Notices

Old 29 Oct 19, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

After a discussion on a FB group I had a quick look at our HRH reservation and the price had dropped by £20 so I've cancelled our reservation and rebooked I know it's only £20 but better in my pocket than theirs Xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 19, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Uncertainty

So things are a little up in the air at the moment.

A quick back story 3 years ago I had a heart problem, atrial fibrillation. My heart was giving over 15,000 extra beats in a 24 hour period, I was constantly exhausted, dizzy and breathless. I had an operation in September 2016 which corrected this

The last 6 months or so I've had the odd palpitations again but I put it to the back of my mind. The last 2 months or so I've felt constantly exhausted and wiped out, I've suffered with palpitations, dizziness and breathlessness again, thankfully not as severe symptoms as last time. I've had a 24 hour heart monitor on so waiting for the results of that.

If last time is anything to go by this will only get progressively worse again which will probably result in me needing an operation again so right now we're not sure if we're going to need to push it back.

I will still make our ADR's over the next couple of weeks but I won't be booking anything else until we know more about what's happening.

On a positive note today is Caitlin's 13th birthday. She choose a LoungeFly bag for school in May so she's over the moon to get that we're off to the Italian for food tonight x

Edited at 01:30 PM.
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

Oh Kelly I hope it's positive news for you. Fingers crossed x

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
arosiem
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Oh no Kelly!
I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you - hopefully it is ‘just’ palpitations and nothing more serious (although I know they can be awful in themselves!)

Hope you’re feeling better soon & I hope Caitlin had a fab birthday!xx
arosiem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

Oh no, sorry to hear this, Keeping my fingers crossed everything is OK.

Also, happy birthday Caitlin! Hope she had a lovely day
Wismgari is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

Sending you lots of love Kelly, I hope they manage to get the issue sorted quickly and planning can carry on.

Happy Birthday Caitlin! 🎂🎉

Edited at 08:37 AM.
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great trip report really enjoyed reading along! Can’t believe those hard rock hotel prices amazing deal! I’d read about that but they weren’t that great when we are going!

Sorry to hear about your Health! Fingers crossed everything comes back ok and the trip can go ahead as planned!
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Oh Kelly I hope it's positive news for you. Fingers crossed x
Originally Posted by arosiem View Post
Oh no Kelly!
I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you - hopefully it is ‘just’ palpitations and nothing more serious (although I know they can be awful in themselves!)

Hope you’re feeling better soon & I hope Caitlin had a fab birthday!xx
Originally Posted by Wismgari View Post
Oh no, sorry to hear this, Keeping my fingers crossed everything is OK.

Also, happy birthday Caitlin! Hope she had a lovely day
Originally Posted by MrsEgg View Post
Sending you lots of love Kelly, I hope they manage to get the issue sorted quickly and planning can carry on.

Happy Birthday Caitlin! 🎂🎉
Originally Posted by Elsa42 View Post
Great trip report really enjoyed reading along! Can’t believe those hard rock hotel prices amazing deal! I’d read about that but they weren’t that great when we are going!

Sorry to hear about your Health! Fingers crossed everything comes back ok and the trip can go ahead as planned!
Thank you all. Caitlin had a fab day I'll see if I can post a pic of her LoungeFly bag, she loves it ... think I may need to borrow it sometime

In regards to the health problems it's just a waiting game at the moment. It takes 2 weeks for the data from the monitor to be interpreted and sent back, so we'll see after that.

When I had the op last time I had it done through our private health insurance, however, as it's only just over 3 years since I had it done I wasn't sure if they would cover it. So I phoned yesterday and they confirmed that they will see and treat me again I just need a referral from the doctor as it's been over 3 years, so hopefully things will get dealt with much quicker.

Last time I had the op 3 weeks before we went to Cuba! Luckily I was given a fit to fly but I really don't want such a close call again next time if that's the route we need to go down.

To cheer myself up I bought this today

truffleshuffle/pro...-mini-backpack

Devastated I've only just realised they have the matching purse xx
Old 8 Nov 19, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
LizzyBear
Imagineer

LizzyBear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Following We're a family of 5 too, will check out your other trippies aswell when I get chance.
Old 8 Nov 19, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Sorry to hear about your health problems at the moment - I hope you get some good news from your results.

Your new bag is beautiful!
DLP Halloween 2021 - Davy Crockett Ranch, DLP Nov 2022 - Les Villages Natures
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List