Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 12 Aug 20, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
jorm35
slightly serious Dibber

Places to eat in Edinburgh with teens?

We are heading to Edinburgh next week for a few days and hope to make the most of the 50% eat out scheme whilst there. We have 2 teens so are looking for recommended places to eat - they would be quite happy with a McDonalds for every meal but us not so much! We are aware that it is unlikely we will get a walk in so want to get organised and book tables.
We usually enjoy the Filling
Station on the Royal Mile but it is currently closed. We will probably visit the Hard Rock and The Mariachi Mexican up near the castle - hit me with more recommendations please x
Old 12 Aug 20, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
baggers
Excited about Disney

If you like pie and mash take a look at Makers Mark. It was an amazing meal and we all enjoyed it. We also ate at Brewhemia and had a good meal and enjoyed live music too.
baggers is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
emmabanana
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We were there a couple of years back and went to Bubba Q on the royal mile, we both enjoyed that.
emmabanana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

We went to Pakora Bar last year and loved the food there.
pakorabar/

Brewhemia is very good too but at the moment no bars have live music its still bannd up here. Really nice surroundings though.
brewhemia/

I can also recommedn Bubba Q's as the food there was great. We got an itison deal for there and it was really really tasty
bubbaq/

Finally one of my absolute favoutues its Topolabamba. I have been to both the Glasgow and Edinburgh restaurants and the food is just oustaning. Their Queso Fundido is the closest I have had to the stuff you get in the States. Its my go to for lunch if I cant decide somewhere else.
topolabamba/menu/

there is also 5pm.co.uk that will give you some special offers at restaurants that you can browse and book. Some great deals on there..
5pm/
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

Bread Meets Bread for burgers. I think if you phone, you can maybe book.

breadmeatsbread/

I also like Topolabamba but my fave tacos place is El Cartel, you can book their Teviot location. Or Bodega is another tacos place that I’ve also liked.

Dishoom is a small chain but lovely for Indian food.

There are loads of lovely places but that’s a few to be going on with!
Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Coro the Chocolate Cafe in Frederick Street (off Princes St) -definitely not SW friendly but yum!
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

If they like Italian Valvona &Chrolla but the one on Elm Row a son featured on the Hairy Bikers
Our oldest is going there next week and his birthday present at his request a voucher for the attached deli
He's got that and a wad of cash to pay for our on line order he's to pick up
( and he's to go to the polish Deli and Chinese Supermarket down the street )
Well we've paid for the meal dropping them off at a friends Airbnb they are using for free his god mothers and keeping the kids from Friday Morning till Monday night he's had the cheek to,say baby sitting rates have gone up with Covid ) cause the have to walk out to another friend house on Monday tomget pivked up did say we'll get the train to Cleland an I'll get you there naff said )
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
HevaDuck
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Have a look at Cold Town House right at the bottom of Grassmarket their pizza is amazing then you can all walk up the steps to the Castle right next to it to walk it off 😁
HevaDuck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

Oh Civerinos is becoming a bit of a pizza chain to be reckoned with in Edinburgh.

Bross Bagels also have good lunch offerings and shops in various places but I think it’s mostly takeaway rather than sit in.
Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Hard Rock Cafe George Street...next to The Dome

Disney332