Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 6 Mar 20, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
LLKJDisney
VIP Dibber

LLKJDisney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Four Moretons Go West EASTER 2018 - Day 11 Knottsberry Farm and move to San Diego

Day 11 - Wednesday 3rd April 2018 – Knottsberry Farm Theme Park

Unfortunately, we did not get that good night’s sleep as the beds were awful and very creaky.

We went down to breakfast in the restaurant, I had the Continental which was 3 pastries, juice and tea, Lee had the breakfast buffet, Jacob the fruit platter and Lucas had pancakes. Lee’s buffet could have served us all as you could keep going up but that would have been very cheeky. The bill for breakfast was $50.
We went back to the room and then checked out so we could walk over to the park and take advantage of the early entry you get if you stay at the hotel. We could enter the park at 9.30am, we arrived at 9.15am and there was already quite a long line to get in. The American national anthem played bang on 9.30am and most people joined in with it.

We visited KBF on our last trip and we thought it was an excellent family theme park, with a mixture of big roller coasters and more gentle rides for Lucas.

Lee was devastated to see that the Xcellerator Roller Coaster was closed today, it was his favourite on our last visit. We tried to take advantage of the early entry but queues were still 20 minutes plus. Lucas braved the sidewinder with Jacob which we didn't think he would do, this picture doesn't look like he enjoyed it but he did!

Moving around the park we all went on the Calico mine train which was a bit lame but a nice family ride. From there we went on the Iron Reef Voyage which was a laser shooting ride but not great compared to similar rides we have been on. By now the park had filled up a lot and not many rides had less than a 60-minute wait time. This and the fact none of us had slept very well meant the day wasn’t going as we wanted it to. We joined the queue for the Jaguar as it stated 30 minutes at the entrance but after queueing for 5 minutes, they made an announcement saying the wait time was now 70 minutes. We left the queue and went on to the Carousel. Not only were the queues long but it seemed to be taking the staff ages to load and unload the rides.

My favourite ride, the Ghost Rider (wooden coaster) had a wait time of 90 minutes. We wandered around aimlessly for a while before deciding to call it a day, one thing we have learnt from our many theme park days is that if you are not having fun then you are better to cut your losses and leave.

We had a look in the gift shop before leaving, which the boys seemed to enjoy more. Lucas did purchase a soft snoopy plush, which he still loves today.

Overall our KBF experience had been disappointing to say the least, the hotel was very average and nowhere near value for money, the theme park was packed and again there was no way we got value for money. It was such a shame as we loved KBF last time we came but I think we caught it on a bad day and after a poor night’s sleep.
The boys were hungry, so we grabbed them a quick McDonalds, grabbed our food and left as there were some very strange characters in the restaurant.

We discussed the idea of Downtown Disney again but decided the way forward was to get on the road and head towards our house in San Diego as quick as possible. We were all looking forward to this part of the trip, San Diego is amazing. We had booked a house where the ocean was just at the end of the street so we were looking forward to spending some time on the beach. Thankfully the traffic was very kind to us and we had a smooth journey on the I5. It’s a lovely scenic journey down to San Diego too with much of it along the coast. Both boys were shattered and slept most of the way.

We arrived at the house at 4pm, which tells you how early we left KBF. It was a lovely place, perfect for our family. It was a good feeling to actually unpack the cases as we were staying in the same place for a while. The house was in La Jolla and the location was fab, it definitely helped us having previous knowledge of the area. here are a few photos of the house we rented;

and this was the view from our balcony, where you can just see the sea

After unpacking, we decided to head out for some supplies and for some dinner. We headed to Super Target where we grabbed the essentials. I also managed to get some nice Disney stationery in here. Chilli’s was just across the road so we popped in here for dinner again we had been here on the last trip and the boys loved it so they were very happy with the choice. As usual when we go to Chilli’s I had the Chicken Fajitas, Lee went for the mini sliders, Jacob had the Chicken, Corn and Mash and Lucas went for the cheesy chicken pasta and broccoli. Bill was $60, the food was great and the table games kept the boys entertained. We headed back to the house in the dark which wasn’t as easy as getting there in the light. We fully unpacked and got some washing on before going to bed. We were all looking forward to our first full day in San Diego tomorrow.
LLKJDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 20, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

San Diego is one of my favourite cities in the world, hope you had an amazing time there 😊
Old 9 Mar 20, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
LLKJDisney
VIP Dibber

LLKJDisney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Tinkermom View Post
San Diego is one of my favourite cities in the world, hope you had an amazing time there 😊
Ours too! one of the best cities in the world, we absolutely LOVED it in San Diego
LLKJDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Such a shame about the park being busy, my 2 would have been gutted. You’re right to just cut your losses though as it will never end well to keep traipsing round not going on the rides.
Your apartment looks ideal, nice to have a base to properly unpack

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List