Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 11 Jul 21, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
sophie1405
Imagineer

So if i got off the monorail at epcot i could still walk to boardwalk without going through the park?

so lets say i go to AOA & then get skyline to hollywood studios go see those resorts by there walk to epcot and get the monorail back to the transportation centre to get monorail around magic kingdom area that is possible?

Can't stay away <3

Edited at 09:08 AM.
sophie1405 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 21, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

No, the monorail only goes to the main entrance and you can't walk to the Boardwalk area (or any other resort) from there without going through the park. You'd have to continue on the Skyliner from those resorts and end up in the Boardwalk area. Then take a bus to MK from any one of those resorts.

This is what I would do, assuming a (very) full day and wanting to focus on the best Christmas decorations plus some time in Disney Springs...

Arrive at ASMu first thing in the morning, take a bus to Animal Kingdom. You can stop here to see their Christmas tree as it's actually in the entrance area before you go through the tapstiles so no ticket required. Otherwise it's just a bus transfer.

Take the bus to Animal Kingdom Lodge, Jambo house.

Take the bus to Disney Springs.

Personally I'd go straight to Boardwalk from here since the Skyliner resorts don't really have many Christmas decorations, but since you want to see AoA...

Bus to AoA.

Skyliner to Caribbean Beach. You can walk around the resort if you want, otherwise transfer straight to the Epcot line. If you end up walking around the resort, you can also walk to Riviera and board the Skyliner to Epcot there.

Walk around the Boardwalk area. My focus would be the Yacht & Beach Club, but all the resorts around here are fairly nice if you have time.

Bus to Magic Kingdom, walk to Contemporary.

Boat from Contemporary to Wilderness Lodge.

Boat back to MK.

If you want to see Epcot via monorail, this is where you'd do it. From MK, take the express monorail to TTC, then transfer onto the Epcot monorail line. Do a full loop back to the TTC. Then from TTC, walk to Poly. If you decide to skip the Epcot loop, take the resort monorail directly from MK to Poly.

Walk to Grand Floridian.

Finally, transfer (walk, boat or monorail) over to MK for the Christmas event.

I'm exhausted.

ETA: There's a good chance you may have to cut some of that as you'll spend most of the day travelling rather than enjoying the resorts. But I'm including everything as a best case scenario. Personally I'd turn it into a two day event and do some of it on your checkout day instead.

Edited at 10:27 AM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 21, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by sophie1405 View Post
Is the Epcot tram enterance not in the park like the skyliner. Is as I won’t have a ticket for Epcot? I’m making a list of resorts to go to to see decorations it’s £123 for the night, I don’t mind paying it as it’s an experience, I was gonna do a night in universal for express pass but this is cheaper and I get a GAC pass in universal anyways due to my disability.
So many helpful replies to this suggestion and I am glad you like the idea. Just remember that you need to take the monorail route from TTC to Epcot to ride the section that goes over/through future world, if you get it to to from Epcot to TTC it will not go on this section of track. There are so many lovely resort decorations to do that honestly you could do some the second day too unless you need to rush off somewhere. If possible try to make it to AKL Jambo house at Christmas is amazing, and everyone needs more zebra domes in their life!
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 21, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Two day version...

Day 1:
Arrive at ASMu first thing, explore the resort
Bus to Disney Springs (most things in DS don't open until 10am, so you have time)
Bus to Boardwalk
Bus to MK
MK area as above

Day 2:
Bus to HS
Skyliner to CBR and then on to AoA
Bus to AK
Bus to AKL

From there, you could go back to DS if you have time.

ETA another two day version, this is probably the one I'd do as it gives you more resort time...

Day 1:
Check in, explore ASMu
Bus to AK, quick stop to visit the tree
Bus to AKL

If you have enough time here, you could get the bus to DS for a few hours, then get a bus to Contemporary. Otherwise bus to MK then walk to Contemporary.

Rest of MK area as above

Day 2:
Check out, walk over to ASMo if you want to see the resort theming there
Bus to DS, spend a few hours
Bus to Boardwalk/Yacht Club
Walk around Boardwalk area
If time, Skyliner to CBR/AoA

Edited at 10:33 AM.
Old 11 Jul 21, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
sophie1405
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
No, the monorail only goes to the main entrance and you can't walk to the Boardwalk area (or any other resort) from there without going through the park. You'd have to continue on the Skyliner from those resorts and end up in the Boardwalk area. Then take a bus to MK from any one of those resorts.

This is what I would do, assuming a (very) full day and wanting to focus on the best Christmas decorations plus some time in Disney Springs...

Arrive at ASMu first thing in the morning, take a bus to Animal Kingdom. You can stop here to see their Christmas tree as it's actually in the entrance area before you go through the tapstiles so no ticket required. Otherwise it's just a bus transfer.

Take the bus to Animal Kingdom Lodge, Jambo house.

Take the bus to Disney Springs.

Personally I'd go straight to Boardwalk from here since the Skyliner resorts don't really have many Christmas decorations, but since you want to see AoA...

Bus to AoA.

Skyliner to Caribbean Beach. You can walk around the resort if you want, otherwise transfer straight to the Epcot line. If you end up walking around the resort, you can also walk to Riviera and board the Skyliner to Epcot there.

Walk around the Boardwalk area. My focus would be the Yacht & Beach Club, but all the resorts around here are fairly nice if you have time.

Bus to Magic Kingdom, walk to Contemporary.

Boat from Contemporary to Wilderness Lodge.

Boat back to MK.

If you want to see Epcot via monorail, this is where you'd do it. From MK, take the express monorail to TTC, then transfer onto the Epcot monorail line. Do a full loop back to the TTC. Then from TTC, walk to Poly. If you decide to skip the Epcot loop, take the resort monorail directly from MK to Poly.

Walk to Grand Floridian.

Finally, transfer (walk, boat or monorail) over to MK for the Christmas event.

I'm exhausted.

ETA: There's a good chance you may have to cut some of that as you'll spend most of the day travelling rather than enjoying the resorts. But I'm including everything as a best case scenario. Personally I'd turn it into a two day event and do some of it on your checkout day instead.
Thank you so much I’m gonna write all this down, and figure one out but this is so much help. Xx

Can't stay away <3
sophie1405 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 21, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sophie1405
Imagineer

Yay they are doing the after hours christmas event hopefully its on a sunday all the after hours for halloween are on a sunday.

Can't stay away <3
Old 12 Jul 21, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Sunday was always popular for ticketed events, so fingers crossed for you. That's the same night I have it in my plans for next year.
Old 12 Jul 21, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
sophie1405
Imagineer

as i booked my hotel already i will get early release tickets, ill wait hours on the phone to get these tickets hahaha :-) 9pm to 1am and can get in from 7 :-) i dont mind how much they are i wanna see a disney christmas :-) if its a 1am finish i am so much better off staying on property as wouldn't of felt confortable getting in a uber at 1am on my own to get back to international drive. when on disney i will be with other people. :-)

Can't stay away <3
Old 12 Jul 21, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Yes agreed, I wasn't expecting that late of a finish when I was first thinking about it. Definitely the right move booking!