Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 25 May 14, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Robin Sparkles
Helping Minnie

Sparkles Around The World - DDP - May 2014 - Complete

Welcome one and all to my first food report!

Hopefully it goes ok, if anyone needs any indigestion tablets along the way, let me know !

I did miss taking some pics (mainly the bread), as we'd eaten it before I remembered... oops

We stayed at SSR from 2 May to 16 May 2014 and were on the Disney Dining plan, so we mostly dined onsite, but did have a couple of meals offsite - Cheesecake Factory is always a must, no matter what! I'd happily live on their awesome bread and of course the cheesecake . Although big apologies right now, as I did forget to take pics of said cheesecake as we got it to take away!

Ate way too much, but hey your on holiday, it'd be rude not to at least try it!

We have stayed at Disney a few times now, so this time we wanted to try things at different resorts to see what they had to offer. It does take a little time away from the parks, but we thought it was worth it and we only did Disney this time so we didn't feel we missed anything really.

We mostly ate breakfast in our room, as we like to just potter about in the morning, as we prefer to stay out later at night. This is why the fastpass+ works great for us, as no rushing in the morning just plan stuff from the convenience of your hotel room, while sipping some Joffrey's coffee

Anyway on to the noms...

to start us off here is a pic of our breakfast goodies we bought for eating in our villa.

Breakfast at The Artist's Palette @ Saratoga Springs Resort
Lunch at Landscape of Flavors @ Art of Animation Resort
Dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse @ Yacht Club

Lunch at Be Our Guest @ Magic Kingdom
Dinner at Sanaa @ Animal Kingdom Lodge

Lunch at Tony's Town Square @ Magic Kingdom
Dinner at Cheesecake Factory

Lunch at Yak and Yeti Local Food Cafe @ Animal Kingdom
Dinner at 50's Prime Time Cafe @ Hollywood Studios

Lunch at Columbia Harbour House at Magic Kingdom
Dinner at Ohana @ Polynesian Resort

Lunch at Lotus Blossom Cafe @ Epcot
Dinner at The Turf Club @ Saratoga Springs Resort

Lunch at Pepper Market @ Coronado Springs Resort
Dinner at Be Our Guest @ Magic Kingdom

Lunch at Five Guys @ Florida Mall
Dinner at Chefs de France @ Epcot

Lunch at Flame Tree Barbecue/Pizzafari @ Animal Kingdom
Dinner at Kouzzina @ Boardwalk

Lunch at Tortuga Tavern @ Magic Kingdom
Dinner at Grand Floridian Cafe

Lunch at Asian Chao @ Altamonte Mall
Dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe @ Wilderness Lodge

Lunch at Beaches & Cream @ Beach Club
Dinner at Coral Reef @ Epcot

Lunch at ABC Commissary @ Hollywood Studios
Dinner at Casey's Corner @ Magic Kingdom

and finally... Snacks around the world

Nov2007-All Star Movies,Feb2009-All Star Music,Oct2009- Coronado Springs, Sept2010-Pop Century, Oct2011-Quality Inn Suites & Caribbean Beach,Sept2012-All Star Sports,May2014 Saratoga Springs,May2016 Saratoga Springs Oct2023 Davenport Villa

Edited at 08:47 AM.
Robin Sparkles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 14, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Teach0778
Imagineer

Teach0778's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Looking forward to reading this
Old 25 May 14, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Great ! Will really help us plan for our trip next May on the dining plan!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 14, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Definitely following. Want to do a Disney only experience, possibly slightly away from the parks, next year ourselves.
Old 25 May 14, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Sounds great, look forward to this
Old 25 May 14, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Subscribing to this!

Lucky charms! Mmmm
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 14, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Robin Sparkles
Helping Minnie

The Artist's Palette @ Saratoga Springs Resort

First morning breakfast for easiness we just headed to The Artist's Palette (it was also absolutely chucking it down so we didn't want to go too far . We both had the breakfast platter with a bottle of water each and got our refillable mugs activated for our 2 week stay

Breakfast Platter

It was really busy here, so there were no seats in front, so we went to the additional seating around the corner at The Turf Club Bar. This is actually much nicer and quieter if it is busy (we were the only ones there)!

The platter was pretty tasty and although they are pretty much the same at all the resorts I liked the fact that they bring your hot food to the table here ( you get a number for them to find you). At some other resorts you get your food when you order (as it's all ready) and by the time you've queued to pay it ain't a hot breakfast!

The only thing I would add here, is that I still think if you are on the dining plan the quick service breakfasts aren't value for money, compared to getting a lunch or dinner as all you get at breakfast is an entrée and a drink. It'd be good if you could also have a side at breakfast like fruit or yoghurt, but you don't.

We only really have the breakfasts if we are needing to use up QS credits.
Nov2007-All Star Movies,Feb2009-All Star Music,Oct2009- Coronado Springs, Sept2010-Pop Century, Oct2011-Quality Inn Suites & Caribbean Beach,Sept2012-All Star Sports,May2014 Saratoga Springs,May2016 Saratoga Springs Oct2023 Davenport Villa
Robin Sparkles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 14, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

Nice start, love a food report
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 14, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

oh I'm looking forward to this, as you've got lots of places on there that we want to try.
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 14, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Robin Sparkles
Helping Minnie

Lunch at Landscape of Flavors @ Art of Animation Resort

It was still raining really hard on and off so we decided that after doing a bit of shopping we'd head for a counter service meal at one of the resorts. We'd never been to Art of Animation, so decided to check it out.

I had the build your own burger which was fab. I had Pepperjack Cheese, Bacon & Avocado on mine... yum. Oh and as you can see I like pepper on everything

Build your own Burger

Hubby had the pizza which he enjoyed.

Pizza!

We both had the Mickey cupcake for dessert (you could choose from a selection of cakes, ice cream or fruit)

Mickey Cupcake

The cupcake was lovely & light, but I didn't eat his oreo ears as they were a bit soft from being in the fridge!