Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 4 Nov 19, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

C&L WDW and Disney Cruise Trip Sept 2019 - Day 5 - Castaway Cay

Day 5 - Castaway Cay

Our itinerary had changed so we were now due to visit Castaway Cay on our last day, I think we were the first to visit after hurricane Dorian. We were not sure if we were going to get to visit, we completely understood why we might not be able to and would have enjoyed another sea day, but we were very happy when we found out we were visiting.

Not everything was open and they said there was signs of damage, but we were so grateful we even got to stop after everything that had happened.

We were also later told after the hurricane there was no sand left on the beaches! It's amazing what they had done in just over a week.

We signed up for the 5k when we boarded so had ordered some breakfast to our room before we left. Chris had knee surgery in may so he couldn't run it so we decided to power walk it (fine with me as I love most exercise, except running!).

We checked in for the run at 8.30, it was very chaotic getting off as where we got sent to get off was closed. We eventually got off and the 5k started just before 10. Fortunately it was cloudy so we managed to get most of it done while it was cooler, the sun came out at the end and it was so hot!

After we finished the 5k we went to the photo spots as the photographers were only there in the morning. This was quite a walk back to the ship in the sun, but we love the photos so it was worth it.

We stopped for a snack and some drink, I had pre-booked the bike hire online for $13 each so we went and collected some bikes and went to the viewpoint and along the rest of the cycle route. This was really good and would definitely recommend.

The lookout point

We were so hot when we got back we wanted to go for a dip in the pool and then go on pelican plunge.

It had become very overcast and looked like it was going to pour at any moment so we packed our stuff from the beach and went and got some food.

We also had a look around the shop and both bought a top. We had wanted to post a postcard, but the post office wasn't open so we went straight back onto the ship. It was about 2.15 when we got back on, I realised I had sunburnt shoulders, despite wearing factor 50 all day (which I'd re-applied!), so whilst I loved castaway cay, my skin clearly couldnt handle it!

We were leaving in the morning so needed to put our bags outside the room by 10.30pm so packed what we could. We went for a wander around the ship as wanted to get some photos.

We got ready early so we could pop to the district lounge for a drink, the violinist was playing here, she's amazing.

We had to leave early though to get to the Beauty and the Beast show. I'd heard good things about this but even still it surpassed our expectations, it was one of the best shows we've ever seen. The staging and effects were brilliant, as was the cast. Wish we could see it again!

After the show we stopped for some photos on the staircase, we were getting the most out of the USB we had ordered! We bumped into Donald duck who was wandering around, then we went over to Animator's Palate for dinner.

This was by far the most impressive restaurant, we couldn't believe crush actually interacted with the crowd, we were sat a few tables away but he picked on me and asked my name and where we were from.

We loved the attention to detail.

For our food, we both had the truffle pasta in a champagne sauce and the ham as we couldn't decided between the two, this was followed by the cheese and potato soup. For main Chris had the bolognese and I had the herb crusted pork. Both were so good, and we finished off with the cookies sundae. We were so full, but we made the most of our last dinner on the cruise.

We wanted to ride aqua duck in the dark so we quickly went up to get changed after dinner. There was no queue so we went on it twice. I'd tried not to get my hair or face too wet so we could get changed back into our outfits.

I managed reasonably well to keep my face dry so we quickly got changed again and went to the see ya real soon party. They bought loads of characters out so you can get a quick photo, this was great as we managed to get Minnie, Goofy and Donald in the 20 mins they were out. The staff were good at getting everyone's picture quickly.

After the photos they did a little show. We went to get a soft drink once it was finished and headed back to our room to bed.

My parents had spent the day at Discovery Cove, I had booked them the dolphin swim for their Christmas presents. As we didn't have wifi I hadn't been able to speak to them but they told me the next day how much they had loved it!

Day 6 - End of our cruise and off to Universal

Edited at 09:42 PM.
LN89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Fabulous day.
Old 6 Nov 19, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
Fabulous day.
Thank you
LN89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List