Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
And the old folks are coming again! – Day 10

Day Ten - Saturday 17th October

Now you may have noticed that it has been very hot during our trip so far and we have struggled with the humidity but WOW what a change this morning as it had dropped by 30 degrees Fahrenheit! Ended up being a later start this morning (DM had succumbed to the cold I had had and was not feeling her best today) and we went into the clubhouse on the estate to use the internet for half an hour. We eventually arrived at AK at 11.30am and couldn’t believe how cool it was Headed straight to Everest and secured fast passes for a couple of hours later. Worked our way round to Dinosaur (which we missed last time) and DF & DH went on while DM & I sat it out. We had a very pleasant sit in the sun for 30 minutes or so people watching. Rumbling tummies told us it was lunchtime so after looking at a few places we ended up at Flame Tree BBQ which was good.

Our FP’s were now due so we found a nice spot for DM to sit in and the rest of us joined the FP queue. Quickly loaded and we were on our way. My goal was to try and hold my arms up all the way around….a bit sad I know……but I did it and was so proud of myself

Collected DM and made our way to the other side of the park doing ITTBAB on the way, taking the obligatory silly photos in the 3d glasses before going in!

We then got a spot ready for the parade – tbh if I never saw this parade again I would not be bothered but DM wanted to see it. Whilst waiting, we bought ice creams which were lovely!

Next up was the safari which I have never done in the afternoon before – always done it on entering the park when it first opens. Actually saw more animals than I have ever seen before and even though I was determined not to take many pictures, I did get the customary blurred ones! Here are a few of the better ones!

Our driver for the two week safari!

Wandered through the shops and bought myself a pair of men’s lounge pants (as they call them) covered in Mickey body parts – they are cool! To end the day we went to DH’s favourite attraction, FOTLK, but as we were there a little early DM & I went to get our picture taken with Minnie.

FOTLK was fab as always – it is definitely a feel good show and never fails to get me singing.

Park closing was upon on us so we made our way back to the car having done everything we wanted to do in AK. Decided to call at Denny’s on the way back for Dinner and went to the newish one up on the 192 just before the junction of the 27 which was a good, cheap filling tea!

Nothing else noted for the day but am pretty sure at least DF & I would have gone in the spa as I did it every evening to help my feet recover from the day (sitting with them right on the jets for 10 minutes is so nice) and I won’t be outside on my own (I know I’m a scaredy cat! I always worry that someone will run up to the screen and scare me ).
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 10, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
a great report
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 10, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Wills
Imagineer

A lovely day at AK. Everest and FOTLK are two of my favourites.
Old 21 May 10, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
another great day

lovely pics
Old 22 May 10, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
A great day at AK.

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 10, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
a lovely AK day
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 10, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
luxorsun71
Imagineer

another fab day
Old 7 Jul 10, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
stewart&lynn
Excited about Disney

great trippy!