Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 15 May 21, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
may
Apprentice Imagineer

may's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 10
Thank you. I hadn't noticed any shocking decline on tripadvisor but I'll definitely go and have a look. You would obviously have to be particularly careful because of your daughter's asthma but the idea of a damp smelling space is off putting in general and has probably been harder to combat with hundreds of recently unused rooms in the Florida humidity. We had a similar issue once at what was then the Orlando Gateway hotel where it turned out they had had a flood on the one floor and everywhere was full of humidifiers. It was also what slightly put me off the Clarion (now Rosen) LBV. I have had perfectly good rooms there but the last one I had was ground floor near the pool and daft as it sounds I swear the sheets felt 'clammy' even when freshly changed. It's a shame because I was tempted by that one for this trip due to it being even cheaper than Blue Tree but in the end decided to pay the slight extra for the extra space and amenities. I hope I don't end up regretting it. I'm going to email them prior to arrival and request one of the refurbished apartments. It may not help but it can't hurt to try :-)
may is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 21, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by may View Post
Thank you. I hadn't noticed any shocking decline on tripadvisor but I'll definitely go and have a look. You would obviously have to be particularly careful because of your daughter's asthma but the idea of a damp smelling space is off putting in general and has probably been harder to combat with hundreds of recently unused rooms in the Florida humidity. We had a similar issue once at what was then the Orlando Gateway hotel where it turned out they had had a flood on the one floor and everywhere was full of humidifiers. It was also what slightly put me off the Clarion (now Rosen) LBV. I have had perfectly good rooms there but the last one I had was ground floor near the pool and daft as it sounds I swear the sheets felt 'clammy' even when freshly changed. It's a shame because I was tempted by that one for this trip due to it being even cheaper than Blue Tree but in the end decided to pay the slight extra for the extra space and amenities. I hope I don't end up regretting it. I'm going to email them prior to arrival and request one of the refurbished apartments. It may not help but it can't hurt to try :-)
Oh great Ive moved mine to the Rosen LBV lol just for the first week
Manc1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 21, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
may
Apprentice Imagineer

may's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 10
Originally Posted by Manc1979 View Post
Oh great Ive moved mine to the Rosen LBV lol just for the first week
I'm sure you have nothing to worry about. I have previously had perfectly ok rooms at Rosen LBV . Also I should point out that I requested a refurbished room at Bluetree only to be told that covid disrupted the plans so comprehensively that they are still not getting on with the refurb yet :-( If I wasn't concerned about disturbing my daughter's best friend with my alleged snoring we might be moving over to the Rosen as well !
may is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 22, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
LouH
slightly serious Dibber

Im here now. Last day today actually.

Hubby has a room with 3 kids, I have one with 2 kids.

All holiday Ive felt the room was moist and Ive felt poorly especially this past week - not covid.

Anyway today on packing Ive found mould all over my suitcases which were in my wardrobe / closest. Ive now found it all over my bed headboard, bedside drawers (I wasnt using them), inside closest doors, windows, ceiling corners. Everything is damp and I definitely havent lost the plot!

My husbands room is fine.

It wont stop me rebooking as locatio great and space is great but wish Id listened to my instinct and spoke to reception at the beginning. I will speak to them when I check out to get it looked into for the next guests.

Side note - my fire alarm was chirping at 2am one morning, rang reception and they were sending someone - that didnt happen but I managed to hush the alarm, called next day (as was out early) and they replaced the whole
Unit almost immediately.

Other than the damp issue which I am sure is isolated and down to lack of use I cant fault it.

We have actually got it booked for next year but are going to cancel and rebook as found it cheaper elsewhere
LouH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 22, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LouH View Post
Im here now. Last day today actually.

Hubby has a room with 3 kids, I have one with 2 kids.

All holiday Ive felt the room was moist and Ive felt poorly especially this past week - not covid.

Anyway today on packing Ive found mould all over my suitcases which were in my wardrobe / closest. Ive now found it all over my bed headboard, bedside drawers (I wasnt using them), inside closest doors, windows, ceiling corners. Everything is damp and I definitely havent lost the plot!

My husbands room is fine.

It wont stop me rebooking as locatio great and space is great but wish Id listened to my instinct and spoke to reception at the beginning. I will speak to them when I check out to get it looked into for the next guests.

Side note - my fire alarm was chirping at 2am one morning, rang reception and they were sending someone - that didnt happen but I managed to hush the alarm, called next day (as was out early) and they replaced the whole
Unit almost immediately.

Other than the damp issue which I am sure is isolated and down to lack of use I cant fault it.

We have actually got it booked for next year but are going to cancel and rebook as found it cheaper elsewhere

We are going in April but Ive been looking at other options as well. So far Im sticking with Blue Tree because of the location and price. Did your room have a washer/dryer in?
Katnic1 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
LouH
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Katnic1 View Post
We are going in April but Ive been looking at other options as well. So far Im sticking with Blue Tree because of the location and price. Did your room have a washer/dryer in?
Sorry only just saw the reply.

Yes we had two x two bedroom suites and both had washer and dryer.
Old but worked 😂
LouH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
beck_loz
Imagineer

beck_loz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. With reading a few feedbacks saying about damp we decided to book somewhere else. My daughter has asthma so didnt want to risk it
beck_loz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 22, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

Im keeping an eye on trip advisor reviews and most recently they have been good!
Katnic1 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List