Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 30 Nov 19, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I'm catching up. First off what a lovely friend. That is a fab view from your room. I'd have balled like a baby when seeing the castle from my window.

The dinner swap sounds like it was worth it as it does look lovely, grand martini looks very good!

Next up AK, I'm glad you enjoyed your first ride on FOP. Good idea to celebrate afterwards. The lunch at Sanaa always looks good, we've got to get there next year. Plus dinner at Geyser looks great, why not take full advantage of the resort.

Oh and the tree's all look fab. I think the Grand Flo is my favourite at the moment. Are you going to do the Christmas tree trail at Disney Springs?

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 19, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post

I had service issues at Geyser Point too, such a shame as we were staying there and I had picked it out as somewhere that looked like a lovely spot. My meal was comped, it was the bison burger and I thought it was delicious. But I too decided that I won’t go back.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 19, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Sounds like my kind of food day,that cinnamon roll cupcake is the thing of my dreams🤣.Sanaa looks really good,never made it there sadly despite stating at kidani!,shame about the dessert being left on the bus.geyser point sounds like the service was non existent, glad you let them know! ,hope you are having a fantastic trip
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 19, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Day Four

Today was breakfast at The Wave. This place doesn’t seem to get much love on the DIBB but I wanted to try it out instead of grabbing breakfast in MK.

I opted for the buffet breakfast and got a ‘spiked’ latte with Baileys and I also got a free mimosa as I was wearing my birthday badge.

My sever brought me some pecan butter which went amazing with the sweet potato pancakes. Overall the food here was fresh, plentiful and tasty. It’s fairly cheap if OOP and has a lot of variety for a smaller buffet.

One of the nicest items was the caramel, pecan and banana yogurt parfait. So enjoyable.

My lunch adr changed here as I originally had a thanksgiving lunch planned at Le Cellier but breakfast was so filling and MK was hell on earth busy so I quickly switched this to Jungle Skipper Canteen. I had never considered here before for the same reason I did not consider whispering canyon cafe at WL - the antics just didn’t appeal to me. I have to say the servers at JSC were fab at assessing how much interacting and jokes you wanted. I got a few but not a constant stream which I was happy for.

I decided this trip to take note of server recommendations as I usually stick to things I know I’ll like but I can miss out on things as I’m not always so adventurous.

For starters my server recommended the shrimp and pork shu mais. These came and were presented in a nice way with a soy and chilli dipping sauce. They were great, I loved the flavour and they were cooked nicely without being chewy.

I also went with the white sangria which has a passion fruit syrup. This was delicious and such a treat after a hot crowded morning in the parks.

Again for my main course I went with the suggestion from my server and ended up with the steak. It was Dr. Falls signature steak - Marinated New York Strip, Pico de Gallo Butter, Jasmine Rice, and Braised Black Beans with Applewood-smoked Bacon. However this has now changed slightly and comes with a potato based side instead of rice.

It was so good. I feel the potato instead rice went great and it had bags of flavour.

I was getting stuffed and asked the server for the smallest dessert as I barely had any room left!
I ended up with Kungaloosh! - An African-inspired Chocolate Cake with Caramelized Bananas served with Cashew- Caramel Ice Cream topped with Coffee Dust.

This was perfectly fine but very dense. I perhaps should have asked for the lightest dessert. I loved the cashew-caramel ice cream though!

Today’s entry for ‘Goldia’s Christmas Corner..’ is from the Contemporary and of course the Magic Kingdom.

By dinner I was definitely fooded out so I decided to skip it but around 9pm I got hungry so picked up a quick service meal at Roaring Fork. I had the pulled pork sandwich with zesty slaw and fries. I wasn’t expecting much but the pulled pork was fab and I believe smoked onsite.

IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 19, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Looks like a very good food day to me, I'd happily munch on all those things I do miss the Adventurers Club though and real Kungalooshes
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 19, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post

I didn’t know JSC had server antics. I can’t be doing with that, neither would DH like it. I think it has just come off my list, shame as I like the menu. I would have the shu mai too and then either the crispy chicken or the whole fried fish.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 19, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
sammi71
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 22
Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
Day Four

Today was breakfast at The Wave. This place doesn’t seem to get much love on the DIBB but I wanted to try it out instead of grabbing breakfast in MK.

I opted for the buffet breakfast and got a ‘spiked’ latte with Baileys and I also got a free mimosa as I was wearing my birthday badge.

My sever brought me some pecan butter which went amazing with the sweet potato pancakes. Overall the food here was fresh, plentiful and tasty. It’s fairly cheap if OOP and has a lot of variety for a smaller buffet.

One of the nicest items was the caramel, pecan and banana yogurt parfait. So enjoyable.

My lunch adr changed here as I originally had a thanksgiving lunch planned at Le Cellier but breakfast was so filling and MK was hell on earth busy so I quickly switched this to Jungle Skipper Canteen. I had never considered here before for the same reason I did not consider whispering canyon cafe at WL - the antics just didn’t appeal to me. I have to say the servers at JSC were fab at assessing how much interacting and jokes you wanted. I got a few but not a constant stream which I was happy for.

