Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Jan 20, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
For your information I did read the statement that I quoted , I had no idea that the statement Bev had linked was the same statement as I couldn't see it , I also responded to my quoted statement ( as above ) by saying I had never seen these claims as I don't go searching for them, you seem to have a huge problem because my opinion differs to yours , let me just clarify one last time .
I do not agree with press harassment and certainly do not agree with any racial undertones .
I do agree that if they are not happy with the way they have been treated then it's best to step away from the limelight and get on with their lives without the status .
I do however stand by my opinion, they could have handled this a lot better and without all the hypocrisy.
I agree - just because your opinion is different, it’s quite clearly wrong.

They’ve certainly made things worse for themselves. All the hoo-ha about how and when they were going to announce Archie’s arrival for example. Not such a big deal, but why go against tradition? The public are/were interested in that kind of thing. Yes, it’s their lives, they can do what they like, but they can’t then complain if they get flack for it.
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

Mobile

With regards to the KP announcer posted, I wonder what it was about this particular relationship (early on) that caused such press interest. I don’t recall reports of people trying to break into Chelsey Davy’s house or harassing her parents. Or was it the American press that we’re doing that? Did the previous girlfriends not attract the interest? Or did they but KP didn’t feel a statement was necessary? Just curious.
Old 20 Jan 20, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Because I didnt use the twitter link but posted an image of the document in full ! If I’m in a discussion I read all the posts in a thread , not just the ones that support my opinion !
I don’t think it’s rocket science to realise that if things had got bad enough by the end of 2008 that KP felt they needed to speak out rather than do the usual ignore it had got pretty bad even that early on !
If this is aimed at me then can I confirm that I also read all the posts as I'm actually interested in other people's opinions, even though I don't always agree, sometimes it will give me a different perspective and I can agree with some of the opposing points raised .
I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall though on the statement comment from you , I did both read the statement you posted and I commented on it ,so you must have known I read it , however the link Bev provided didn't fully open for me and did not show the very same statement you had posted , it just showed a bit of a headline and nothing else.
We are going round in circles but I have said my piece now as in I agree with some of the opposing opinions but not all of them .
I think most people will agree that I hope they will finally be happy as the Queen has now given them what they want .
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Loftus
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
So are they going to melt into the background and live the normal life- people will then quickly lose interest and I’m sure they will eventually have much less press intrusion.
Or are they going to milk it for all it’s worth, with a Sussex Royal type brand, Givenchy or whatever designer house it’s meant to be, deals, £20m Oprah interview, Netflix deal, Disney deal etc and still cry foul of press intrusion whilst they rake in millions?
I hope it’s the former, as frankly I’m sick to death of hearing about them, but suspect it’ll be the latter.
Answers on a postcard please...
I think it's naïve of them or anyone to think that the press will lose interest in them. They are who they are and no amount of stepping back will change that.
Loftus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Well Diana didn’t melt into the background , there was still huge interest in her after she lost her HRH.
I suspect they’ll remain high profile but Canada’s privacy laws will work better for them so they can divide public and private lives better.
It’s just a shame that couldn’t be achieved here with our out of control media.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Well Diana didn’t melt into the background , there was still huge interest in her after she lost her HRH.
I suspect they’ll remain high profile but Canada’s privacy laws will work better for them so they can divide public and private lives better.
Let’s not forget that Diana also courted the press and manipulated them to her advantage at times
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Loftus
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Universal VR View Post
With regards to the KP announcer posted, I wonder what it was about this particular relationship (early on) that caused such press interest. I don’t recall reports of people trying to break into Chelsey Davy’s house or harassing her parents. Or was it the American press that we’re doing that? Did the previous girlfriends not attract the interest? Or did they but KP didn’t feel a statement was necessary? Just curious.
Could it be because she was a famous actress already with a high media profile? Could it be partly because she was mixed-race?

As for Chelsy Davy, she described her media treatment when with Harry as "full on, scary and uncomfortable".
Loftus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Let’s not forget that Diana also courted the press and manipulated them to her advantage at times
I completely agree and is the same as what has happened in this situation .
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
I completely agree and is the same as what has happened in this situation .
Said the same from the beginning of this thread but it’s just going on and on Linda. Only time will tell and I don’t think it will take long ...
Yeh Queen has dealt with it as best she can and I’m sure they will all be there for Harry when needed
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

I enjoyed the six weeks when we heard nothing from them at all. If that’s repeated in their new life I’d be happy but I dont see it happening with Netflix waiting in the wings. Our out of control media? The same media they tapped into “when” they wanted to?
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread