Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 2 Dec 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Ooh now that a Outback meal looked yum, and love the sound of that cocktail. Taco Bell looked a bit meh though. I’m never sure about that ham they serve at breakfast , glad the Market Cafe was good this time round.

Gosh ages since we have been to Denny’s but those pancakes might tempt me ! Mmmmm pie at Perkins. Lovely . Although the silk pie does sound very sweet. Loving the Chinese... just for the dinky boxes 😀😆

Interesting day there of IHOP and Logan’s. They never quite make it on to our list. Did love Neil’s happy smile with his beer bless him.

Ah how fab to see a rocket launch, that’s brilliant. Teak burgers look amazing. Yours was very yummy looking but wow at the suggested tip. Creeping upwards there !

Cheddars didn’t look overly fabulous in your pics. The honey croissants seem weird! That odd looking bread slice was very popular in Memphis and Nashville I recall. Does look like toast though😂. I was sure you would pick the pot pie !

Outstanding donut selections for dessert 😋
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
Just caught up with this. Some fantastic favourites and some really great new ones to try in the future.

Also like the fact you have our favourite drinks White Zinfandel (although DW prefers the Beringer) and Bud Lite Lime. There is also a Bud Light Orange which was recommended by one of the staff at Publix but I never managed to try it. Another reason to return.
It was good trying some new places this time, I hope it's given you some ideas.

We love that you get the wine in big bottles, I think we went through 4 Neil wasn't keen on the Bud Light Lime, I don't think he'd buy it again and we didn't see the orange. Haha, yes you definitely need to go back to try new food and drinks. Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Ooh now that a Outback meal looked yum, and love the sound of that cocktail. Taco Bell looked a bit meh though. I’m never sure about that ham they serve at breakfast , glad the Market Cafe was good this time round.

Gosh ages since we have been to Denny’s but those pancakes might tempt me ! Mmmmm pie at Perkins. Lovely . Although the silk pie does sound very sweet. Loving the Chinese... just for the dinky boxes 😀😆

Interesting day there of IHOP and Logan’s. They never quite make it on to our list. Did love Neil’s happy smile with his beer bless him.

Ah how fab to see a rocket launch, that’s brilliant. Teak burgers look amazing. Yours was very yummy looking but wow at the suggested tip. Creeping upwards there !

Cheddars didn’t look overly fabulous in your pics. The honey croissants seem weird! That odd looking bread slice was very popular in Memphis and Nashville I recall. Does look like toast though😂. I was sure you would pick the pot pie !

Outstanding donut selections for dessert 😋
Outback was our best meal this trip, it was all so good. I love the ham, it's usually lightly smoked and it's my favourite breakfast meat over there. I always find the bacon a bit overcooked although I don't mind having it sometimes.

Thoroughly recommend that you try Denny's again... I would rate their pancakes above any of the other breakfast places. I think it might have knocked Bob off of the top spot for me this time around.

Logan's was good, but we preferred Texas so not sure we'd rush back. The bread rolls at Logan's were amazing though, so maybe... IHOP is fine, not the best for me but decent enough for at least one visit per trip.

I think we'd definitely give Cheddar's another chance. We weren't overly hungry after our huge burgers at Teak so it was maybe a mistake to try there that particular night. I was sure I would order the chicken pot pie as well! But it came with salad and I really wanted mash so I went for the meatloaf. I'm sure they would have subbed the salad for mash if I'd asked but I didn't think at the time.

The donuts were indeed outstanding

Thanks for reading and commenting Amanda

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Day 14 - Thursday 14th November 2019 - Bob Evans & travel food

We were organised and ready to leave the villa by 10am, and decided on Bob Evans, one of our all time favourite breakfast places, to fill up for our long day ahead. We went to the one on US192, between the new Walmart and marker 6. We’ve been to this one a few times before, but we prefer the one on Hwy27. This one was on our way to the airport today so it was the obvious option.

After ordering coffee, our server went a bit AWOL and didn’t see her until after our food arrived when we had to call her over to get our cutlery so we could start eating. We both had the Farmer’s Choice, where you start with 2 eggs, then choose your meat, side and bread. I chose ham, breakfast potatoes and french toast. Neil decided on sausage patties, hash brown and also the french toast on my recommendation. The food was all really nice, but Neil wasn’t too keen on the sausage patties. He enjoyed the french toast though, it is very good, soft and cinnamony, and I enjoyed it too. The service wasn’t great here today, which is unlike Bob Evans and it remains one of our favourites nevertheless. Total $25.75 plus tip.

The next food stop on our journey was the The Club lounge at Orlando International Airport. We had a couple of hours here and enjoyed some drinks, and a light lunch. There was a choice of soup, salad and sandwiches and well as a sweetie and cookies station. I didn’t manage to get photos of all of the offerings as it was quite busy.

We each enjoyed some soup, sandwich and sweets. I managed to fit in a coffee too.

On our first flight from Orlando to Chicago, we got a snack of Biscoff and a drink - water for me and orange juice for Neil.

