Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
Flo’s fillet with a lobster tail,mashed potato and a Caesar salad is my death row meal,...not planning on the death row bit tho 😳😳😳😳
Good choice!

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Oh what a day. Perfect 👌
Aww it was! Happy times.

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
So glad you had a lovely birthday, it all sounds perfect. We're planning on doing a monorail trip this year, so it was really good to see where you stopped at and some of the snacks on offer. I didn't know that Dole Whips were available anywhere other than MK But I do now!

Great choice for your birthday dinner - Flo's filet is always my choice there. All of your meals at Longhorns look fantastic and it was nice to finish with a birthday dessert too.
Thanks. Happy to help and looking forward to reminiscing when you go. It was all delicious.

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
All caught up Melissa! Fabulous trip from your beach days to cabana to the villa. And some fantastic eats!

Your birthday in particular sounds so much fun and what a lovely way to spend it.

Thanks for taking the time have loved ogling over the food! Xx
Thank you. It sure was!

Next instalment coming very soon

M x
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Mobile Day 14 - Texas Roadhouse, Universal & Toothsome Chocolate Emporium

Day 14 - Texas Roadhouse, Universal & Toothsome Chocolate Emporium

Apologies (again) for the delay in uploading today. Life has continued to be very busy!

So, after our full on day yesterday, we spent time relaxing, time in the pool, doing laundry and then sadly the dreaded packing.

Breakfast consisted of eating a variety of random things left in the fridge!

Our plan was to make the most of our last night at Universal. On route we stopped off at Texas Roadhouse. It was fairly quiet mid afternoon.

We were soon seated and drinks, bread rolls and nuts were soon being demolished

I enjoyed the refreshing fruity lemonade

As it was our last main meal everyone decided we should go big and have starters, mains and desserts plus we wouldn’t have to worry too much about food later on in the parks.

The starter sharing plates of pickles, wedges, balls and dips were soooo good.

The mains quickly followed.

Salmon

Chicken

Ribs. These were huge!

Hello veg!

Food and service was great.

We were then too full for dessert. Such a shame as there were lots of yummy options to choose from.

The cost for us 4.

Looking forward to returning again.

We then headed to Universal and did everything we could until closing time. The weather had been awful whilst driving there but finally stopped shortly after we arrived.

I have very happy and fond memories of our last night and a very happy daughter who purchased this.

We headed out, said goodbye and took one glance back.

There was only one thing left to do. Go to Toothsome Chocolate Emporium for milkshakes! I had been really really looking forward to this. It wasn’t open last time we were at Universal.

It was crazy busy inside. I went to get a seat/table outside which was mainly empty. This was my view of City Walk.

Friends and reviews said to share the milkshakes here as they are large, rich and filling.

We opted for chocolate X5 ($13.50)

And our friends chose Key Lime Pie ($12.00)

Didn’t last long.

I LOVED the chocolate so much and was gutted I had to share!

If the line hadn’t been so long I may have returned for another one. I have a sweet tooth & chocolate is my favourite so I was in calorific heaven.

Worth the wait.

Then it was time. Ok...

Tomorrow - Home time & future plans.

Thanks for reading.

M x
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Love the toothsome shakes
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Sounds like a great last day. Texas Roadhouse definitely set you up for the day. I need to try the milkshakes at Toothsome, they look great but I’ve heard more negative than positive reviews about them. Usually we have been too full to give them a go but I really should see for myself!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Love the toothsome shakes
Agree!

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Sounds like a great last day. Texas Roadhouse definitely set you up for the day. I need to try the milkshakes at Toothsome, they look great but I’ve heard more negative than positive reviews about them. Usually we have been too full to give them a go but I really should see for myself!
It sure was.

Yes do. Reviews are sometimes mixed but I really enjoyed it.

M x
Old 18 Oct 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Mobile Day 15 - Panera Bread, Wendy’s & travelling home

Day 15 - Panera Bread, Wendy’s & travelling home

So this was it. Time to go home.

Final bit of packing done, final sweep of the villa complete, suitcases finally packed in cars and we were off to Tampa airport. We weren’t in the car long as stopped off on route (just round the corner!) at our favourite Panera Bread to get a takeaway breakfast.

Quick browse

All fresh and delicious

Soon on our way

I loved my blueberry muffin

Not forgetting G’s favourite Bear Claw

Favourite radio station back on.

The journey seemed fairly quick and uneventful.

It was then time to say goodbye to the “beast” at Tampa.

We had an indirect flight via Miami. Once we landed in Miami, everyone was hungry and ready for lunch. There wasn’t a huge amount of choices but everyone was happy to go to Wendy’s.

This was really good. A 100 times better than the burger I had earlier on during the holiday.

