Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Jul 21, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyChris
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
Yes! I ended up booking a right mix of it resorts due to lack of availability
Thanks! Guess that settles the question of paying a fee to change our current booking or cancelling and booking as a new trip. No way the change fee can be more than changing to a Deluxe resort.
DisneyChris is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyChris View Post
Has anyone rebooking noticed a lack of availability at Disney hotels?

We still have our 3 week September/October Pop Century booking but we're costing up doing 2 weeks Canada/1 week Disney as a possible alternative. Whilst waiting for our travel agent to come back regarding costs, I figured I'd try and cost up myself and for 29 Sept - 6 Oct Disney is only showing 7 hotels as available. I knew it would be busy with the anniversary but I can't believe the cheapest available in Animal Kingdom Lodge, no budget or moderate rooms at all.
The two PO resorts and Sports resort don't reopen until later in October so for that first week when the Anniversary traffic will peak, there are nearly 5000 rooms outside of the Deluxe category still not available compared to normal operations
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
MissCellaneous
slightly serious Dibber

Saw this on the September thread, reposting for positivity!

amp.lbc/news/boris-joh...mpression=true
Old 28 Jul 21, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Latics
Apprentice Imagineer

Latics's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MissCellaneous View Post
Saw this on the September thread, reposting for positivity!

amp.lbc/news/boris-joh...mpression=true
So apparently we are due an announcement where double jabbed from the EU and US can travel to the UK without the need for quarantine,this needs to be reciprocal. I’m hoping this is the intention of the Global Taskforce

Edited at 10:26 AM.
Latics is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
irnjaw
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by MissCellaneous
They make it sound like it's all down to Johnson. Biden is the one who gets to make this happen.

First trip to Florida: June 2013
First family trip: Disney Oct 2019
Latest family trip to Florida: Treasure Island, Universal October 2022
irnjaw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyChris
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Latics View Post
So apparently we are due an announcement where double jabbed from the EU and US can travel to the UK without the need for quarantine,this needs to be reciprocal. I’m hoping this is the intention of the Global Taskforce
I'm not getting my hopes up for it to be reciprocal just yet. Canada will almost certainly be the first border they open and they weren't reciprocal when Canada announced they would be reopening the land border.

I think the best hope is that this will show a gesture of good will and brings us more in line with most of Europe for US visitors. Then, when Canada does reopen at the start of next month, hopefully the US will give a date for reopening to Canada and a date/planned date for international (like Canada did when they announced reopening).
DisneyChris is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Concerned
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
Watching Tim Trackers vlog of Disney, park is packed and no masks, you would think there was no Covid19
Exactly! So why is the US government so reluctant to have foreign tourists coming in?
Concerned is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Concerned View Post
Exactly! So why is the US government so reluctant to have foreign tourists coming in?
Maybe because they see the level of travel and know the issues there are with staffing etc , maybe they don’t want to make the situation worse
State27 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Concerned View Post
I reckon they are keen to avoid any freedom restrictions aka closures, so basically everything else (aka tourism) is easily cut. Vaccinated or not I imagine they don't want to import any potential people that might occupy a hospital bed. It certainly is a case of we need them more than they need us, and ultimately Biden knows there is less anger felt at home with the current approach then there would be doing a lockdown
Hammerstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
SamH88
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Latics View Post

US travellers can already travel to the EU without needing to quarantine if they're fully vaccinated but we can't travel there.

Edited at 11:48 AM.
SamH88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List