Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 9 Aug 20, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
:) Going Out in a Blaze of Glory - Summer of Sorcery 2019 -DAY 22 Epcot, Forky and Football .

Welcome back once more. I 'm glad you made it - I hoped you would

Day 21 is just here if you missed it

The whole index to all of this trip is here if you want to read about all of our shenanigans is here

Well we continued the farewell theme today in more ways than one. Hope you enjoy - there is also a trip report within a trip report too Grab a cuppa, settle in and enjoy the fun packed day with us

Welcome to Day 22

Wednesday 14th August

With an alarm set for a 9 am start, we had things to do today.

Packing was top of that list and even given the opportunity to go to a water park was turned down! ( which is a rare occurence!)

We had a determination that we were going to pack as much in as possible.

We packed, had a swim and breakfast which was a delicious croissant and poached egg as served at Be our Guest.

Once again the underwater camera brought about a few pictures from the boys as did the knowledge that we were ahead of our usual schedule – packing usually involves a very last minute dash around the villa – today we were onto it and ensured we cleaned the place too.

Our next stop was to be Boardwalk, for a saunter around and to soak up some last-minute memories of the place, whilst looking yearningly back at The Yacht and Beach Club. It also allowed for a dip into Epcot for one final time.

I know I get nostalgic and looking back now it was our very last sight of Epcot as we had grown to enjoy it.
The big plans announced in September 2019 at D23 were in our mind as the rumours had already begun about potential changes, little did we know how much was going to change so quickly and so much!

A quick Character moment with the ever friendly Baymax

and given how few characters the boys have wanted to meet on this trip , this proved to ignite a moment of magic in them, from there we dropped into the Character spot for what became a bit of a selfie fest.

We also stumbled across Wreck it Ralph and Vanellope , who were hiding in the Imagination Pavilion

– now there was an agreement that the only reason we were here was to see the place one last time – that short time seems so well spent now and it was just a little example of just going to soak up the atmosphere, the smells and the sheer beauty of the place we have loved.

We ventured into Mousegear and something totally magical happened!

Remember those few dollars that Joe had burning a hole in his pocket when we arrived, searching in vain for a Forky plush that had been subject to a product recall just prior to our arrival.

HE had never been forgotten about and that one final step into Mousegear saw what in Joe’s eyes was a miracle!

Forky was back, dodgy eye sorted and back on sale just in time for him to spend that holiday money for about the 40th time!

How could any parent resist – what follows is just one of those moments that I doubt any of us will ever forget, It needs better words than mine to describe what happened next , Joe decided he would be able to include what happened in a Trip report day all of its own

Welcome to Forky Round the World (showcase)- An autobiographical account by Forky! ...and Joe

Click here for the full version with many many photos not included on this trip report day

There was something so special about all of this.
The rain simply made us more determined to visit each and every single country around World Showcase.
It just had to be done, as we finished we all recognised just what we had experienced – it was the final Disney experience, the one which made me feel as if I was 13 years old again, a determination for it not to end - yet that moment by the Fountain of Nations simply struck a moment in all of us, this had to be done and yes it was a delaying tactic to the inevitable, but was more importantly a way of turning an emotional ending into a Disney one.

The tears were of laughter, rain and exuberance. Tinged with a sadness that seeps in much later.

This was our goodbye to Epcot; it was better than the words of Dame Judy in Spaceship Earth or Patrick boarding us for Soarin’.

This was just pure unadulterated joy with the people I love most, we were completely shut off from anyone around us, we soaked in the moment and the whole place.

To listen to Voices of Liberty one more time and to just look at the photos we took still sends a shiver down my spine.

I can’t put into words just how it all felt, it was as if we were meant to have this as a finale.

Even now all I can recall is the music in each Country, the giggles we shared and the fun trying to get a different photo in each Country around World Showcase.

A place we first pushed Joe around in a pushchair

to his very own Disney goodbye, he similarly did not want for this to end and I hope one day when he reads all of this back, he has the same tear inducing impact I have had putting this all together.

It brings me back to the words on Mapman’s map on our very first trip – attributed to Dr. Seuss

Don’t cry because it’s over ; Smile because it happened

There were no tears this afternoon, we left on a high that you simply can’t buy.

As we exited, we remined ourselves as to where this trip began and as we took shelter from another shower tried to get a final group selfie and a look across at a place that will also live forever with us.

NEVER, had we ever thought this holiday was possible and when we first started on our American adventures, we would never thought we would ever have spent 10 nights staying on site.

As we walked back to the car,
talk was scarce,
it was raining,
we walked rapidly.

To paraphrase Jiminy Cricket in Wishes – “And that my friends was where the magic lived!”

It was not the end, just the start of the next bit – never too long to get maudlin and tearful in our car!

Thankfully, we were very well planned today, we had packed a change of clothes and towels too – we knew we would get wet, but possibly not as early in the day as this!

Only one thing for it – music turned all the way up and the theme tune to our summer playing full blast

Our Summer of Sorcery –

The playlist was great, it was needed to raise the spirits-
From there we had American Skin by Springsteen, Psalm by The Alarm and as we pulled into our next stop Two Rivers met once more!

We had a plan for tonight but the first was for food, we were meeting The Reetsers again only this time they were joining us at Millers close to Universal – there was a reason behind that!

We had been here before and it was comparable with the other Millers places we had enjoyed on the 192 and at Championsgate.

It was also just a short distance from the Parramore district of Orlando and that means Soccer!

