Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 6 Aug 20, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by 2point View Post
In that situation as long as you make it clear that the reservation cannot be refunded due to the points expiry you should still get interest.

I sat on a Thanksgiving booking for a while knowing I could rent it but to reduce the risk to me I cancelled it and concentrated on near time bookings.
Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
I booked one night at BWV over Thanksgiving and rented it as a confirmed reservation, I'd said in the post that if cancelled the points would be lost so no refund, hence bargain price.

It went within minutes to a local @ $10 pp.
Thanks for your help? I'll wait and see if she gets back to me? She's Atlanta based so I guess not local local! 👍
Old 6 Aug 20, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by catlady View Post
Thanks for your help? I'll wait and see if she gets back to me? She's Atlanta based so I guess not local local! 👍
My brother drives down from South Georgia, takes him around 12 hours so I guess they can still go if there are flight issues.

Fingers crosssed.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

All of my 150 points went within an hour to three separate renters (Texas/Virginia/Tennessee) and all for August bookings.

At $10 a point I could of rented them three times over, and two out of the three people have come back to me since asking to add further nights, but I have no more points available.

I probably let them go cheaper than I needed, but having had no interest from David’s, and not wanting the stress of it hanging over me for ages, I was actually pleased with the £1160 I got in my bank and as the points would of been lost by end of November, I’m actually pleased they are all August reservations and will be done and dusted in the next few weeks, but as previous poster said - at least if something happens & someone wants to cancel, I’ve still got a chance to offload them again prior to December. Hopefully I won’t have to though.
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
All of my 150 points went within an hour to three separate renters (Texas/Virginia/Tennessee) and all for August bookings.

At $10 a point I could of rented them three times over, and two out of the three people have come back to me since asking to add further nights, but I have no more points available.

I probably let them go cheaper than I needed, but having had no interest from David’s, and not wanting the stress of it hanging over me for ages, I was actually pleased with the £1160 I got in my bank and as the points would of been lost by end of November, I’m actually pleased they are all August reservations and will be done and dusted in the next few weeks, but as previous poster said - at least if something happens & someone wants to cancel, I’ve still got a chance to offload them again prior to December. Hopefully I won’t have to though.
I’ve got a two night BLT reservation for the end of November up on Facebook. I’m hoping it is picked up in September. They are banked points until October 2021.
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 05:35 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
I’ve got a two night BLT reservation for the end of November up on Facebook. I’m hoping it is picked up in September. They are banked points until October 2021.
I had a 2 bed savannah view reservation advertised for Halloween, but I think my mistake was not booking studios - it seems many people on the Facebook group are looking for cheap studio rooms for last minute bookings, so I ended up cancelling my one reservation and making three smaller ones - as Karen said earlier, I actually felt happier that way as I was splitting the risk as it were.

Good luck with renting it out - I would certainly use that Facebook group again!
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
I had a 2 bed savannah view reservation advertised for Halloween, but I think my mistake was not booking studios - it seems many people on the Facebook group are looking for cheap studio rooms for last minute bookings, so I ended up cancelling my one reservation and making three smaller ones - as Karen said earlier, I actually felt happier that way as I was splitting the risk as it were.

Good luck with renting it out - I would certainly use that Facebook group again!
Thank you. My reservation is for a studio but I’ll look into splitting it.
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

Can I ask for those if you that have some to US buyers if you have used a contract?

Thank you
Old 7 Aug 20, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

All our buyers this week (7 of them) haven't had a contract, I just said I'd refund if the parks closed before they got there or if there was a hurricane.

They were all happy with that, all but 1 had rented points from others before.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Just wanted to add my thanks for this thread and the link to the Facebook page, as I've now rented my Thanksgiving reservation out! 👍 family can drive so no plane to worry about! So bit less risk 😬.

I didn't use a contract at all, but have said I will refund in full if the parks/hotels close again and they seem happy with that.

Good luck to all who need to get rid of their expiring points! 😔 and thanks once again! 😁
Old 9 Aug 20, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I suppose if you were to lose points, $10 a point is great as it more than covers dues, even if you have to take all the risk on cancellation.

It does however stick in the throat on that page, all the ones trying to get ‘distressed points’ etc. Suppose they are taking advantage of the situation and in a way I think good on them, but bet half of them would not rent if they were having to pay normal price, and many of them will be a nightmare to deal with if you haven’t agreed a refund should the park shut down.