Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 8 Feb 20, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Here we go Again! Charlotte's 2nd WDW trip Jan 2019 - Day 11 MK & Storybook Dining at WL

Index is here

Day 11

Sunday 3rd Feb 2019

Another lazy start to the day, with a much needed lie in for us all, especially Charlotte. I put all our purchases together in the corner of the room, and got a bit concerned we wouldn't have room to get it home!

We had showers, bathed Charlotte and got all sorted for the day and set off in the car for Wilderness Lodge. We had an ADR there this evening for the relatively new Storybook Dining character meal with Snow white. Charlotte was super into Snow White at the time so I knew she'd love it, and was so lucky to manage to snag an ADR. I think I only got one because it was Super bowl Sunday.

We had decided we would drive to Wilderness Lodge, eat lunch at their QS then get the boat over to MK, then back to Wilderness Lodge in the evening for our ADR.

It's such a lovely resort, serious wow factor on the way in and the lobby is incredible.

We found our way down to Roaring Fork and got ordered some lunch for us all. I was especially looking forward to trying the campfire cupcake!

There was so much choice, we enjoyed everything we had and the cupcake was divine. So much better than the QS at Beach Club. I seem to have only taken photos of the desserts we got though!

All done with lunch, we found our way down to the water taxis over to Magic Kingdom.

one came in a couple of minutes. One of the crew members gave Charlotte a watercraft sticker, she was pleased as punch!

On the way into MK, I popped into the Emporium and they finally had the reusable bags in stock, so I picked one up for me and one for Jo.

Top on our to do list was today was watching the parade from a bit closer, so we walked up to Frontier land and found a good spot. Charlotte and I sat down, this was about 2.40 I've noted! Martin stood behind us and pushed the buggy back out of the way.

The parade was lovely, Charlotte was so excited but did ask why the characters weren't coming to see her Perils of doing character dining!

We cut through back into Adventureland once the parade had all passed through and made a beeline for the Tiki Room. The park was BUSY today!

We had a FP for the Barnstormer but had a message to say it was down so we could use on another ride experience. We decided to do Pirates, which was enjoyable as always.

I wanted to look for a mug in the Splash Mountain store so we took a quick walk round there. Alas they didn't have it. They had many other things I wanted, but I was restrained! We did buy some cold waters and little Mickey crackers using snack credits. The CM at the register gave Charlotte a cool Splash Mountain sticker.

As we walked through Liberty Square we caught most of the Muppet show. I'm really sad they've got rid of this now as we never managed to watch the full show in one go.

We got some fruit to snack on at the Liberty Square marketplace.

As we passed one of the popcorn carts they had the new Mickey popcorn bucket, but it wasn't really worth getting it for our last 3 days! So again I resisted temptation.

Still on our Princess meet list was Merida, so we joined the queue. I assume she wasn't there for a little while as we didn't move for ages. It was pretty much our last chance to do it though, so we stuck it out. I like the way this works, they only let small groups of people into the main meeting area and it's so nicely themed.

This was one of the best meets of the whole trip, Charlotte adored Merida and she was a really good character - very sassy and fun. Worth the wait for sure.

We had a FP for Peter Pan now, it had been down for refurb for the early part of the trip so I'd made sure we got one for todau, no way I'm waiting in those insane queues for that! I don't get the attraction with this ride. Is it nostalgia? It is sweet I guess, but the wait times are always soooo long!

It was time to get the boat back to Wilderness Lodge for our ADR now. We waited a pretty long time for a boat, luckily we had left in plenty of time.

Once we got to the hotel, Martin popped to the car and got Charlotte's Snow White dress that I'd brought. I got her changed in the restrooms, then booked in at the podium. We were taken straight through to the restaurant.

Having never eaten there before I'm not sure how different it is having changed to character dining, but the decor and theming were really nice.

We enjoyed all the starters, I especially loved the bisque. In fact I think I had both little cups of that as Martin had the prawn ones (I don't do prawns!)
I had the Enchanted Apple cocktail, which was so good.

For entrees we both had the beef, which was delicious. They brought us an extra plate so we could share with Charlotte. None of us were fussed with dessert though, they were OK. The popcorn in the "hunters gift" tasted a bit stale.

I liked that they had the evil queen at her own little area, so you could take kids up if they felt brave enough! Snow White was lovely, and Charlotte enjoyed meeting Dopey and Grumpy (she did ask where the other dwarves were though )

After a thoroughly lovely day, we headed back to the car and home. Charlotte was fast asleep in the car on the way and didn't wake when we lifted her out at Beach Club, or when we changed her into her PJs for bed.

Tomorrow - Martin plays golf, so we have a girls trip to Epcot, join up at Epcot for the afternoon, then have dinner at California Grill

Edited at 05:50 PM.
vics18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

What a lovely day. All the food looks delicious even if the popcorn was below par.
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
What a lovely day. All the food looks delicious even if the popcorn was below par.
Thank you! It was delicious x
vics18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh. Charlotte in her Snow White dress. Adorable.

Sounds like a really fun day all round, the QS at FW looks yummy. Shame the food wasn’t quite up to standard later on.

Looking forward for more days x
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Oh. Charlotte in her Snow White dress. Adorable.

Sounds like a really fun day all round, the QS at FW looks yummy. Shame the food wasn’t quite up to standard later on.

Looking forward for more days x
I'm obviously biased, but she is isn't she. She absolutely loved that whole experience, and was such a good girl for the whole meal.

Most of the food was nice, I'm generally never a fan of those pre plated mini dessert things but the starters and mains were goooood

I will do my best to get some more up soon xx
Old 19 Feb 20, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Wow, Wilderness Lodge looks so lovely! And what a fantastic dinner, Charlotte with Snow White made my heart melt!

I am totally with you on Peter Pan... who is waiting an hour plus for this ride?!

Such a lovely day!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Wow, Wilderness Lodge looks so lovely! And what a fantastic dinner, Charlotte with Snow White made my heart melt!

I am totally with you on Peter Pan... who is waiting an hour plus for this ride?!

Such a lovely day!
I know, us too!

I have no idea

Thanks for reading and commenting as always xxx