Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 31 Mar 20, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
Cool, just checking!
I’m not sure where you’re booking but the Swan and Dolphin are often on Priceline and Hotwire’s secret hotels cheap.
Good tip!

We actually found it cheaper elsewhere but you’re right those are good sites to check.

For reference (and this was a five night stay including NYE in 2017):

Port Orleans was £220 ish/night
Yacht/Beach £450/ night
Swan was £180 plus we got some cash back which netted off the resort fee more or less
Dolphin was £200 ish

We chose to save money over PORS as we wanted the ability to walk back, and no way no how was I paying well over £2k for YC.
Old 31 Mar 20, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Mobile

Its a couple of minutes walk to extra to Epcot than YC. Very close all things considered.

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2023

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

If the swan is cheaper than port Orleans then I would definitely stay there. It’s a great location. Easy walk to Epcot and not bad to Hollywood. Access to the Boardwalk restaurants and bars as well as some nice restaurants onsite.

We’ve never stayed there but I’ve been inside a few times and it’s got a nice feel to it.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Cool, just checking!
I’m not sure where you’re booking but the Swan and Dolphin are often on Priceline and Hotwire’s secret hotels cheap.
Thanks
I haven't had much luck with Hotwire and Priceline in the past I'm checking prices on Disney's website, attraction tickets etc. I'm not really at the booking stage, and won't be until it's clear what level of insurance coverage is available to us once our annual insurance is up for renewal. I'm keen to book, if possible, with either free cancellation or a small deposit only (slightly traumatised by chasing our money back this year).

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Good tip!

We actually found it cheaper elsewhere but you’re right those are good sites to check.

For reference (and this was a five night stay including NYE in 2017):

Port Orleans was £220 ish/night
Yacht/Beach £450/ night
Swan was £180 plus we got some cash back which netted off the resort fee more or less
Dolphin was £200 ish

We chose to save money over PORS as we wanted the ability to walk back, and no way no how was I paying well over £2k for YC.
Unfortunately Beach/Yacht Club is completely out of the question for us; our budget is distinctly moderate That's a fantastic price you paid for the Swan in 2017, though I shouldn't expect to get such a great price for Easter 2021?!

Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
Its a couple of minutes walk to extra to Epcot than YC. Very close all things considered.
Thanks. I've managed to get a walking route and it doesn't seem to bad at all. It's a nice perk being able to walk to 2 parks.

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
If the swan is cheaper than port Orleans then I would definitely stay there. It’s a great location. Easy walk to Epcot and not bad to Hollywood. Access to the Boardwalk restaurants and bars as well as some nice restaurants onsite.

We’ve never stayed there but I’ve been inside a few times and it’s got a nice feel to it.
Thanks. It does seem like a fantastic location for the price. There are a few downsides but if free dining is not available for our trip, than it may be a good alternative for us.
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Mobile

Hotwire/Priceline are good, but obviously not flexible.
I think I will only be booking them last minute for my next few trips! I was eyeing up the Grand Floridian for the last 4 nights of my Aug/Sep trip. It was just under $400 a night on Hotwire’s hot rate secret deals. Disney seems to have pulled all of them for the moment though.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Hotwire/Priceline are good, but obviously not flexible.
I think I will only be booking them last minute for my next few trips! I was eyeing up the Grand Floridian for the last 4 nights of my Aug/Sep trip. It was just under $400 a night on Hotwire’s hot rate secret deals. Disney seems to have pulled all of them for the moment though.
Now that would be nice, if only for a short stay
Are you using any particular website to try and guess which hotel is under secret deal? I haven't tried Hotwire for many years, having had would I would (generously) call 'mediocre success' with it
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post

I agree. Either is a far higher standard of room than Port Orleans. The location is fantastic with an enormous number of restaurants within walking distance.
Old 1 Apr 20, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
I agree. Either is a far higher standard of room than Port Orleans. The location is fantastic with an enormous number of restaurants within walking distance.
Thanks. It certainly seems like a higher standard, and the location is (almost) as good as a Disney deluxe.
Old 2 Apr 20, 06:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lily8 View Post
Now that would be nice, if only for a short stay
Are you using any particular website to try and guess which hotel is under secret deal? I haven't tried Hotwire for many years, having had would I would (generously) call 'mediocre success' with it
It’s very easy! Do your normal Orlando search and your dates. Click on the Walt Disney world bonnet creek area. Then sort by distance. Most will sit above or below the actual hotel but marry up the info it gives you (rating, number of reviews). Filter by star rating to make it even easier.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 20, 07:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Hels80
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We stayed there a few years ago for 2 nights. Our room had a view of Tower of Terror.
Lovely hotel. Wish we’d had more time to explore the hotel but we did have breakfast there one day. The restaurant they do breakfast in is gorgeous.
Best Western I drive 1997, Regal Palms 2009, Wedding at Beuna Vista Palace 04/08/09, Coco Key 2010, Art of Animation, RPR Universal, Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014, RPR & Disney's Swan 2017, Rosen Inn @ Pointe, Hard Rock Hotel, Port Orleans French 2018.

DLP: :
Best Western MLV 2007, Hotel Cheyenne 2008, Sequoia Lodge 2010, Dream Castle 2011, Kyriad MLV Torcy 2012, Hotel El'ysee 2012, Hotel Cheyenne 2013, Sequoia Lodge 2015.
Hels80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List