Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 5 Nov 21, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Anthem Adventures with Andy - Day 3 Liverpool

We woke reasonably early despite the cocktails of the previous day, and luckily no hangovers in sight, so we were soon up and ready and headed up to windjammers for breakfast.

As on the previous day, it was really busy, but we were soon seated and headed over to the buffet for the traditional hot breakfast, followed by a chocolate doughnut as they had no cinnamon rolls today – well we are on holiday!

After we had finished eating, we headed back to our cabin and the ship was just completing the docking at Liverpool – we had been delayed heading up the Mersey so we were late arriving, but as we had nothing booked wasn’t an issue for us at all.

We got changed ready to head to the pool and hot tub – it was quite overcast outside and as we were late arriving into Liverpool we had decided to enjoy some time in the Solarium before heading off the ship later in the day.

We found sun loungers easily today – quite a lot had headed off the ship, so we chilled for a while with a couple of cocktails

We then headed for a quick dip in the pool, then made our way over to the hot tub where we got chatting to another couple. They flagged down a passing waiter to order cocktails and we felt it would have been rude not to join them, so ordered our third of the day!

I have to say there is no better way to spend a greyish morning than sitting in a hot tub with cocktails and good company! The waiter was kept very busy and the 4 cocktails we enjoyed seemed to go down very nicely! I also introduced Andy to Pina Coladas as he hadn’t tried them before 😂

As I didn’t have my phone with me in the hot tub, I don’t have pics of them, but I’m sure you all know what a cocktail looks like by now!

After a while, my fingers were getting very wrinkled so we determined it was time to leave the hot tub so we headed back to the cabin to dry off and get changed again.

It was still very grey and overcast, but we both wanted to actually get off the ship, so we put on hoodies and made our way off the ship and into Liverpool where there was a slight drizzle. We had a very brief wander, took some pics of the ship and the Liver building and decided to head back onboard to get something to eat as breakfast felt like a long time ago!

We headed to the Café Promenade and picked up some slices of pizza and Andy ordered a Coke, I had decided I fancied a Starbucks so headed over once we had finished the pizza to pick up a latte to take back to the cabin.

We chilled in the room and on the balcony for a while until it was time to get ready for dinner

then we headed down to the restaurant to eat. We had a show booked for the evening, so we headed down early to make sure we were in time!

We were again seated downstairs for dinner, and commented again on the lack of atmosphere, so decided we would request to be in the upstairs dining rooms the next few days. The food and service were still excellent though, and tonight I enjoyed the French Onion Soup

Shepherds Pie

Apple Blossom Tart – loved this from my last cruise onboard Anthem, so was always going to be one of my choices!

I also had my usual cappuccino and tonight’s cocktail was a Seabreeze for a change.

Following dinner, we headed over to the theatre as we had reservations for We Will Rock You – I had thoroughly enjoyed this show on my last cruise and had been disappointed they didn’t allow you to see it more than once (even though there was room in the theatre) so was really looking forward to it.

Andy was also really keen to see it as he is a big Queen fan, so we found our seats and looked for a waiter to order some drinks. The service was a little slow, so Andy decided he would head out to the bar nearby and collect them – big mistake!

You would think it would be easy enough to find the seats again on re entering the theatre – we had literally gone in at the main door, walked down the flight of stairs and taken a seat at the end of a row just at the bottom of the stairs. Apparently this proved more of a challenge than expected as he managed to go down the wrong stairs which didn’t have access to our row. After climbing up and down the 2 sets of stairs several times (yes you did read that right!) he eventually found me again and we settled down to enjoy the show – which was just as good as I remembered!

After the show we debated heading to a bar, but in the end decided to just take a drink back to our stateroom and chill there instead – we were greeted by another towel animal

before heading out to the balcony to enjoy our drink and enjoyed a lovely relaxing time just watching the world go by and chatting until around 1 when we decided it was really time to get some sleep!

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Mobile

What a lovely relaxing holiday. The onion soup looks absolutely delicious!
Old 5 Nov 21, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

Lovely relaxing day and very enjoyable cocktails
Old 6 Nov 21, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Another great day. You two get along so well! It was made to be.
Old 6 Nov 21, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Another great day
dismamx2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 21, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Was lovely to say hi in the Solarium - didn't want to intrude too much as I didn't know to what extent Andy had been informed about the Dibb.

You both looked to be having a nice time together around the ship whenever we spotted you.
2point is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 21, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by JudeB View Post
What a lovely relaxing holiday. The onion soup looks absolutely delicious!
It was delicious!

Originally Posted by P&S View Post
Lovely relaxing day and very enjoyable cocktails
It was a generally relaxing trip, and the cocktails were fab 😂

Originally Posted by Disney_time View Post
Another great day. You two get along so well! It was made to be.
I think so too - lots of future plans in place 🥰

Originally Posted by dismamx2 View Post
Another great day
Thanks 😊

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
Was lovely to say hi in the Solarium - didn't want to intrude too much as I didn't know to what extent Andy had been informed about the Dibb.

You both looked to be having a nice time together around the ship whenever we spotted you.
Was lovely to chat - Andy was aware of the Dibb and had seen some of my previous reports, but I think the fact someone recognised me from it made him aware of the scale of the forum 🤣
We had a fab trip - hope you did too!

Melanie R is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 21, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

We had a lovely time, so relaxing and loved the quality of the entertainment.

Two more RCI booked, looking forward to those in the sunshine.
2point is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Hope everything is ok! Can’t wait for the next days
Old 16 Nov 21, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
Hope everything is ok! Can’t wait for the next days
Everything’s great thanks - just a busy week at work and a girls long weekend with friends where we invented Glowseccos 🤣

Next day will be up later, aiming to finish the report before the weekend as I’m heading over to Belfast 🥰