Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
And the old folks are coming again! – Day 11

Day Eleven - Sunday 18th October

Today was Islands of Adventure day and we arrived there at 11.30am. First stop was Poseidon’s Fury which I normally sit out but if I did that so would DM and trying to persuade her it was fine was not working so I went on with much reluctance.

Sorry to say this but what a waste of time . The only bit that was good has now stopped (the water thing). Anyway been there, done it twice, definitely not doing it again! Wandered over the bridge where you can see the new Harry Potter area and again did not interest me in the slightest as I am in the minority of people who have not read any of the books or seen any of the films and have absolutely no interest in doing so!

Anyway we decided to get some lunch and ate at Burger Digs. We all decided what we wanted and left DH in the queue and waited and waited and waited some more. If we hadn’t have been able to see him I would have been convinced he’d gone off for a ride, twice, and then come back and ordered the food! It was good though so never mind.

Next up was the one DF had been looking forward to since the day we arrived home from the previous October’s holiday – Duelling Dragons. First we rode Fire and then straight back again but this time to ride Ice – both as good as always and DF was happy. Wandered on over to Blutos Bilge Barges and had an enjoyable 5 minutes feeding quarters into the water firing machines and wetting the riders who were mad enough to ride on a day as cool as today! Sensibly we decided to give it a miss for now.

We headed on back to the park entrance where DH & DF rode The Hulk and DM and I sat in the sun. DF & I then rode Dr. Dooms Fear Falls – I love the view from the top of this ride (not that you are up there very long!) Aview of the two rides together from across the lake:

Another swap and DF & DH went to see if Spiderman had opened up (it had been closed when we had passed – technical problems) and as it had they rode and again I enjoyed the sun with DM. Before we left the park DM wanted to see if she could ride the High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride and as she had been on nothing at all today we relented and joined the 40 minute () queue for this thrill ride. It actually turned out to be just over an hour’s wait which was the longest of the holiday for the least thrilling ride…typical .

A couple of photos walking through the Dr Seuss area

After this we were all ridden out; think it was that last one that pushed us over the edge so we headed off to City Walk to get some tea before we went to see the Blue Man Group. Everywhere was quite busy and we didn’t want much so we tried Moe’s Southwestern Grill which was lovely and we will definitely get something from there again. Just a shame the queues were so long and there is nowhere near enough space for people to queue. If you have been there you will know exactly what I mean. After filling our tummies we went back into the park and headed for the Blue Man Group Theatre. DH & I had seen the BMG almost 5 years ago in Las Vegas – he loved it but I was not overly impressed. We had decided to either do this or La Nouba (which we have also seen before) and so the parents decided on BMG. Apart from being bl**dy cold in the theatre it was a good show and we all enjoyed it. Of the Blue Men stood on the back of my chair and left a cereal imprint from his boot on my shoulder .

When we left the theatre it was really quite cool and we were amazed by the difference from only 48 hours ago – we had worn fleeces (well me & DM had) virtually all day yet two days ago we hadn’t needed them even at 10pm at night! Home just before 10pm after another (and we didn’t realise then, the last) good day.

margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 10, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
a great day
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 10, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Wills
Imagineer

Another good day. Have to agree with you on Poseidon’s Fury waste of time! Pity the weather's not so good.
Old 21 May 10, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
great day
Old 22 May 10, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sounds like you all had an enjoyable day

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 10, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
sorry to hear it turned cool
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 10, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
luxorsun71
Imagineer

another good day, pity it was chilly though
Old 9 Jun 10, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_Diva
Imagineer

Another fab day x
WDW 2020 POR
Disney_Diva is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 10, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
stewart&lynn
Excited about Disney

brilliant trippy.