Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 18 Nov 19, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Angiesmash
Looking for my Ears

Mobile Gatwick parking

We're flying from Gatwick next month. We've never driven to the airport before. Any advice on the best car parking options?
Angiesmash is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Depends what you prefer. Plenty of good reliable offsite parking round there. Lots of ways to get “discounts” such as signing up with Holiday Extras.

If you prefer official parking again depends on preferences. Long stay is fine and usually the cheapest. The “Summer Special” near the North terminal is slightly cheaper, and clearly misnamed now as I think it’s a available most of the year, but I think you drop your car and they park it. If you don’t mind leaving your keys consider valet as oddly it’s often not very much more expensive than long stay certainly sometimes worth the extra not to have to wait for busses.

If looking at the official car parks sign up wit myGatwick and add your outward flight and you’ll get 10% discount.
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
We started using meet and greet a few years ago and think it's excellent
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

We used maple manor meet & greet, £77 for 17 nights. Nice & easy if you don't mind leaving your keys, my car is nothing special so I'm happy to.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Pagan8c
Getting Excited

I am using the long stay car park and keeping my keys. I got a good price booking a few months ago but it does change every now and again. Easy to jump on the shuttle bus to th terminal.
Pagan8c is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

We did the long stay in May and it was great. Bus waiting both ways and only a short ride across. I like to keep my keya.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisE
Proud to wear my Ears

I’m also a fan of Maple Manor meet and greet. Drop off points adjacent to both terminals, north terminal drop off at Sofitel hotel car park and south terminal drop off at short stay car park and both connected to the terminal. Quick phone call upon return after collecting luggage and by the time you walk back to the drop off point your car will be waiting for you. If you register and join with Maple manor the more you use them they offer a discount which increases over time.
ChrisE is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

We also used Maple Manor last year and found them to be pretty good. Had a bit if a wait for them on return but nothing to shout about. We paid £90 last year for 24 nights parking with them. For next year (July) we have found the official Gatwick valet - South Terminal the cheapest so we have booked 28 days parking with them for £90.10 using a 10% discount code I saw on here.
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
ellie666
Proud to wear my Ears

Another recommendation for Meet & Greet - jsut drive (in our case) to the Orange car park by the Hilton, drop your keys off, collect a card then ≈≈≈≈≈≈ off on holiday and call them once back and through customs.
We waited 10 mins and collected keys, gave it a quick walk about and were very happy.

Must say checking my dashcam was interesting as I watched my car go on a 20 minute drive to an off road carpark in the middle of nowhere - so if you are precious about your vehicle maybe leave it somewhere it is parked on a nice bit of tarmac.
Orlando (No Disney apart from MNSSHP) - 2022
Disneyland Mars (Green Lagoon) - 2038
ellie666 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Sazzle114
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

We’ve just used long stay. Great.