The food was good as usual, we chose to eat here as it meant we could avoid the I4 to go those final few miles, we then hit so many other people doing the same thing and they were not even heading to the Orlando City game !

We found a front garden to park on for $10, which was cheaper than the official car park and from experience it can be easier to get a sharper exit from here than parking at the the Amway center.

We were also unsure of parking restrictions for on street parking as this was a night game – we noted that those restrictions lifted at 6.30 pm and you could park for free on roads on the outskirts of the ground.

It was not busy tonight, after the season endured by all Orlando fans it was telling that we managed to get our tickets at a much reduced rate of $23 each and despite the ‘official' attendance stating there was 23, 000 here we decided it was close to half of that.

We did not let that detract from our footballing fun though!

I ensured I wore my Scarborough shirt from 1996/1997 season which I am more proud of the fact it still fits me!

As always, it brought the reaction from so many British people who were also at the game, even in the club shop as Josh cashed in his holiday spends on a lovely Orlando City hoodie we were stopped by a couple of Burnley fans who had been to the old McCain Stadium as an away day to Scarborough in their old dark days of League 3 football.

To them and the Liverpool, Newcastle, Rangers and Leicester fans who stopped for a chat – was great to see so many British people on holiday and getting to see Orlando City and MLS football.

This was our third time and to be honest the football was probably as poor as we had seen it, results in the league showed that this was a team playing without the drive and passion that Orlando fans demand.

Those fans too stop for a chat when they see a football shirt that is not a famous team – and they relate so well as they see their own place in MLS as being the underdog team fighting the huge teams from the big cities of American and the City that own one of the New York teams too!

Yes, it was a social – it was a welcomed 1-0 win for Orlando, which is totally forgotten about in the midst of time.

The half time entertainment was provided by The Blue Man Group which mean for some hasty half time laying of some lights along each touchline.

TBH it probably looked better in the office and on the ideas list as it took an age and then Blue Man Group were only on a video!

The lights worked and as the players returned for the second half, so they kerfuffle with the strips laid on the touch lines!

The Blue Man group appeared in person though and were on the big screen singing, bouncing and drinking beer in the standing end of the ground.

That was probably the best moment of the second half as two teams tired in the intense Florida heat having also played at the weekend.

We got a few pics before we departed

and then shared our farewells to friends who have shared this trip with us, as much as it was sad to say goodbye I know that Josh and Katie have a near year long streak on social media going.

We also met in Manchester before Christmas and before all this other madness and we know we will meet again – the two rivers will meet again !

Has been amazing to have shared so many special Disney days with them over the years and I am sure we will continue to do so.

Our handy parking spot saw for a hasty exit and a quick journey down the I4 saw us back at 10.25

It also involved a photo of the Championsgate arch too –

this has been an area we have simply loved staying in for a number of visits – quality Villas and more updated interiors than closer to the 192. The choice of restaurants here is handy as is the Publix, Wawa, McDonalds and the newly opened Taco Bell.

We didn’t need food tonight – simply a beer, some wine and a final night enjoying a rather fab Villa.

We kept the noise down as we enjoyed the pool, a hot tub that was splendidly hot and the shared feeling that our time in Orlando was now ticking away.

To have had this as our final Disney day still brings a lump to my throat and tears to my eyes – it could not have been any better.

It was a late one, it had to be, but it was a truly fitting end to our most magical place on earth.

We need to be up early in the morning and thankfully we were all packed and ready for it!

After more than 3 weeks away, we needed to see the sea!
- Next Stop Clearwater.

Seen you real soon for day 23

You can read all of that by clicking here

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.

Edited at 12:48 AM.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Another great day. Thx again for posting. Your joy & enthusiasm shines through & brings back happy memories of when my girls were little. Btw, don’t believe it’s all coming to an end. My girls are in their mid 30s & still holiday with us, some years. We’re all going to the Cotswolds next month & after having 2 Florida hols cancelled this year, my eldest & I have just rebooked for May 21. 😀
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another great day finished with a football match

Glad the Scarborough shirt got some attention

Joan
Old 10 Aug 20, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Ilovesnowwhite
Imagineer

What a day! and a Good bye Never Love the selfies with Mickey never to old for Mickey
see you real soon
xx
off to read Forky trip report
xx
Old 10 Aug 20, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
What an epic day, amazing character pics, finding Forky, football and Millers! A magical end to your Disney adventure. I hope you are all taking care and keeping well.
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

What a lovely day. I especially like the character pics. We are going next year (all being well with the world) and my eldest will reach his teenage year mid trip. Your photos gave me hope that he will still want to meet, and hug, the characters.
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Mobile

Very busy but lovely day
Looking forward to your time in Clearwater
Old 13 Aug 20, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Wow what a day (from a different perspective to Forky’s view).
Great Disney memories for you all and soccer too.
Thanks as always
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thanks for posting Walt, whatever the future holds the memories can never be taken away.

Another great day!
Old 17 Aug 20, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by disneywiseowl View Post
Another great day. Thx again for posting. Your joy & enthusiasm shines through & brings back happy memories of when my girls were little. Btw, don’t believe it’s all coming to an end. My girls are in their mid 30s & still holiday with us, some years. We’re all going to the Cotswolds next month & after having 2 Florida hols cancelled this year, my eldest & I have just rebooked for May 21. 😀

Great to know they still want to holiday with you😎

Thank you for your kind words - delighted that it brings back those happy memories 😎😎

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List