Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 18 Jan 20, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Wow, a brilliant report. It has taken me all week but I have now made it to the end. I have really enjoyed reading about all your food choices. Some of your favourites have been places that I haven't even really considered. It's a shame that you didn't rate the breakfast at Crystal Palace as that has always been one of our favourites and I think it is going back on the list for this year. I was also considering lunch at LTT but your review has put me off a little but I might have to keep it just for that toffee cake!

I'm very impressed that you managed to use all the snack credits with four days to spare - we've never got anywhere close.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Sorry for taking so long to replying guys, the Disney blues are strong

Originally Posted by pinktraceb View Post
Really enjoyed your report, thank you for sharing
Thank you so much for reading.

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Fab report , thank you for taking the time to write it . Some lovely meals and a fellow fan of the dxddp. I think it enhances the experience especially if you are swaying away from being a ride based holiday. I love the resorts and a foodie trip can give you an opportunity to try new things . The wave and 9 dragons were stand outs for us .
Thank you for reading Sam, no DxDP for us this year and I'll definitely miss that part of the planning. I am sure it will be nice to have more free time in the parks though. I think we'll be at Nine Dragons this year!

Originally Posted by Wismgari View Post
I love roasted sweet potatoes - I just chop them into chunks, drizzle with oil and garlic and then cook for about 45mins. They do tend to stick a little and don't look attractive, but they are so soft and caramelised and delicious!

Thanks for doing your trip report - I enjoyed following along and look forward to the next one I have only managed one food report in the past, but I may try again for my trip next year!
Definitely try to do a food trippie, it's lovely to look back on and I am sad I don't have any record of our earlier trips.

Originally Posted by Tassiriki View Post
Thank you so much for doing this report. I have loved reading along. Like Goldia, your top 5 have made me reconsider our choices for 2020. However, we have 3 kids (who will be 10,7 and 1) so I have to take them into consideration too 😂😂
Thank you for reading! I'd love to know where you have chosen for this year.

Originally Posted by xuntitledx View Post
Another fantastic trip report, thanks for sharing!
Thank you very much for reading xxx

Originally Posted by Steveswift View Post
Great read, picked up loads of useful tips, thanks for all of your hard work.
Thank you so much for reading xxx

Originally Posted by jobelly View Post
Another great report, thanks again for taking the time to do it.
Thank you so much for reading!

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
I’ve been AWOL for a bit so this is quite a catch up comment.
Breakfast looks really good at Park Fare. Liberty Tavern food didn’t really look that appetising in your photos either, I’m pleased the dessert helped save it! Disappointing service especially for the Grand Floridian but at least you managed to change the room. The meal at Citros looks delicious. Its great you got to watch the pageant from the balcony but sad that you weren’t that bothered about the room after all. It’s all the more disappointing when the deluxe doesn’t quite hit the mark -Which one do you think is your favourite?
Skippers sounds like it was perfect, I’m really tempted to eat here.
California Grill food sounds lovely, shame it interfered with your MNSSHP snacking! I think your lantern photo is great.
Another bag! Looks fab.
I can’t believe you managed to tick off a few more at food & wine in between Chef de Paris and Monsieur Paul. Your fish looks amazing!
I can’t believe House of Blues bit the dust but the Cheesecake Factory definitely ended the trip on a food high, I groaned when you said you added the pasta as a bit of a side dish as I thought there was no way you were going to make dessert. (I think I might need a copy of your pasta recipe) You both deserve a medal for managing to squeeze in pudding!
Fantastic round up, I’ve thoroughly enjoyed reading your report as always. Thanks for taking the time to write up your holiday Colette. Hope you’ve both had a fabulous Christmas.
Hello fellow AWOL Dibber!

I really was sad to miss out on House of Blues as it definitely felt like Unfinished Business was left incomplete but it was so fun to eat somewhere totally left field. There was no way I was leaving without dessert!

This is the recipe for the pasta, we love it! lisaswishesblog.blogspot/...icken-and.html

P.S. I also got the Loungefly Snacks Backpack, did I mentioned that in the report?! I can't remember if I did haha. I've turned over a new frugal life this year, will this be the year there's no Dooney!?

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
Wow, a brilliant report. It has taken me all week but I have now made it to the end. I have really enjoyed reading about all your food choices. Some of your favourites have been places that I haven't even really considered. It's a shame that you didn't rate the breakfast at Crystal Palace as that has always been one of our favourites and I think it is going back on the list for this year. I was also considering lunch at LTT but your review has put me off a little but I might have to keep it just for that toffee cake!

I'm very impressed that you managed to use all the snack credits with four days to spare - we've never got anywhere close.
Thank you so much for reading, I do waffle on so it must have taken forever to read.

