Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Jan 20, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

My mums surgeon was Stephen Pollard, he spoke to her initially for nearly three hours without charging a penny, and has been incredibly supportive throughout. This is us out yesterday in London enjoying a roast dinner. Mum had a childs portion she managed one piece of beef, one potato, and some veg but said it was delicious 😋

We spoke about this thread and she immediately said please message if you want a chat anytime x

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
My mums surgeon was Stephen Pollard, he spoke to her initially for nearly three hours without charging a penny, and has been incredibly supportive throughout. This is us out yesterday in London enjoying a roast dinner. Mum had a childs portion she managed one piece of beef, one potato, and some veg but said it was delicious 😋

We spoke about this thread and she immediately said please message if you want a chat anytime x
She looks so happy! You must be so proud of how far she’s come.

And thank you for the offer of a chat with her, I may well have lots of questions going forward!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by jovimum View Post
I had the group sessions first - 5 in total, then ive had 3 one to one sessions with my next one next week, then the phycologists(sp?) Start next week too - i think this depends on the sessions go to how many i will need. Then i will see the surgeon who will decide if im "fit enough".
These appointments started with the referal from my gp about a year ago. Then spring last year my group sessions started - 4 in total, about one a month. Ive had 2 one to one sessions, again about a month apart. Ive been going to appointments and groups for around a year. I was told its a long process lasting about 18 months. I get to choose which surgery i get to have - that is obviously confirmed or not with the surgeon.
I can - if i want - drop out at any time or just pause the whole thing and then jump back on when im ready.
Im so sorry - ive waffled! Hope all makes sence!
You’ve not waffled at all. I am so conflicted with everything, the idea of having something so permanent and drastic is making me anxious. Have so much to think about and trying not to let it consume me before my appointment. Thank you so much!

NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Bentley View Post
Slightly different for me. I decided whilst in Florida having spend another day in Universal feeling fat and frumpy to have a vertical gastric sleeve.

It was the 21st February 2019, I applied online to have mine done privately in Prague. I sent across photos and had to complete a comprehensive medical form. The following Monday I started the LRD which is the Liver Reduction Diet, three weeks later I flew to Prague on the Sunday, I had pre-ops on the Sunday evening and Monday morning. I was taken for the OP later that day.

I flew home on the Friday, I had planned on staying until the Sunday, but felt good and just wanted to get home. I have lost just over six stone, my BMI is healthy and I have gone from a size 20 to a 8/10.

For me it was the best thing I’ve done. This year, was the first year in about 20 years that I’ve not vowed to lose weight. I’m just working on getting fitter and more toned.
Wow! That seems so quick, just shows the difference with going through the NHS. I’m so pleased you don’t have any regret. Very few people I read about regret having it done. I need to do some research on different methods so I can go armed with questions when I have my appointment.