Our next flight was the overnight British Airways from Chicago to London Heathrow and the food offerings started with a snack of Pretzels and a drink. We both chose water this time. A while later our main meal came out, a choice of Chicken Casserole or a pasta dish. We both had the Chicken Casserole and it was surprisingly good. As always there was the usual bread, salad, cheese & crackers and a little dessert. The little chocolate pot was delicious and we both enjoyed our plane meal. There was a drinks service with the meal, and I had a white wine and Neil a Coke. It was all finished off with tea or coffee.

It was lights out after dinner, until we were brought this Croissant with Tomato Cream Cheese. You’ll see the pic shows a time of 2.32 on my watch, which I think was on Chicago time so that would have been 8.32am in the UK. The croissant wasn’t great, but we were hungry so we ate it. It was actually the filling that was a bit strange, if the croissant had been plain it would have been better. Neil had orange juice and tea to drink and I had apple juice and coffee. The coffee definitely wasn’t Perkins or Denny’s standard!

Our final food stop before our last flight from London Heathrow to Aberdeen was the Aspire Lounge in Terminal 5. We’ve been here before and I find it a bit claustrophobic. I didn’t get any photos of the food because it’s so cramped around the food area and there are always lots of people squeezing past when waiting to get food. We started with a small cooked breakfast, coffee and apple juice.

We were in the lounge for a couple of hours and after breakfast we spent some time catching up with family now that we were back in the UK. The lunch options came out not long before we were leaving so we had a quick meal to keep us going for a while. There was a beef stew, or cauliflower dahl for mains, I had the curry. Neil had some cheese and crackers (no pic).

And that’s another holiday all over and done with. We had some fantastic and some not-so-great meals, and tried lots of new places. For both of us, the stand out meal of the holiday was Outback Steakhouse - everything we ate there was delicious and we both enjoyed it more than our meal at Longhorn. It was better value too. Strangely, one of our best food experiences was our hot sandwiches and donuts from Wawa which we ate in the car on the way to Clearwater Beach. The food was good, and we were just chilled out and loving life, driving along drinking our coffee and chatting. Sometimes it’s the little things.

Thank you so much to everyone who’s taken the time to read and comment… we really appreciate it

Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thanks for taking the time to do your trippie I have really enjoyed reading along :spin some nice food along the way

Joan
Old 5 Dec 19, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Tassiriki
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Thanks for the foodie report. I have enjoyed seeing your off site choices. We had many of the same last year. The size of portions and the heat meant we too had less meals. Usually two a day. Even the kids who are non stop eaters at home! Glad you had a good break and got home safely.
Tassiriki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

I've loved reading about all the lovely food and drink you had on your trip. It sure seems like you had a ball just the two of you. Some old favourites and some new places too.

Thanks for sharing it all with us x

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Ah love that Cajun chicken pasta at Millers. Did you finish all the wine and Seagrams ? Interesting to see the lounge offerings and your travel day food. How weird was that croissant filling. Why is breakfast food so odd on aircraft !

Fab report, thanks for sharing
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Thanks for taking the time to do your trippie I have really enjoyed reading along :spin some nice food along the way

Joan
Thank you for reading along Joan, I hope you're well. Yes, we had some nice meals this trip and it was good to try some new places.

Originally Posted by Tassiriki View Post
Thanks for the foodie report. I have enjoyed seeing your off site choices. We had many of the same last year. The size of portions and the heat meant we too had less meals. Usually two a day. Even the kids who are non stop eaters at home! Glad you had a good break and got home safely.
Thank you. We were the same, most days the breakfast kept up going until dinner time. Thanks for reading and commenting.

Old 8 Dec 19, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I've loved reading about all the lovely food and drink you had on your trip. It sure seems like you had a ball just the two of you. Some old favourites and some new places too.

Thanks for sharing it all with us x
Thank you for reading along and commenting Abby. We really enjoyed trying some new places this trip, mixed in with some old favourites. You know, the first couple of trips without the girls were strange, like there was something missing. But we've adjusted now, and we are really enjoying each other's company on our couples trips - we had a great time

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Ah love that Cajun chicken pasta at Millers. Did you finish all the wine and Seagrams ? Interesting to see the lounge offerings and your travel day food. How weird was that croissant filling. Why is breakfast food so odd on aircraft !

Fab report, thanks for sharing
Oh do you? Honestly I thought it was just "ok", not my favourite pasta dish.

Haha, yes we did finish all of the alcoholic drinks, we made a point of it on our last evening!

Aeroplane breakfasts are just the strangest meals ever. I've never had anything normal!

Thank you very much for reading along and commenting Amanda

Old 11 Dec 19, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
MsSparkles
Excited about Disney

Thanks for this excellent food report. I've noted down a few places for us to try on our next trip - especially Bob Evans and Kekes.

1990 - Disney World (I Drive), 1997 - Disney World (I Drive), 2007 & 2008 - Disneyland Paris, 2009 & 2011 - Disney World (I Drive & LBV) , 2013 - Disneyland California (offsite) - 2015 Disney World (BCL & LBV) , 2017 & 2022 Disney World (LBV) Plus many other US holidays and road trips (aiming to visit every state )
MsSparkles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List