We got settled into some seats and took turns having a look around the shops

And purchasing and eating favourite snacks

Then it was time to board our 2nd and final flight

Drinks were soon served

Then a little later the food. Not good. The pasta had an unpleasant spicy kick and nothing like our experience coming out. Didn’t eat much.

I’m not a big fan of lemon but this was nice, sweet and refreshing.

Then a cup of tea which wasn’t bad at all.

Prior to landing, breakfast arrived. I took one mouthful and struggled to swallow the first mouthful. Yuck. Cream cheese in a dry bagel. Thought the cereal bar was a safer bet but had a weird taste and consistency so only had one mouthful again!

Have to say the BA crew were brilliant again. Attentive, professional, friendly and funny.

Once we landed, we were through security and baggage claim fairly quickly. We met our airport transfer taxi guy and stopped off at Cafe Nero as we headed to his car.

Yummy!

The M25 wasn’t great but before we knew it we were home again.

Our youngest took this photo of some of their yummy purchases

I was soon having a cup of tea in my new mug

And tucking into one of my favourite things, once they had been in the fridge for a short time.

And that’s it. All done.

We had another fantastic holiday filled with lots of delicious food!

Time wise, couldn't believe we still hadn't made it to some of our favourite restaurants like Teak Neighbour Grill & Red Lobster or new places such as First Watch, Keke's and Hash Hash a Go Go that were on our list. Next time...

Future Plans

We have booked our first Disney cruise for December 2020!

3 night Very Merrytime Bahamian cruise on the Disney Dream. So far that is it. Lots more planning & bookings required!

A very big THANK YOU to those who have read, liked and commented. It’s given me a boost to keep going and even though they are happy memories for us to look back on, hope it’s also been helpful.

As always, I’ve enjoyed eating it all!

Thanks again.

M x

Edited at 08:12 AM.
Old 18 Oct 19, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
So sad your report is finished now. I enjoyed reading along, especially your birthday treat day. What a great day that was!

A cruise up next! Wow! I'm going to assume you're not going all that way just for 3 days and there will be other bits and bobs added on...Plus it's December so does that mean a Christmas trip? Ooh, I'm picturing lots of pretty Christmas trees and lights and festive fun. I'm sure there are plenty of festive cocktails you can try too!

Thanks for sharing your trip with us as usual I've loved reading it.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

The food at Texas Roadhouse looks fab, and huge. Another chain we've never eaten in, we are very guilty of sticking to old favourites .

Oh yum, those shakes at the emporium, I think I would have the chocolate too. Glad you enjoyed it, but a shame you had to share.

Guess what? We've never been to Panera either. Honestly, you wouldn't think we'd been to Orlando 7 times already The cakes look so good. I've shown your pics to my hubby, who is very partial to a cake, so we might manage a visit there this time.

Standard plane food... I usually find BA's not too bad so it's a bit disappointing that yours wasn't a hit.

Thank you so much for posting all of your yummy food pics Melissa, you've provided some great inspiration for my upcoming trip and I've really enjoyed reading along

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
So sad your report is finished now. I enjoyed reading along, especially your birthday treat day. What a great day that was!

A cruise up next! Wow! I'm going to assume you're not going all that way just for 3 days and there will be other bits and bobs added on...Plus it's December so does that mean a Christmas trip? Ooh, I'm picturing lots of pretty Christmas trees and lights and festive fun. I'm sure there are plenty of festive cocktails you can try too!

Thanks for sharing your trip with us as usual I've loved reading it.
Thank you. Yes one of my favourite days. Next year will be full on Disney only! Yes, yes & hope so!

Been looking at different accommodation options before and after. Thinking Disney hotel for 2nights before the cruise and a villa for 10nights after. Watch this space!

Look forward to following along with your plans too.

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
The food at Texas Roadhouse looks fab, and huge. Another chain we've never eaten in, we are very guilty of sticking to old favourites .

Oh yum, those shakes at the emporium, I think I would have the chocolate too. Glad you enjoyed it, but a shame you had to share.

Guess what? We've never been to Panera either. Honestly, you wouldn't think we'd been to Orlando 7 times already The cakes look so good. I've shown your pics to my hubby, who is very partial to a cake, so we might manage a visit there this time.

Standard plane food... I usually find BA's not too bad so it's a bit disappointing that yours wasn't a hit.

Thank you so much for posting all of your yummy food pics Melissa, you've provided some great inspiration for my upcoming trip and I've really enjoyed reading along
It was really good. Would happily recommend. We normally do the same!

What?! Haha. Panera Bread never disappoints. The lunches look really nice too but never had one yet.

Agree about BA plane food. Flying out always seems fine.

Look at your countdown. Not long! I'm pleased. Thanks. Have a brilliant time.

M x
Old 19 Oct 19, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Really enjoyed following along. How exciting to be going on a Cruise especially a festive one, hope you have a fantastic time I can’t wait to read all about it.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List