Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Aug 20, 01:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by AdmiralJack View Post
I think there is a bit of room for cautious optimism-it looks like the US might have hit their peak and there is a long time to December.

As for the experience, it will be different but im cautiously hopeful that some aspects will have been reintroduced (for example, Disney has scheduled fireworks for the New Year period, which makes me think they might be intending to reintroduce them in the near future). And of course, after this weeks announcements, some shows and performances might be back on, and its possible that the mask policy will be further refined and it might not be quite such a blanket policy.

Its a shame the waterparks might not be open, but how often do people use them in February anyway?

I think its 50/50
Waterparks are a big draw for me mate ..daughter obsessed with them ...currently trying to decide wether to keep the Orlando hol or change it till 2022 when you would hope everything is normal again and have a few nights at Disneyland paris instead for feb
Manc1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 20, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaDreamer1
Looking for my Ears

We're booked for 10 days in February 2021 and I'm still staying hopeful...although I have days when I wonder if I should be moving it back a year

Final balance isn't due until last week in November so will hold off any decisions until closer to that date

I needed to see all the positivity in this thread today!
FloridaDreamer1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 20, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 249
Originally Posted by FloridaDreamer1 View Post
We're booked for 10 days in February 2021 and I'm still staying hopeful...although I have days when I wonder if I should be moving it back a year

Final balance isn't due until last week in November so will hold off any decisions until closer to that date

I needed to see all the positivity in this thread today!
Same as us. We're remaining hopeful but will make a decision at the end of November.
Old 23 Aug 20, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
We've been Saturday - Saturday on each of the last two February half-terms. We don't go to the parks - it's just a nice week chilling in the sun, renting a house with pool.

We do take in a few Disney fixes whilst there, such as dinner + fireworks from the Cali Grill, mini golf, mooching and eating in Disney Springs. This year we even picked up water park annual passes and had a couple of days at Blizzard Beach - the weather was perfect and there was next to no-one there.

Anyway, this thread has had me checking flights for next February, which is ridiculously early for us - we've only booked a week or two in advance before - and there's some great BA direct fares to Tampa.

I'm tempted to book, given the flexibility BA give with direct bookings now.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 20, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
AdmiralJack
Imagineer

As i say, im holding off on payment until the last date-dont mind losing the deposit but im not paying the full bill then having to go through the tedium of claiming the money back. One positive is that Florida is now seeing a sustained drop in daily infections, so it looks like they might be over the peak.

Hopefully that might mean some movement on them opening their borders, and at home, the UK govt might take the US off the quarantine list some time before Feb (ideally, before December, when i have to pay).
AdmiralJack is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 20, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
adz_jh
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by AdmiralJack View Post
As i say, im holding off on payment until the last date-dont mind losing the deposit but im not paying the full bill then having to go through the tedium of claiming the money back. One positive is that Florida is now seeing a sustained drop in daily infections, so it looks like they might be over the peak.

Hopefully that might mean some movement on them opening their borders, and at home, the UK govt might take the US off the quarantine list some time before Feb (ideally, before December, when i have to pay).
I'm in the same boat, payment is due Dec 31st so I'm leaving it until then to make my final choice, worse case I lose out on £150 deposit
adz_jh is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 20, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

I am holding off from booking anything until the current restrictions on visiting the parks, i.e. pre-booking / no FastPass+ / only one Disney park allowed per day etc are lifted. Would also be great if the waterparks were open too!

We never spend an entire day in any park - park hopping is the way for us, so with things as they are, Orlando is off the list for now.

We are not tied to school holidays, so it should be fairly easy to arrange something at short notice as & when the restrictions in the parks start to ease.
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 20, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
adz_jh
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
I am holding off from booking anything until the current restrictions on visiting the parks, i.e. pre-booking / no FastPass+ / only one Disney park allowed per day etc are lifted. Would also be great if the waterparks were open too!

We never spend an entire day in any park - park hopping is the way for us, so with things as they are, Orlando is off the list for now.

We are not tied to school holidays, so it should be fairly easy to arrange something at short notice as & when the restrictions in the parks start to ease.
Park hopping is massive for me so definitely agree there! FP+ on the other hand I hope never comes back at all haha!
adz_jh is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 20, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
rayraygreen
Excited about Disney

I feel like I go through days of it’s definitely not happening to days when I’m like but it might! We’re keeping an eye on the situation and will pay our balance when it comes to it and hope for the best. We should have been flying two weeks on Friday! I’m really hoping the Virgin Covid cover is a good sign.
Hollywood Studios CM - 2013
Epcot UK Pavilion CM - 2017-2018
rayraygreen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 20, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Leemcd
Getting Excited

We're flying 30/01 from Manchester..but i have read terminal 2 is closing! it gets worse daily!
Leemcd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List