Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 20 Mar 10, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Squishy's March '10 Trippie - Day 1

We arrived via direct Eurostar on Sunday 14th March at around 1.30 local time; had booked Disney Express and, after dropping bags off, went outside. DD (aged 3) still didn't know where we were, she then got excited when she saw Buffalo Bill's sign in Disney Village and when we told her we were at DIsneyland, she was strangely underwhelmed! She soon got into it, though (& our journey on Eurostar was more pleasurable than other parents, whose children were getting really overexcited!).

But we headed into the park and, wanting to avoid the 'main' bits (my Dad and Step-Mum were meeting us but got held up by passport control in Dover by over 2 hours!), headed across for lunch at the Cowboy Cookout.

Boy, was the park busy - DH nearly went into meltdown (and so did I just looking at the crowds and queues).

Lunch was reasonable, DD's was delicious! Then we headed over for a meet and greet with Woody and Jessie. We were a little confused as it was an organised/scheduled one but they were just milling around outside the roundup so there was the usual non-queuing. Anyway, not loads of people there, so we got some nice shots!

We then got a text that Dad was almost there, so we headed up to the Sequoia Lodge via Aladdin's enchanted passage (which certainly had DD enchanted this visit - did it about 5-6 times the last day!).

Had been a bit anxious about the SL as I'd read reviews of the tired decor etc, but we had been given an upgrade from Lodge to Montana with Lakeside view (and connecting doors with my Dad) - DD had a Pooh bear on her bed and we thought the rooms were perfect - really well laid out, spacious, complementary chocolate coins and bottle of water and a note from the Manager - nice touches.

We had dinner in the buffet and was initially a bit put out by the very rude hostess who then dumped the 5 of us at a table for 4 in a gloomy area. Spoke to the waitress who took us over there and she moved us to another area, table for 6 with the best waiter ever - he was so charming and entertained my DD wonderfully - he was attentive, generally couldn't speak highly enough of him! Food was yummy, but we generally got stuck on the starters - prawns, artichokes, salads and smoked fishes - we enjoyed just being able to have what we fancied!

Then, we left just before 8 to hit the park again - the crowd outside the restaurant was HUGE and the park EMPTY! We did Dumbo twice, Peter Pan about 4 times, Tea Cups twice, Pinnochio 3 times and the Carousel - not bad for 2 hours! Feet were sore though!

The tea cups looked amazing at night, far more so than during the day!

We headed back through the beautifully lit Main Street and back for a generally restful night's sleep - although DD was awake for a good hour during the night and therefore so were DH and I!

More days and photos later!

Day 2

Edited at 07:43 PM.
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 10, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
JamelUK
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Hey Squishy!

Your psychic - I was just gonna ask you when we could expect your Trippie and then Ping! there it is!

Great photos! - agree that the Tea Cups, in fact the whole Fantasyland area looks great at night!

Sequoia Lodge has always been a firm favourite with us.
Some just dont seem to like the dark decor - they dont get that its themed that way.

Old 20 Mar 10, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
We didn't even think that it's dark - certainly not in the rooms anyway - I guess all the negative reviews had made me have lower expectations - they were certainly exceeded anyway!
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 10, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
JamelUK
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
We didn't even think that it's dark - certainly not in the rooms anyway - I guess all the negative reviews had made me have lower expectations - they were certainly exceeded anyway!
Which brings me back to a point I have made numerous times!

Different things for different people.

The DIBB is a wonderful place to share opinions and read differing views of experiences.

But please - GO AND MAKE YOUR OWN MIND UP!

Good times
Old 20 Mar 10, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
miss lumpy
Excited about Disney

Thumbs up

enjoyed reading your report. going to read your other days now thanks..
Old 20 Mar 10, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
Thanks Miss Lumpy, but haven't done it yet, more later!
Old 22 Mar 10, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
Spent ages on Saturday doing day 2, had just typed it all up, was sorting out photo links when I was attacked by Trojan Horse from Photobucket site - had to switch off all weekend, think Photos etc are safe, but am not the first to have this virus from that site - beware!
Old 22 Mar 10, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
msdisneytonian
Imagineer

msdisneytonian's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
fab report Squishy
msdisneytonian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 10, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi squishy
I noticed you'd said that you booked the disney express, what is this? weve booked eurostar and hotel and tickets through disney, does that mean we still have to book the express,
great trippie too, look forward to reading the rest
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 10, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
JamelUK
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by madaboutmickey View Post
Hi squishy
I noticed you'd said that you booked the disney express, what is this? weve booked eurostar and hotel and tickets through disney, does that mean we still have to book the express,
great trippie too, look forward to reading the rest
Howdo!

The Disney Express service takes your bags from the Eurostar station to the Disney hotels for you.

As you booked your package with DLP this service is offered free - its normally £30.

Personal opinion, but I wouldnt bother with this on the way IN to DLP.
You have to walk upstrairs in the Eurostar station, give them your bags and then pick them up later from the baggage room at your hotel - with several hundred others.

Most of the Disney hotels are just a few minutes walk from the station, and the station exit is much nearer than climbing up two escalators and to the back of the station for the Express desk, so most in the know just grab their bags and head to the hotel. The baggage room may still be used to store your bags while you head to the parks - they are free to use for all hotel guests.

On the way OUT of DLP, it does of course mean you can dump your bags with concierge in the morning and know that they will get to the station in time for your train

Edited at 02:31 PM.
JamelUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List