Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 6 Aug 22, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Booked a 4 night cruise on the Queen Victoria at the end of the month. On a bit of a whim really. It is our 30th wedding anniversary on embarkation day and we felt we should mark it somehow ! I had been looking at hotels in the Lakes but saw this for £315 each which I thought pretty good in comparison.

It’s just an inside cabin but I might be cheeky and contact Cunard to tell them it’s our anniversary and see if it gets me anywhere !

Anyone else on this cruise ?

I’m not sure if it will be a bit too posh for us but the dates fell right.
We’ve sailed on seven different cruise lines, but never Cunard. Let us know how you get on. Have a great trip.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 22, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Omega1 View Post
We’ve sailed on seven different cruise lines, but never Cunard. Let us know how you get on. Have a great trip.
Thank you. Will do. I am a bit apprehensive about whether it is for us. it is only for 4 days though for a bit of a taster and it was a good price.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 22, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
sparkles18
Imagineer

Mobile

If you check your cruise planner in mycunard, it will tell you how many gala nights you have and what the theme is.
We are doing our first transatlantic to NY on QM2 in 2 weeks time.
Hope you have a lovely time.
sparkles18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 22, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Originally Posted by sparkles18 View Post
If you check your cruise planner in mycunard, it will tell you how many gala nights you have and what the theme is.
We are doing our first transatlantic to NY on QM2 in 2 weeks time.
Hope you have a lovely time.
Hope you have a great time on the QM2. I have checked and it is a black and white themed night. Neither of my 2 evening dresses are black or white and I don’t really want to buy anything !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 22, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

We’ve never been on a cruise, like you I’m not sure it’s for us. But that’s a fantastic price, so it’s definitely worth a try.

We’ve been looking at a 5 night short haul break in October for just me and DH and that’s adding up to around £500 for room only. I may look at cruises as that sounds better value.

Hope you have a great time xx
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 22, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I really want to try Cunard and get dressed up lol! One day it will happen.
I’ve already planned stuff for next year so perhaps 2024.
Old 6 Aug 22, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Thank you. Even 2 nights in a hotel in the Lakes was costing £600 with meals !
We have been on 4 cruises previously but I do wonder if Cunard is a bit posh for us ! I think they are a great holiday for a couple and I do think they are great value. We just like nice food, evening entertainment and a rest ! I love that there is no real organizing to do. In September we are going for 7 nights on Sky Princess in a balcony for £1800 with a drinks package. We couldn’t do an all inclusive anywhere for that.
Give one a try, I’m sure you will love it.

(I am doubting the wisdom of booking tonight. Daughter is 17 and it hasn’t gone well today telling her me and her dad are going away again ! She is now in a strop and I’m beginning to wish I hadn’t booked !)
Old 6 Aug 22, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Thank you. Even 2 nights in a hotel in the Lakes was costing £600 with meals !
We have been on 4 cruises previously but I do wonder if Cunard is a bit posh for us ! I think they are a great holiday for a couple and I do think they are great value. We just like nice food, evening entertainment and a rest ! I love that there is no real organizing to do. In September we are going for 7 nights on Sky Princess in a balcony for £1800 with a drinks package. We couldn’t do an all inclusive anywhere for that.
Give one a try, I’m sure you will love it.

(I am doubting the wisdom of booking tonight. Daughter is 17 and it hasn’t gone well today telling her me and her dad are going away again ! She is now in a strop and I’m beginning to wish I hadn’t booked !)
I must admit we like the sound of not having to do any organising, good food, entertainment and relaxation. You are definitely right that the prices sound reasonable compared to any good quality AI hotel.

We are probably going to book our holiday to coincide with DDs 22nd birthday, and I’m dreading telling her (even though she will be away at uni and probably celebrating with her boyfriend) as I’m sure I’ll get eye rolls too. Don’t feel guilty, your DD will soon be going on trips with her friends (although as a mum, we always feel guilty) 💞
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
sparkles18
Imagineer

Mobile

Hope you have a great time on the QM2. I have checked and it is a black and white themed night. Neither of my 2 evening dresses are black or white and I don’t really want to buy anything !
Could you use accessories like your bag, shoes, jewellery and a pashmina in black or white. The dresses don’t have to be long ones, a little black dress/ cocktail dress will be absolutely fine.
We went on the QE in 2019 and thought it might be too posh as well but it really wasn’t. We had a fab time and so will you.
sparkles18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

I wouldn’t worry. On the queen Elizabeth in Dec some people hadn’t noticed the theme so wore what they wanted.

I kind of like getting dressed but and didn’t find it too posh. People all seemed nice and we had lovely chats with people both in Dec and on the queen Mary in feb.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List