Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 18 Jul 09, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Our first DLRP experience! Part 1!

DH and I (early-mid 30's) travelling with DD - 2 years and 8 months. Adults been to Florida twice before in 20's, so as well as a new venue, this really was a new experience as we did 'grown-up' things before!

Day 1 - We arrived at Davy Crockett Ranch much later than intended at 5pm, quick and easy check in, lots of information - threw our bags into the cabin and off to the park. Arriving late, wish we'd driven around the cones to park nearer the front but 2 year old DD LOVED the walkways. Our first experience (we knew it would be a brief-ish one) we left the pushchair in the car...but the rest of our stay it probably got more use in 3 days than it had in the previous 2 years!

OK, we listened to DD and ignored my planning and wasted time waiting in line for the Carousel and Dumbo (aargh!) but then had a nice quick experience on the Cups, the rides were all good (particularly from a 2 year olds perspective) but so slow loading and very brief rides.

We had a reasonable meal at Au Chalet de la Marionette, I had roast chicken and salad, it was really tasty, fresh and plenty of it (so that DD who wasn't enamoured with all of her burger) had plenty of chicken to eat as well!

DH had his first encounter at a toilet and reported they were "gipping" (all subsequent encounters weren't as bad, pleased to report, and some were even very clean and fresh, but some of them were definitely British train station-cleanliness!)

Then we dashed back to the ranch in time for her first character experience with Minnie - worth every penny of getting there/staying etc - captured the moment DD saw Minnie on video and will treasure that for ever!

Day 2 - arrived at the park at 9.30, (we had planned to make use of the EMH, but DD hadn't slept the night before we arrived!), did another toddler ride before the park opened; queued to meet Mickey (something DH and I would never have done, but we agreed, we were here for DD!) and he was (impressively) giving the children plenty of quality time - saw the Good Morning Main Street Parade on it's way back; then queued to meet Pooh (again, lots of quality time for DD) - after Pooh, saw the Minnie Party train on it's way back - felt like we hadn't wasted the morning doing characters - at least we'd seen stuff, too!

Tried to enter the Lair of the Dragon, but DD found it too scary, so ooh'd and ah'd at the Castle and went for character lunch at Cafe Mickeys - it was a fabulous experience (although on reflection, we also went to Lucky Nugget Saloon later on and the food was better, cheaper and characters seemed to have more time for the kids) - used our half plan meal vouchers (we had plus; because it was a premium restaurant, the vouchers were only counted as 26 Euros), so it was still fairly costly but so much more than just about the food.

In the afternoon, we went to Studios, started with the Playhouse Disney show, which enthralled our little one and then we went on the Flying carpets over Agrabah - queue the shortest yet (10 mins) and a great ride! As we passed Crush's coaster (and every time we did) the queue was 75 mins - they really need to fast pass this! On, then, to Stitch Live! Although the pre-show area alarmed DD a bit (loud, dark and with the comic/sinister element) she roared with laughter throughout the show... even DH (who can do a good line in children's-shows Scrooge when he wants) laughed - definitely worthwhile! We stumbled across Stars in their Cars parade and this is where we had our first annoying encounter with people smoking in close proximity to children (AND he was using his mobile phone, too! ), but we found that DD's attention span was limited to short bursts of shows like this, so this was our excuse to leave!

Quickly to Hakuna Matata for a very tasty meal and then back to the ranch as our little one was getting very tired - but perked up when we met Mickey again at the ranch! He indulged in some circus acts (got some great video) and although we were about to leave, the CM with him told us to stay (mostly, the staff at the ranch were lovely, talkative, pleasant and went out of their way to help), we did and out came Donald!

Then she went to bed and was out like a light (and we had a moment to realise how sore our feet were from the pounding up and down - alright for those with push chairs!)

Part Two

Edited at 07:41 PM.
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 09, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
scooterdevil
Imagineer

Sounds like you are all having a freat time.Your dd looks like she is enjoying the characters
Old 20 Jul 09, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
berni
Serious Dibber

You've just proved what I keep telling people when tehy say I'll wait until the kids are old enough. Ours have gone as young as 6 months, but from toddling onwards as aparent you get memories that will last forever, that you will not get with a 4 or 5 year old. But will get with 4-5 yr ods and not with a 10 yr old. And so it goes on. they are always the right age!
berni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 09, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
Definitely right, there! We hadn't planned to go again (to Florida) until she's 5-6 (3 more years! ) but now we're not so sure!
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 09, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Glad you had a good time in DLP .. we're (Lakeside Lushes) all going there in November and it's going to be a hoot!

My sister took my nephew to Florida when he was 3 and he didn't really remember much ... they then went again when niece was 4 (nephew was then 7) and it was a much better experience. That 1 year made alot of difference to the experiences and memories that the child has. Isabelle remembers loads more than Robert did.
Old 2 Aug 09, 01:31 AM  
Link to this Post
TH1
Apprentice Imagineer

The big question is : could you have had a better time in Florida and spent less (per day)? I think you could have... but I have never been to Paris so I am just guessing!
TH1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 09, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
Ummm, not given the fact that my Dad lives in France, we were holidaying there anyway (driving past Paris) and therefore the travelling to and from wasn't an issue. Certainly, if we'd have stayed the length of time we would in Florida, I'm sure we'd have spent less, but we wouldn't go to Florida for a 'mini-break'!