Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 8 May 21, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Barnpops
Getting Excited

Peanut allergy-helpful restaurants

Its been six years since our last trip with our peanut allergic daughter.

Apart from a couple of character meals we didn't really eat at any parks my daughter didn't feel comfortable.

However on our next trip she wants to try out some restaurants but
Wants to feel comfortable and confident the food is safe.

I know we can contact disney dietary requirements but just wondered if anyone in the same situation could share their personal experiences and recommendations. Also information on any treats ice cream etc that are peanut allergy safe? I read Dole Whip might be safe?

Hoping we can find a few good choices based on other peoples actual
Experiences in the restaurants,
Old 8 May 21, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Wobbles
VIP Dibber

Wobbles's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
There's a thread at the top of this board called Special Diets which i find invaluable for allergies

Avoid Logans and Texas Roadhouse as peanuts on table and peanut butter is in desserts in most places

Trip Reports
Howling @ the Horror 2015 (Complete)
Who knew Toronto was on the Med (Complete)
Getting Our Kicks - Pre Trippie
Wobbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Can't comment specifically on peanut allergy but Disney are superb with allergies. Note it on your booking. Every restaurant you go to, either you will get a list of what you can/can't have or the chef will personally come out and talk with you.

To show you how seriously they take this...

My husband is allergic to bananas and plantain. We put this on our reservation, and every meal we had, the chef came out and told us what he couldn't have. (Even in Tusker House where this was basically "Well, there's a dish here labelled 'Fried Plantain' and another labelled 'Banana Bread Pudding' and, er, there are some bananas!")

When we ate at Yachtsman Steakhouse we were very excited to try the onion rolls (which by the way are divine!) But they wouldn't let my husband have them, because the bread maker they are made in also gets used to make banana bread. Even though they clean it out thoroughly between making the two items.

In actual fact he would have been fine (and don't tell Disney but I snuck him a bite of mine). But they were not willing to take the risk.

Similarly, he couldn't have the onion straws on the Grand Sandwich at Grand Floridian Cafe, because they had been made in the same deep fryer that was used for banana fritters or something similar.

They really do go over and above to keep people safe.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 03:39 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

As Hill said you will have absolutely no issues with any Disney run food location. They really do take food allergies seriously. Their cruise ships are the same.
Old 9 May 21, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

Another one agreeing with Gill. Register the allergy on your ADR and then mention again at the restaurant and you won't have any issues i'm sure.
My DW has an intolerance (as opposed to an allergy) to peppers and Disney were superb with this - if anything wasn't clear on the menu. Specifically the Chef at Sanaa who came to our table and literally made up a new menu for her based on what she liked... He spent around 10 minutes chatting to her and then told her what he was going to coook for her... Couldn't believe it.
I'm sure your daughter will be made to feel very comfortable at whichever restaurants you chose at Disney.
Old 9 May 21, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

My wife has a nut allergy. We always make sure we get confirmation about nuts and nut contamination. All the restaurants we visited, onsite and offsite have been excellent.

If at any time we didn't feel comfortable with the knowledge and understanding of a server we'd leave and eat somewhere else - we haven't needed to do that on any of our visits.

Don't assume though - always ask - some of the prep areas are shared for nuts and non nuts.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Barnpops
Getting Excited

Thanks for replies.

I will note on ADRs about allergy. Was just hoping to establish which restaurants were most
Peanut allergy friendly and then book ADRs. I guess all of the restaurants will be helpful.
Old 10 May 21, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Helenr
Imagineer

Helenr's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Barnpops View Post
Thanks for replies.

I will note on ADRs about allergy. Was just hoping to establish which restaurants were most
Peanut allergy friendly and then book ADRs. I guess all of the restaurants will be helpful.
I have a peanut allergy and have always found Disney to be brilliant, they will work round the allergy.

Off site restaurants, I would always check their menus or ask before ordering, as some use peanut oil for frying.

'99, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08 x2, '09 x2,
'10 x2, '11, '12 x2, '13, '14, '15 x2, ‘16, ‘17, ‘18, ‘19 x2
Helenr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 21, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
MamatoFelix
VIP Dibber

My partner is allergic to most nuts including peanuts, he’s also vegan and I have a lactose intolerance so I need to be careful around dairy.

The restaurants at Disney are really accommodating for allergies and dietary requirements. We’ve never had any issues just telling the restaurant staff on arrival but you can note it on booking.

I’m pretty sure Dole Whip is nut free, my other half had no issues with it but obviously check beforehand.
California, Arizona and Nevada - 19
MamatoFelix is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 21, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We are travelling next year with friends whos daughter has a tree nut & peanut allergy. I've been looking at MDE at different onsite restaurants, many of the menus list separate menus for different allergies. Egg/Shellfish/Nut/Milk/Diary/Gluten free... maybe think of a few places to eat and check out the menu on there. That's what we will be doing.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List