I decided this trip to take note of server recommendations as I usually stick to things I know I’ll like but I can miss out on things as I’m not always so adventurous.

For starters my server recommended the shrimp and pork shu mais. These came and were presented in a nice way with a soy and chilli dipping sauce. They were great, I loved the flavour and they were cooked nicely without being chewy.

I also went with the white sangria which has a passion fruit syrup. This was delicious and such a treat after a hot crowded morning in the parks.

Again for my main course I went with the suggestion from my server and ended up with the steak. It was Dr. Falls signature steak - Marinated New York Strip, Pico de Gallo Butter, Jasmine Rice, and Braised Black Beans with Applewood-smoked Bacon. However this has now changed slightly and comes with a potato based side instead of rice.

It was so good. I feel the potato instead rice went great and it had bags of flavour.

I was getting stuffed and asked the server for the smallest dessert as I barely had any room left!
I ended up with Kungaloosh! - An African-inspired Chocolate Cake with Caramelized Bananas served with Cashew- Caramel Ice Cream topped with Coffee Dust.

This was perfectly fine but very dense. I perhaps should have asked for the lightest dessert. I loved the cashew-caramel ice cream though!

Today’s entry for ‘Goldia’s Christmas Corner..’ is from the Contemporary and of course the Magic Kingdom.

By dinner I was definitely fooded out so I decided to skip it but around 9pm I got hungry so picked up a quick service meal at Roaring Fork. I had the pulled pork sandwich with zesty slaw and fries. I wasn’t expecting much but the pulled pork was fab and I believe smoked onsite.

We had breakfast at The Wave and loved it, will definitely be on our repeat list for our next trip
sammi71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 19, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Day Five

This morning was breakfast at Boma. I have been meaning to try here for a while and heard so many good things. I was really looking forward to a nice relaxed breakfast. The Lodge looked stunning decorated for the holidays and I was given a nice window seat.

The service here was fairly slow but I actually liked that it wasn’t a rush to get you in and out.
I tried the carved ham which was delicious and they had the M&M pancakes which I had to try given how much I’d read about them on other reports.

The pecan bread and butter pudding with a pecan toffee sauce was nice but my god was it sweet! Definitely not for the faint hearted. I loved my cocktail here which was a margarita. I can’t find the listing for this online but it was amazing. So fruity and generous on the tequila.

I headed to Epcot and wandered round the world showcase. It was heating up and I stopped for a shaved ice at the Kaki Gori stand in Japan. I had the rainbow shaved ice. It was so refreshing on a hot day and huge for a snack credit.

I went on several rides and had a great day. Fastpasses worked well and as I had a while until my dinner ADR I went for a walk around the broadwalk. I stopped at Ample Hills Creamery where a snake credit gets you a small cup with two flavours of ice cream. I opted for the Baked/Unbaked -
Vanilla Ice Cream with pieces of House-made Chocolate Chip Cookies and Brown Butter Cookie Dough and Nonna D's Oatmeal Lace
Dark Brown Sugar Cinnamon Ice Cream with House-made Oatmeal Lace Cookies.

Wow! I wish they sold this in tubs at home. It was so good and a million times better then Ben and Jerry’s. I was surprised how big a small cup was too!

Dinner was Chef’s De France. I got there a little early but it was so crowded. I waited for around 20 minutes past my adr time and I think I underestimated how popular this place would be.

I had the Saint Tropez Pool to drink. This is Rose Wine and Sparkling Wine, Lejay Cassis on the rocks - a winner for me as I love rose wine and I thought this was something different from the usual Disney cocktails.

For my starter I chose the A la Flamme Alsacienne
Flatbread - Alsace Specialty, Creme Fraiche, Onion, and Baco.

This just did not look appealing and I should’ve gone for something else I think. It tasted okay but the creme fraiche was the main taste which was just odd. Not a winner for me.

Mains was the steak, which you’ll see a lot off, purely because I could live on steak and shrimp. This came with a potato gratin and green beans. I sent this back as I ordered medium and it was well done. It came back exactly the way. Not the greatest of meals and as a result I got my dessert to go and left as by this point I felt like I’d been in there hours.

Never done Chef De France before and I wouldn’t go out my way to visit again. The french apple tart dessert I got to go was decidedly average too and to be honest I’ve had better apple tarts from the supermarket.

Today’s entry for ‘Goldia’s Christmas Corner..’ is Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Old 1 Dec 19, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by saratogajan View Post
Looks fantastic. So pleased you got such a lovely room. Foods look fabulous xx
My room is amazing and it was such an unexpected surprise!
Old 1 Dec 19, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
Just love those little squirrels on the Christmas tree at WL!
Love all the food, looks great. Glad you got such a fab room.
I did love those squirrels. WL is such a fabulous resort xx