Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 13 Apr 13, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Stewboy
Imagineer

The Race Is On - WDW Marathon Weekend With A Baby: Day 6 - Showcase to Market Place

Day 6 was going to be spent at our favourite park - Epcot.

Isabella had a bad night’s sleep and ended up sleeping in till 8, it wasn’t going to be an early start!

We had a quick breakfast in the room, porridge for the baby, toast and peanut butter for us, and then headed to Epcot. Jo had already let Janet and Ivor know we were running late so we arranged to meet them there but had neglected to arrange a time or location, we were going to rely on “We’ll text you when we get there” and hope they remembered to check their phone.

Unbelievably, as we entered the park we saw them walking past the fountain, Jo ran after them (as if she hadn’t run 13 miles two days ago) and three became five once more.

As it was another hot day, we headed to Club Cool for free drinks of questionable taste. My iPhone’s autocorrect changed the name of this place to Club Colon - perhaps it’s got a point!

The flavours on offer are:
  • Krest Ginger Ale from Mozambique
  • Fanta Kolita from Costa Rica
  • Beverly from Italy
  • Vegeta Beta from Japan
  • Kinley Lemon from Israel
  • Lift Apple from Mexico
  • Smart Watermelon from China
  • Mezzo Mix from Germany

After we’d had our fill of “exotic” flavours of the (Coca-Cola) world (including the interesting Beverly from Italy) we headed to Test Track to get a fastpass.

"Do you mind dad, I'm on the phone"

By this time Isabella was ready for a nap. I found a nice quiet area by the start of the World Showcase between Mexico and Canada and walked her around until she fell asleep. Jo and I then had churritos from Cantina de San Angel as we walked around the world. I love this part of Epcot early in the day before the crowds get there, it’s really peaceful and relaxing.

By the time we’d walked round it was time to head back to Test Track to use our fastpasses. Isabella was still asleep so Janet stayed with her while Ivor, Jo and I tried out the new and “improved” ride.

I must confess it was massive disappointment and I preferred the old version of the ride to the “reimagined” one. Also, considering it was new there was a lot of stuff that wasn't working in the pre- and post-ride area including my RFID card and at least half of the interactive touch screen.

It was now time for lunch and we headed for Sunshine Seasons. Isabella was STILL asleep and as you're not allowed strollers inside the Land Pavillion we almost went somewhere else - Morocco was our probable choice. However, we decided to wait for Isabella to wake up as we were convinced she would be awake very shortly. Janet and Ivor were starving so they headed in and Isabella woke up about 2 minutes later so we caught up with them in the queue.

We'd never been to Sunshine Seasons and we were really impressed.

We had the following:
  • Me - Turkey and Monterrey Jack on Ciabatta with Chipotle Mayonnaise and Potato Salad / Carrot Cake Cupcake
  • Jo - Caesar Salad with Oak Fired Chicken / Strawberry Shortcake
  • Janet - Spicy Cashew Chicken with Vegetable Stir Fried Noodles / Danish Pastry
  • Ivor - Spicy Cashew Chicken with Vegetable Stir Fried Noodles / Danish Pastry

The food was really good and Isabella enjoyed it a lot.

Isabella enjoying her lunch

After a lovely lunch we went on Living with the Land. Jo and I love this ride and have been on the Behind the Seeds tour twice before. Isabella enjoyed looking at the plants and the exotic fruit and vegetables.

Isabella explaining hydroponics to Jo

After this it was time for Jo's favourite ride in the whole of Epcot, Disney, Orlando, America and indeed the World - Journey into Imagination with Figment!

All together now... "...iiiimaaaag-i-nation ...iiiimaaaag-i-nation"

After the pure adrenaline ride through Figment's house (!) we decided to slow things down and visit The Three Cabelleros in Mexico.

Janet and Ivor decided they'd had enough for the day and headed back to the resort on the bus.

After a lovely little boat ride through Mexico it was also time for us to leave Epcot.

When we got back to the room Isabella fell asleep feeding and Jo and I relaxed in the room.

Dinner was at Raglan Road in Downtown Disney, so after Isabella woke up we all got ready and walked over there.

