Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Jul 21, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Originally Posted by beeftinkler View Post
thanks ill try again but im struggling to get through online or via telephone call
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
irnjaw
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by sully301 View Post
I'm not sure I'd call 10% (amounting to 32 million people) a marginal difference in vaccination rates but I want to go so not going to argue 😂
Was thinking the same myself 😅

First trip to Florida: June 2013
First family trip: Disney Oct 2019
Latest family trip to Florida: Treasure Island, Universal October 2022
irnjaw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by natanddaz View Post
So we have received a refund for our cancelled flight and hotel from ba however I'm actually pretty gutted as sounds like we could have moved to next may for no extra charge. My own fault as we were away and I just didn't get chance to look into our options properly.
Hope you get sorted but if you have already received a refund as you posted earlier BA won't be able to reinstate your flight. Hopefully you may get a cheaper quote.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyCupcake View Post
Hope you get sorted but if you have already received a refund as you posted earlier BA won't be able to reinstate your flight. Hopefully you may get a cheaper quote.
Yea so the refund hadn't been put through when i got through this morning but that agent was telling me i could only reschedule free of charge up to a year from when i booked. Tried again this afternoon and got through to someone who was happy to move it to may but unfortunately the refund had then gone through! Typical! Oh well next august it is then would have moved to may for the same package price as i got such a good deal but our preferred time is august so we can fit in a longer trip.
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Sages
New Poster (3)

Hi
I have a flight with car hire booked for August which has been cancelled. I want to reschedule for next June. I’ve just spoken to an agent who said I could only move it free of charge I would have to pay the full difference in flight and car as I booked it as a package so my ticket validity is up until I booked, which was September last year. Is this what other people are being told?

Thanks for any help.
Sages is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by natanddaz View Post
Yea so the refund hadn't been put through when i got through this morning but that agent was telling me i could only reschedule free of charge up to a year from when i booked. Tried again this afternoon and got through to someone who was happy to move it to may but unfortunately the refund had then gone through! Typical! Oh well next august it is then would have moved to may for the same package price as i got such a good deal but our preferred time is august so we can fit in a longer trip.
Oh what a shame and sorry it didn't work out for you and that's the sort of thing that happens to me so I really feel for you. Fingers crossed you get a good deal for August - keep watching the 2022 glitch thread

Edited at 03:33 PM.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolf1984
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sages View Post
Hi
I have a flight with car hire booked for August which has been cancelled. I want to reschedule for next June. I’ve just spoken to an agent who said I could only move it free of charge I would have to pay the full difference in flight and car as I booked it as a package so my ticket validity is up until I booked, which was September last year. Is this what other people are being told?

Thanks for any help.
Hi, I can't give you a definitive answer on this one BUT please take a read through this article...

headforpoints/2021/0...lation-policy/

There is a suggestion this policy changed on 8th July but not all BA staff may be aware of it yet.

What you were told seems to fit the old policy but you may be in luck with the new policy. Check it out and let us know how you get on!
Wolf1984 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wolf1984 View Post
Hi, I can't give you a definitive answer on this one BUT please take a read through this article...

headforpoints/2021/0...lation-policy/

There is a suggestion this policy changed on 8th July but not all BA staff may be aware of it yet.

What you were told seems to fit the old policy but you may be in luck with the new policy. Check it out and let us know how you get on!
Yeah, you have to nudge them to read the internal memo from the 8th July. If they won’t, just hang up and call again until you get someone that knows what they’re doing.
Softy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkH
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

How is anyone getting though to the holiday (flight + another element) team?
MarkH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkH
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Originally Posted by MarkH View Post
How is anyone getting though to the holiday (flight + another element) team?
Finally got through and rebooked for the following year. The lady who helped me was fantastic.
MarkH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread