the day. Perhaps they get lots of people trying it on? I don't know, but you're right if they had been a bit more pleasant about the lack of options it would have been a nicer experience.

It did dry up a little halfway through the show. It wasn't the normal Florida rain, it was a drizzle and it started as we made our way into the stadium so fortunately the benches were dry and we didn't get too wet!

Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk View Post
A shame DC wasn’t as special as you’d hoped for... sometimes things just don’t seem to go your way, no matter how hard you try. Rather disappointing that DC couldn’t find a way around their usual policy... it’s not like it’s a cheap visit!
Glad you got a great evening at AK, it’s a very close second favourite park for me (second only to MK as it’s magical with dd ) and FoP is my favourite ride too! Looking forward to reading the next instalment
I know it's an expensive day a shame they couldn't have come up with a work around. I can't have been the first person to go there who has forgetten their cash or cards. You'd think there was an easier way.

I've always said MK is my favourite park, and it is brilliant, Splash is my favourite ride! But AK has moved right up there for me now. I think the atmosphere is somehow more laid back in AK, plus it's so pretty in there, all the trees make it a beautiful park.I love it and it's top of my list now. I'm glad we didn't decide we were too tired to bother going as we had a lovely evening.

Old 28 Sep 19, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Hel22
Trainee Dibber

Oh Abby, sorry to read about your DC day. You certainly didn't come across as moany, I think your comments were fair and proportionate.
It is clear you put heart and soul into organising the trips to maximise enjoyment for all your family, with the added desire to make everything great for your parents this year. Your family seem to really appreciate this and no need to give yourself a hard time for forgetting something..so easily done. I felt DC frustrated things more than necessary with inflexibility but great that you have the amazing photos to treasure- your Mum with the dolphin ❤️
Sounds a lovely evening at AK, was smiling at the comments re your parents on EE, I've never been brave enough to ride it myself 😁
Really looking forward to the next day 'Max's magical moment'? And you fulfilling a wish. Thanks for sharing
Helen

Polynesian 2016
Beach Club and Royal Pacific 2019
Hel22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List