Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 27 Jul 21, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
which cruise lines would you recommend for a 17 year old?

Specifically this summers staycation cruises - which ones would be best for a 17 year old, who has no interest in a 'kids' club but is just a few months too young for adults only areas.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

What do they like to do? The Royal Caribbean ship looks amazing with so many activities - I really want to go on a ship that has dodgem cars!

I've never sailed RC, so have no personal experience.

The MSC ship has the water slides and the rope park, but the rope park is very limited hours, and from what I've read of the latest cruises with increased capacity, people were queueing to get into the water park for a long time with no guarantee of getting in.

DCL are fab if you're in to Disney or happy to chill. There is a cinema on board, and there are lots of activities like trivia etc.

Is there any reason your teenager doesn't want to try Vibe? My kids loved it, I barely saw them on any cruises we did!
Ladyshopper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
We’ve booked Disney but I really don’t think it’s the best choice for a 17 year old. I wish I’d researched the restrictions on teens first before we booked.
My daughter will be two weeks from 18 but we couldn’t go after her birthday due to vaccination requirements.

She won’t go to the teen club but would have enjoyed the gym which is normally open to teens but isn’t on this cruise.

It’s a frustrating age as really she would be fine in the adult areas and would enjoy Palo but I appreciate there has to be a cutoff and we are the wrong side of it.

She’s pretty laid back and I am sure we will have w nice time but I do think royal Caribbean or MSC appear to have more activities on offer.

Edited at 10:29 AM.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
We have done NCL, Disney and Royal with my son between ages 13 and 18 and he loved them all. He is an only child though so always goes to the teen club to make friends. If they don’t want to mix then the big RCL ships do have loads of activities to do so may be the best fit.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Royal Caribbean , Norwegian or msc
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
Royal Caribbean , Norwegian or msc
Norwegian aren't doing any of the staycation cruises. An interesting decision by them, as they're about the only well known cruise line that aren't!
Ladyshopper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 06:50 AM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

Our daughter enjoyed Celebrity- they had I suppose what you would call a young adults meet up, normally in the nightclub before the "adults" went in, and also in the solarium which my daughter enjoyed. I know in years gone by my daughter has joined snapchat groups etc before the cruise to get to know others.

We have been on RCL but when our daughter was younger and going to kids club, so cant comment on how a 17 year old would enjoy those ships.
disney_l81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thanks for your replies. He has mobility issues due to a brain tumor, so physical things like ropes are out of the question.
Does Vibe have lift access?
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
florida_noob
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
We’ve booked Disney but I really don’t think it’s the best choice for a 17 year old. I wish I’d researched the restrictions on teens first before we booked.
My daughter will be two weeks from 18 but we couldn’t go after her birthday due to vaccination requirements.

She won’t go to the teen club but would have enjoyed the gym which is normally open to teens but isn’t on this cruise.

It’s a frustrating age as really she would be fine in the adult areas and would enjoy Palo but I appreciate there has to be a cutoff and we are the wrong side of it.

She’s pretty laid back and I am sure we will have w nice time but I do think royal Caribbean or MSC appear to have more activities on offer.
Just back of the last sailing and can confirm our 2wk off 18 DS found it all a bit lame, nice food but lame entertainment choices (black widow movie excepted) the after late dining entertainment choices were Karaoke or nothing
florida_noob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List