Downtown Disney was very busy as was Raglan Road. Isabella was very restless and I took her for a little walk. We all ordered beers, I had the perennial Samuel Adams Boston Lager, Jo had the Samuel Adams Winter Lager, Ivor had Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat and Janet had Orange Blossom Pilsner. They were all very tasty.
  • Me: Beefy Murray / Bakewell Beauty
  • Jo: Serious Steak / Ger’s Bread & Butter Pudding
  • Janet: Lambo Italiano / Moore Street Market
  • Ivor: Kevin’s Heavenly Ham / No dessert

My Beefy Murray was too hot (it’s a curry pie) so Jo very kindly swapped with me about half way through (as I have the spice tolerance of a child). I didn’t enjoy eating there this time around as much as last time. Of course, it didn’t help that I chose the wrong thing and that Isabella was in a difficult mood.

Our little family

After dinner we headed back to the Marketplace and had a look around the World of Disney shop. We had wanted to buy Isabella a pillow with a character on it, but she couldn’t decide on which one she liked, so we decided to leave it. We did buy her a Mickey Mouse sippy cup though.

I took this photo because I work at a digital agency called Chameleon

Janet and Ivor had decided to spend some more time at Downtown Disney having a drink and wandering around, so Jo and I took Isabella home on the boat which goes to Saratoga Springs every 30 minutes in the evening (hourly during the day) and drops you off at the back of The Turf Club restaurant which is part of the Carriage House, where the reception and Artist’s Palette quick service restaurant are.

We got in and went straight to bed, tomorrow was supposed to be a shopping day - more on that next time!

The Market Place at night

Edited at 12:54 PM.
Stewboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 13, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Just read through all of your days up until now. Great report, can't believe I've missed it. Your family is lovely and I'm looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip. My Isabella is 4 today so it's lovely to see the photos of your beautiful DD enjoying the magic.
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 13, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Stewboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by joanna23 View Post
Just read through all of your days up until now. Great report, can't believe I've missed it. Your family is lovely and I'm looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip. My Isabella is 4 today so it's lovely to see the photos of your beautiful DD enjoying the magic.
Thank you for your comments, glad you've enjoyed reading
Old 13 May 13, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Great report - Epcot is one of our firm favourites too !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 13, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Stewboy
Imagineer

We love Epcot, there's so much space and it never feels too crowded.
Old 22 May 13, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Stewboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by joanna23 View Post
My Isabella is 4 today so it's lovely to see the photos of your beautiful DD enjoying the magic.
I hope your Isabella had a lovely birthday
Old 13 Jul 13, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Stewboy
Imagineer

This trip report is now complete. If you're interested in the next day it's here
Old 14 Jul 13, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobsledwheels
Imagineer

Bobsledwheels's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
Wholeheartedly agree on world showcase being lovely and relaxing when its quiet! its fab!

Your pic of DTD at night is really pretty.

Thanks for sharing!

USA: Jan 07 10n off-site // Jan 12 5n NYC, 11n I-Drive //
Oct 14 3 wks - Honeymoon! YC // Oct 16 Orlando 14n OKW // May 17 2n Cali adv & DL // Dec 18 10n AKL

PARIS: Sept 12 3n at SL // Nov 13 4n SL // Nov 15 4n SL (cut short) // Nov 16 4n NPB
TOKYO // HONG KONG: April 16 4 Days TKDL & TKDS // May 16 1 Day HKDL
CRUISES: Oct 14 4n Bahamian // June 15 7n Norwegian inaugural // Sept 15 11n WBTA // May 17 5n West coast // May 17 7n Alaskan // Dec 18 4n Bahamian
Bobsledwheels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 13, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Stewboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bobsledwheels View Post
Wholeheartedly agree on world showcase being lovely and relaxing when its quiet! its fab!

Your pic of DTD at night is really pretty.

Thanks for sharing!
That's Ivor's photo. He does proper photography rather than using an iPhone!
Old 18 Jul 13, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Another really lovely day. Shame you didn't enjoy your meal as much as you expected... I don't enjoy food that's too spicy either.

Loving the captions under your pics

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List