I've really enjoyed that DxDP has allowed us to try new places rather than just sticking to our old favourites, it was fab branching out and trying so many new places this year and being pleasantly surprised, we're only doing the regular dining plan this year but I'm determined that we'll try lots of new places again.

I'd recommend dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern over the lunch, lunch just felt a bit greasy, which is odd as grease is one of my favourite food groups

Thank you again, and happy planning!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracey2019
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Collybird im just catching up on your report as it got lost in my active threads. I was in costco edinburgh tonight and they have ghiradellis peppermint bark just like you posted. If glasgow is closer to you then they will more than likely have it too
Tracey2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

Just read through your full report, thanks for sharing! The amount of food on the deluxe plan scares me, I’m hugely impressed by how well you did.

I was musing over booking Le cellier or monsieur Paul for our trip later this year and I think you may have swayed me to the latter.

So annoying about your upgraded bands, I am now nervous as I’ve upgraded mine but hopefully that’ll be sorted by the time we go, it’s not until September. At least they made an effort to fix things but it shouldn’t take someone crying to do that!
Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tracey2019 View Post
Collybird im just catching up on your report as it got lost in my active threads. I was in costco edinburgh tonight and they have ghiradellis peppermint bark just like you posted. If glasgow is closer to you then they will more than likely have it too
No way!? This is life changing news! Thank you for telling me. I think Aberdeen is probably closest to us and I'm supposed to be going there soon!

Originally Posted by Wordsworth View Post
Just read through your full report, thanks for sharing! The amount of food on the deluxe plan scares me, I’m hugely impressed by how well you did.

I was musing over booking Le cellier or monsieur Paul for our trip later this year and I think you may have swayed me to the latter.

So annoying about your upgraded bands, I am now nervous as I’ve upgraded mine but hopefully that’ll be sorted by the time we go, it’s not until September. At least they made an effort to fix things but it shouldn’t take someone crying to do that!
It really is a lot of food and it can feel quite overwhelming when you are there, you definitely do it more because 'it's included'.

Monsieur Paul is much more worthy of 2 credits than Le Cellier, it felt like a special evening but not stuffy, which is what we look for in a Signature restaurant. Le Cellier just didn't compare for us. Your ADR day will be here before you know it!

I'm still a bit miffed about the bands. I managed to pick the one I had ordered up in one of the shops so I still got it but we didn't manage to get the one Nik wanted. Hopefully it will all go smoothly with your order, which bands did you pick? I love the new red one with the Minnie heads on.

collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 12:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Tracey2019
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
No way!? This is life changing news! Thank you for telling me. I think Aberdeen is probably closest to us and I'm supposed to be going there soon!
Im back at costco before the month is out more than happy to get a bag and post it
Tracey2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 12:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
It really is a lot of food and it can feel quite overwhelming when you are there, you definitely do it more because 'it's included'.

Monsieur Paul is much more worthy of 2 credits than Le Cellier, it felt like a special evening but not stuffy, which is what we look for in a Signature restaurant. Le Cellier just didn't compare for us. Your ADR day will be here before you know it!

I'm still a bit miffed about the bands. I managed to pick the one I had ordered up in one of the shops so I still got it but we didn't manage to get the one Nik wanted. Hopefully it will all go smoothly with your order, which bands did you pick? I love the new red one with the Minnie heads on.

I am feeling slightly panicked that I haven’t got my plan together yet, but it’s entirely irrational given I still have plenty of time until ADR day! We are staying at Yacht Club so I am keen to make use of how close we are to Epcot for dining. And I think F&W will be on so I can always try the LC steak from the booth - although maybe I’ll need my own cutlery based on your review!

I picked the red band with the Minnie heads DH went for plain blue, he wants an R2D2 skin for it. He wasn’t prepared to pay the upcharge for the Galaxy Edge band!
Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

I somehow missed this completely as I had a bit of a Dibb break, just caught up on it all. Thank you for writing it, I love your food reports and it gives me lots of ideas for the future. Lots of surprises in your final list of favourites, both Skipper Canteen and Morimoto Asia look really good. Also Cheesecake Factory too, I have always wanted to try it but the location in Orlando means we talk about it then never make it! Maybe next year
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Fab food report! Currently on a diet so have just mentally eaten all of your meals 😂😂 I’m still starving 😫! You guys did so well with the deluxe dining plan! How the heck are you so slim! I’d of gained about 6 stone!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
VizslaMom
Getting Excited

Fab report - thank you for taking all that time to write it !
I have read your previous reports, which have been equally as entertaining, but I'm such a lurker and tend not to comment - very naughty of me!
You have given me some more ideas of where to eat when I go in June (first time on-site and on the DDP).

Thanks again!
VizslaMom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List