Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 8 Oct 19, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

The BIG Little Lies California Road Trip - 27th July 2019 - Denny's, Pool day & shopping

Day 10

Bit of a short and boring one today I'm afraid, unless you like shopping that is

No alarm set for this morning. Today was meant to be our one Disney day but we had decided a few days ago that we are all in desperate need of a lie in and a chilled day. We’ve done so much driving so far and it would be about $600 for the four of us which for just 1 day is a ridiculous amount!

Instead we all woke naturally at about 9am and by 10.30 we were all ready to go to the IHOP down the road. There was a huge queue though so next plan was a bakery called Porto’s that was back pass the hotel in the other direction. That too was rammed and they had stopped serving breakfast only sandwiches that none of us fancied so plan C was trying the Denny’s a bit further up

Was busy in here as well but we certainly weren’t going to opt for a plan D so decided to stick it out, we only waited about 15-20 minutes in the end. We were all ravenous by now and quickly decided what we wanted so we could order as soon as we sat down.

Jim and I went with the All American Slam which comes with bacon, sausage, hash brown, scrambled eggs and toast. I asked for mine with an English muffin instead which was no problem. Sam had a chocolate banana crepe with eggs and bacon, Hope the breakfast hater had mozzarella sticks and fries!

We had a really friendly server, another great one who had the right balance of being helpful but not overly false.
The food soon came out and was hoovered up immediately. Every plate was empty!

Bill came to $115 for the 8 of us. We left a $30 tip.

We now drove back to the hotel for some pool time, everyone but me that is as I had spotted a Michael’s craft store up the road so wanted to check that out in peace. Found it easy enough, they thankfully had their Fall decorations in which is what I wanted. I could easily get carried away in this shop

I ended up with this wreath, some mini pumpkin decorations, a pumpkin tea light holder, some tea lights and a garland. Everything had 40% off so the total came to $67.66.

And this is what it all looks like up in the living room, I love it! I think us Brits should be more like the Yanks and decorate our houses for Fall

From here I drove over the road to the Buena Park shops where they had a Bath and Bodywork’s. I got 10 foaming hand soaps, 2 body lotions and 3 car fragrances.

I had been sent a $10 off $30 spend and the kind lady let me do 2 separate transactions so I could save $20.
First lot was $24.89 then the second $37.71

I now drove up to Walmart for goodies. This wasn’t a great supermarket, didn’t have everything I wanted. Got a collection of M&Ms, Ghiradelli chocolate caramel squares, some Secret deodorant, Woolite dry cleaning cloths, Milky Ways, Baby Ruth bars and some chocolate caramel pretzels. $53.12 altogether.

I was now shopped out so drove back to the hotel.

It was about 2.30pm so spent the rest of the afternoon chilling in the shade by the pool. Bliss! It was fairly empty which was good. The kids were in their element in and out of the pool playing games.

Whilst chilling we booked our tickets for Knott’s Berry Farm for tomorrow. It was over $20 each cheaper than the on the gate price. We also purchased 2 refillable cups for $12.99 each and 4 all day dining plans. These were $31.99 each and as the park is open until 10 I reckon we’ll get our monies worth. The plan is to come back to the hotel in the afternoon then go back in the evening for the Summer Nights evening programme where they have live music playing. Altogether the total was $395 so including the food at least half the cost of what Disney would cost.

The pool started to get busy at about 4, probably people leaving the parks for the day.

At about 6 we packed up then got showered and changed and headed to the Citadel Outlets. These are 25 minutes away and we arrived at 7.15. There is a huge FREE multi story parking garage (take note Orlando outlets!) which we got parked easily in.
Once into the shopping area we split up.

Hope and I went into Nike where she bought a sports vest, $24.99.
Ugg next, I bought these ridiculously soft lounge trousers. Originally $64.99 but had 50% off so brought the total down to $35.75 including tax.

Had a look in Tommy Hilfiger but nothing jumped out at me which is odd. I have vowed not to buy a Kate Spade bag this year, let’s see how long it lasts!

Into Ralph Lauren where there was 40-50% off the entire store. I found this jumper which was originally $69.99 but with 40% off then I had a further 20% off voucher it brought the total down to $36.95 including tax.

Now shopped out we met up with the others as we were all ridiculously hungry!
Walked up to the food court which had various options to choose from. Sam and I chose Chipotle while Jim and Hope went with a Subway.
I had 3 chicken tacos and Sam a chicken burrito. With a side of chips and salsa and 2 soft drinks the total was $22, bargain!
It was really pretty sitting outside with the fairy lights. The food was so good and the perfect amount.

Everywhere was shutting up now so once done we took a walk back to the car and were back to the hotel by 10. Just chilled in the room for the rest of the evening writing up some notes.

Edited at 09:54 PM.
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Macca04
Imagineer

Mobile

Just spent a pleasant couple of hours reading your trippie, great so far, looking forward to the rest. Thanks for taking the time to share your holiday.
Macca04 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Macca04 View Post
Just spent a pleasant couple of hours reading your trippie, great so far, looking forward to the rest. Thanks for taking the time to share your holiday.
Thank you so much for reading 😃

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
spenners
I'm Ready To Go NOW!

spenners's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Your house looks lovely with the Fall decorations, loving the trip report thanks for posting

Las Vegas - October 2023 (6th West Coast Trip)
New York - February 2019 - My 50th Birthday Trip (1st Visit)
Florida - January 2024 - Taking mini me for her 30th birthday (22nd Visit to Florida)
Florida - September 2024 (23rd visit) - just me and hubby
spenners is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by spenners View Post
Your house looks lovely with the Fall decorations, loving the trip report thanks for posting
Oh thank you, I’m really pleased with it all. Can’t wait for our holiday next year so I can buy more Fall decorations to add to it. I’ll need a bigger house by the time I’m finished 😂
Thank you for reading

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 11 Oct 19, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Your fall decorations do look fab in your living room. What a nice day, as much as I love Disney I think you were right to have a chill out day.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
spenners
I'm Ready To Go NOW!

spenners's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Oh thank you, I’m really pleased with it all. Can’t wait for our holiday next year so I can buy more Fall decorations to add to it. I’ll need a bigger house by the time I’m finished 😂
Thank you for reading
Have you tried Hobby Lobby? I spent a fortune in there on Christmas stuff

Las Vegas - October 2023 (6th West Coast Trip)
New York - February 2019 - My 50th Birthday Trip (1st Visit)
Florida - January 2024 - Taking mini me for her 30th birthday (22nd Visit to Florida)
Florida - September 2024 (23rd visit) - just me and hubby
spenners is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Keep coming back to see if you have posted day 28 !

You have worked so hard on your TR - it’s packed full of useful info and great pics. Loving your work
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Keep coming back to see if you have posted day 28 !

You have worked so hard on your TR - it’s packed full of useful info and great pics. Loving your work
Thank you so much! Day 14 coming soon, it's a long one as I spend the entire day in San Diego

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 27 Oct 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

It's been such a busy trip, it must have been nice to have a more chilled out day. I do love a shopping trip, so didn't find this boring at all . It sounds a blissful morning pottering around the shops by yourself... lovely fall decorations, they look great in your living room.

More shopping after a relaxing pool afternoon... sounds perfect. They look like nice outlets, and a bonus having the free carpark as well.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List