Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 10 Mar 12, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post

sharing the grub

When dining out do the restaurants object if you want to share a meal? We've got a 6 yr old and she'll happily have some of ours, (especially if the portions are big). We also have a 10 yr old, and the same could apply.
Also (part 2). Which restaurants are noted for serving huge portions? I guess we could have a look at other tables when we arrive at a place but forewarned is forearmed. Would hate to pay for 3 meals when 2 would be enough.
Thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 12, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Coral
Very Serious Dibber

Most restaurants serve huge portions (compared to the UK) so that question is easily answered.

Almost all restaurants will be happy to bring you an extra plate for the kiddies if you ask. It is an acceptable practice out there. If a restaurant doesn't encourage the practice they usually make it clear on the menu - No Plate Sharing Allowed. The only other place you can't usually do it is in 'all you can eat' buffet type places. There you will have to pay, but there is always a child as well as an adult price.
Old 10 Mar 12, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I shared on a few occasions last year with my son, they didn't mind at all. We went to Logan's roadhouse and we shared a giant dish of shrimp and lobster. Would check on the menu first though, just in case
Lovesholidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 12, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
debs1505
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Me and DH often share a starter and main without problems.
Old 10 Mar 12, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

I share with my Mum - I'm 44 and she is in her 70's. We have never had a problem. Enjoy.
Old 10 Mar 12, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
princess boo
Very Serious Dibber

If you are sharing what would you do about the tip because obviously if you are sharing the final bill will be less, as will the tip?
Old 10 Mar 12, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by princess boo View Post
If you are sharing what would you do about the tip because obviously if you are sharing the final bill will be less, as will the tip?
You can add couple of extra $ if you wished.

Great post as thinking if my mum wants the same as me in cheesecake factory I might share with her .
Old 10 Mar 12, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post

You see this a alot in both quick service and sit down locations. One of the most popular ones is to purchase a double cheese burger and an extra bun. Hey presto - two meals for the price of one, could be a good idea for the kiddies!
Old 10 Mar 12, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post

OH & I shared a lot when we were there last year. I also ordered off the kids menu or seniors menu for a smaller portion as Im unable to eat a lot and I'm 36. Never a problem.
Old 10 Mar 12, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread