Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 6 Aug 22, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Gaz Lear
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 6
The whole area needs shutting and redesigning, granted it’s a massive improvement on what was there but it’s so disappointing. To not even put the Spider-Man robot in is unforgivable

Flight force is the same ride we’ve all spent years riding in Paris and Orlando and the Web Slingers ride is just the Ninjago ride from Legoland Windsor
Old 6 Aug 22, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

It is all a tad disappointing. They made a lot of noise about it and yea.. meh.. its a shame.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 22, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Logan
Imagineer

Now I haven't seen Avengers Campus since it opened, was there in May, so can't really judge and can only go on reports of others. Of course I realise that views and perceptions will swing widely from punter to punter.

But having said that and if the overriding and long term reaction proves to be negative, it makes you wonder what the executives, designers, planners, etc saw or thought? Was it a case of noone wanted to stick their necks above the parapet and tell the top brass that it was rubbish?
Logan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 22, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Now I haven't seen Avengers Campus since it opened, was there in May, so can't really judge and can only go on reports of others. Of course I realise that views and perceptions will swing widely from punter to punter.

But having said that and if the overriding and long term reaction proves to be negative, it makes you wonder what the executives, designers, planners, etc saw or thought? Was it a case of noone wanted to stick their necks above the parapet and tell the top brass that it was rubbish?
I do wonder if maybe some of the imagineers and designers had their wings clipped a bit, budget cuts etc. what’s the reaction for avengers campus in Disneyland California been like?

Just wondering if that was good, how did Paris get it so wrong?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 22, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_Mum
Getting Excited

If I'm honest the whole Avengers Campus was a little underwhelming. I went of Flight Force 3 times and one of the times it was so bright inside I could see the track whilst riding it. That kinda ruined it for me. There just didn't seem to be very much there to be honest and if it wasn't for our youngest wanting the Spiderman ride we would have only visited the campus once in the 5 days we were there
Old 7 Aug 22, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Gaz Lear
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 6
We went in late at night, no queue to enter the land and 30 minutes wait for Flight Force and 60 for Spider-Man

If I’d queued 60 minutes to get in the land then 120 for Spider-Man I’d be at Guest Services demanding my money back
Old 7 Aug 22, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Originally Posted by RiverandMummy View Post
I do wonder if maybe some of the imagineers and designers had their wings clipped a bit, budget cuts etc. what’s the reaction for avengers campus in Disneyland California been like?

Just wondering if that was good, how did Paris get it so wrong?
To be honest everything I have seen on YouTube about the California version seems to say it’s underwhelming also.

Gotta be better than what was there most recently though - concrete and tarmac!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Darge
Getting Excited

A youtuber also referenced this recently (think it was Provost Park Pass). It's a shame it's not great from the start. Especially now people will have already booked to experience this. However I guess long term it's good that they're looking at making it right... If it's all true.
DLP 2023! 6 Nights At DCR
Darge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 22, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazza
Imagineer

Got to agree with everyone else, having just got back on Friday Avengers Campus was underwhelming.
Wazza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List