Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Oct 19, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

discarded toothpicks-gross

We have just go back and I could't believe the amount of discarded tooth picks, the ones with a plastic handle and floss across them. They were everywhere, on the Disney buses, in the bus stops, outside Longhorn and Cracker barrel, we even saw one in the sand in Typoon Lagoon... what is wrong with people? - just had to vent as it really got to us.
taffs travels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by taffs travels View Post
We have just go back and I could't believe the amount of discarded tooth picks, the ones with a plastic handle and floss across them. They were everywhere, on the Disney buses, in the bus stops, outside Longhorn and Cracker barrel, we even saw one in the sand in Typoon Lagoon... what is wrong with people? - just had to vent as it really got to us.
That's disgusting, what's wrong with people! 🤢
Old 12 Oct 19, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Yeah disgusting and I bet some of them end up being swallowed by birds etc. too
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Good heavens. I use these Plackers as I struggle with just floss. It wouldn't cross my mind to put them anywhere other than the bin. Weird people about.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 04:17 PM. Reason: Spelling
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mental4ever
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Good heavens. I use these Plackers as I struggle with just floss. It wouldn't cross my mid to put them anywhere other than the bin. Weird people about.

I agree. It’s as though some people think it’s not their responsibility to help keep our environment clean & tidy. ‘Somebody else will sort it out’.
Universal Aug/Sept 2023.
BWV & Universal Feb & May 2024. BWV Jan 2025.
mental4ever is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

That’s disgusting.

Good news here in Scotland though (and to be rolled out next year in the rest of the UK) is that the sale and manufacture of plastic stemmed cotton buds is now banned. They were being flushed down the toilets and ending up in the sea.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
zokaluse
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I use the humble company interdentals & I’d never leave them anywhere other than my recycling bin, I take a small toiletries bag in my handbag as I have to brush my teeth after every meal so everything goes back in there then the bin once home!
DLP Jan 2014 H Cheyenne & H New York
DLP Dec 2014 Sequoia Lodge
Florida Aug/Sept 2016 RPR/WDW BC/DCL Dream Bahamian 4 night cruise/ WDW BC
DLP Dec 2016 Newport Bay Club
Disney Magic Staycation Cruise Aug 2021

Aug 2023;BC 9 nights WV, AKL 8 nights SV, HRH 3 nights FRCL, CB 2BS, Weeki Watchee 2 nights, Holmes Beach house 8 nights
zokaluse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

I’m always really surprised and a little confused by posts like this (not a criticism by the way). We got back three weeks ago and never saw anything like this and we went to several of the places mentioned. So, either they were there and we didn’t notice them or it’s just started happening. It can’t all be one person so why have loads of people suddenly started leaving their toothpicks everywhere? It’s bizarre!
Old 20 Oct 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

I saw a couple on a pavement in Leeds yesterday. Why would you?
Old 20 Oct 19, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

That’s bad.

As a side issue if you do use these and want the best type, try Doctors Brush picks off Amazon, they are really good. But please, throw them in the bin.