Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 29 Mar 20, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
kirmat
Apprentice Imagineer

Any Eurostar workers on here pls.

Morning all.
We are due to take the Eurostar tomorrow to DLP. They are only offering an e-voucher despite the trains being cancelled. I doubt I will be able to book to go again anytime soon as unsure when I can take leave again. I am a nurse and as of April 8th all of our leave is cancelled until further notice. I was under the impression that if a service was cancelled they had to refund you. Anyone work for Eurostar and can advice me please?
Thank you very much.
kirmat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsFizz
Excited about Disney

Mobile

If you phone up and ask for a refund they will issue one. I am meant to be there this weekend and I called on Friday and they agreed to issue a refund. Not received it yet but they did say it could take up to ten days. Clearly they are trying to keep as much money as possible by offering vouchers but we are not sure if we will go again as we were going for my daughters cheerleading competition.
MrsFizz is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
kirmat
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsFizz View Post
If you phone up and ask for a refund they will issue one. I am meant to be there this weekend and I called on Friday and they agreed to issue a refund. Not received it yet but they did say it could take up to ten days. Clearly they are trying to keep as much money as possible by offering vouchers but we are not sure if we will go again as we were going for my daughters cheerleading competition.
Thank you. That is very helpful. Appreciate it. Have a good day.
kirmat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
kirmat
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsFizz View Post
Thanks again. Got straight through and was sorted immediately. Stay well. 😊
Old 29 Mar 20, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Does the train have to be already cancelled for this? I've emailed, but not expected to hear back yet, and messaged on Twitter. The eventual comeback is use insurance, but that could be the fact that my dates aren't super near yet, and the trains could 'possibly' be running. X
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
ghints
Trainee Dibber

Spoke to Eurostar this morning and they reluctantly confirmed the position (which does not appear on their website anywhere). You CAN arrange a refund but only if you phone them TWO DAYS before travel date, and then only if your train is not running.

As I said to them, it seems a bit ridiculous as (a) FCO guidance is not to travel which isn't going to change soon (we go next week); (b) France wouldn't let us in, anyway; and (c) they already know the trains won't be running to Disney, as it will be shut !

Still, I suspect Eurostar doing everything they can to preserve their cash flows and convince customers to fall for the voucher programme.

Sorry, Eurostar, your customers are going to remember how difficult you were being over this. I will self-drive next time...

WDW - 1980's x4, Indian Ridge 91, 99, Sarasota/Sanibel 95
Chatham Park 01, Tuscan Ridge 07, 09, 10, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 22, 23

DLP - New York 97, 11, Newport Bay 06, 08(x2), Sequoia Lodge 09, 17, 18, 19, 22

California - 03
ghints is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
kenville
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by ghints View Post
Sorry, Eurostar, your customers are going to remember how difficult you were being over this. I will self-drive next time...
Exactly.
kenville is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Mobile

Our request prompted an email which said

"All refund are made through e vouchers only, however, if you are in possession of a cancellation insurance we could send you a passenger cancellation letter to support your refund claim."

So how are people getting g refunds please?
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
kenville
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Looks like they are passing the buck. I find some of Eurostar”s practices questionable, e.g. putting a price up at payment stage and then it drops down afterwards and they claim that is just “variable pricing”.
kenville is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
ghints
Trainee Dibber

See my earlier post in this thread - You need to call them, I'm afraid, and no earlier than 2 days before travel date, as that is the only time they will confirm that a train has been cancelled.

I called them on Monday at about 10am and didn't wait for more than 2-3 minutes.

WDW - 1980's x4, Indian Ridge 91, 99, Sarasota/Sanibel 95
Chatham Park 01, Tuscan Ridge 07, 09, 10, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 22, 23

DLP - New York 97, 11, Newport Bay 06, 08(x2), Sequoia Lodge 09, 17, 18, 19, 22

California - 03
ghints is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List