Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Aug 22, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

People need to stop worrying or getting “stressed” which is an overused word now, about things you have no control over.
Worrying or stressing about it doesn’t make it go away, just wastes your mental time.
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Warkman58 View Post
People need to stop worrying or getting “stressed” which is an overused word now, about things you have no control over.
Worrying or stressing about it doesn’t make it go away, just wastes your mental time.
Well we aren’t stressed. It will be what it will be, and if the little one cries he cries! He will soon get over it! If the officer gives us dirty looks like last time, so be it! We have no control over the queues and in this specific instance no control over an upset tired bewildered three year old struggling with an early start, a 9-10 hour flight and missing his bedtime plus a five hour time difference and no ability to make him more comfortable. If the queue is short it’s a bonus and anything else we will live with!The alternative is we don’t go until they are older. Sadly as I’ll also be older then that’s not the option we have chosen!

Edited at 11:40 AM.
CarolynU is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Just wondering what people tend to bring/do to pass the hours in the queue? I know phones/tablets not allowed, but maybe a good book?
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
w3dal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
Just wondering what people tend to bring/do to pass the hours in the queue? I know phones/tablets not allowed, but maybe a good book?
You end up chatting to random people, soon passes the time
Old 7 Aug 22, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by w3dal View Post
You end up chatting to random people, soon passes the time
Interesting - I don't think I've ever seen anyone talking in the immigration hall, ever. It's always been silent, serious, and full of weary faces. Maybe I've been on the wrong flights 😂
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

We always have had folks to talk to. I really don’t get why people are weary ( or tired) . Me? I’ve been sitting quietly on a plane, watching a couple films, possibly have a couple hours sleep etc, so I’m far more rested than a normal , at home day. Is there something that sitting on a plane doing next to nothing makes people tired and irritable?

I travelled a lot during my working years, sometimes going straight into work after a twelve hour flight or similar, so maybe I’m used to it and can switch off on the plane, I don’t know. I just know I’m fine when I get off.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by PPM View Post
We always have had folks to talk to. I really don’t get why people are weary ( or tired) . Me? I’ve been sitting quietly on a plane, watching a couple films, possibly have a couple hours sleep etc, so I’m far more rested than a normal , at home day. Is there something that sitting on a plane doing next to nothing makes people tired and irritable?

I travelled a lot during my working years, sometimes going straight into work after a twelve hour flight or similar, so maybe I’m used to it and can switch off on the plane, I don’t know. I just know I’m fine when I get off.
We are the 76 year old couple directed to wait at desk 23 behind a party of 8 who are all rummaging in their cabin bags to find their passports.

But we're just happy to be back.

Mick
Old 7 Aug 22, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Kev Harrison
Apprentice Imagineer

Like I posted earlier, you’ll hopefully get sent to terminal C soon.

There are things you can do, get the earlier plane if you can, move your ass through the airport if possible.

My son is profoundly Autistic, luckily we always get moved through quickly, if he gets distressed it would take him a couple of days before he was ok and he would then be stressing about returning.
Kev Harrison is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Tillyfloss
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
You don't know anyone else's circumstances. People who are worried might also have babies and young children. They might have health issues, anything.
Absolutely true, but I also bear in mind that whatever the circumstances people must feel they are surmountable, otherwise they would likely not undertake a 9 hour flight with possibly a queue at departure and arrival.
Tillyfloss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
deanobrown
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
Interesting - I don't think I've ever seen anyone talking in the immigration hall, ever. It's always been silent, serious, and full of weary faces. Maybe I've been on the wrong flights 😂
This - Our immigration queue usually consists of huffing and puffing, and sighing from everybody! 😂
deanobrown is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List