Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 15 Aug 20, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
bigkid39
VIP Dibber

Wedding hair

Hi everyone. Exciting times just booked our wedding for paradise cove for november 2021. My question is, I have really short hair and have no intentions on growing it for the wedding (like many have 'told' me to do!) And wondered if anyone else has gotten married with really short hair and let me know what you put in it, tiara or similar, to add an bit of zhuzh! Have seen a crystal headpiece I like that has starfish on it, but not sure if it will look right with short hair. Any ideas would be appreciated
Old 15 Aug 20, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
What about a fascinator or flower in your hair, Pinterest has lots of ideas! Congratulations xx
Old 15 Aug 20, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
bigkid39
VIP Dibber

Thank you.
Old 15 Aug 20, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

My hair is very short always has been
I was married in November had a full length cape with hood I had a borrowed thistle tiara that the hood rested on then I wore it all day just with much to my MILs disgust
my very simple as it was then cat suit you wear what you want it’s your day and I bet at paradise cove your head band will be the star of the show after you
That was almost 38 years ago now
It’s actually lovely to have a collection of wedding day pictures through the generations as we do dating from 1890

Edited at 09:52 PM.
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 20, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by bigkid39 View Post
Hi everyone. Exciting times just booked our wedding for paradise cove for november 2021. My question is, I have really short hair and have no intentions on growing it for the wedding (like many have 'told' me to do!) And wondered if anyone else has gotten married with really short hair and let me know what you put in it, tiara or similar, to add an bit of zhuzh! Have seen a crystal headpiece I like that has starfish on it, but not sure if it will look right with short hair. Any ideas would be appreciated
Oh show us a picture. I think a tiara would be perfect with short hair.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
bigkid39
VIP Dibber

These are two that I have seen and wonder if either will look right with short hair.

Edited at 03:49 PM.
bigkid39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

These are two that I have seen and wonder if either will look right with short hair.

I like the second one, but I think you have to try them both. Does your hair sit completely flat, or have some bounce to it..although I prefer the second one, it would disappear on me and the first would look better as it stands taller!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 20, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
bigkid39
VIP Dibber

My hair is generally flat until i give it spike! so i guess i could go for either. Think i will maybe have to order both and try them. Go from there i guess. The issue is i am not a girly girl and dont like anything fussy... hence the simple wedding in florida...no fuss!
Old 21 Aug 20, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

I love these, they are stunning & with short hair they will really stand out 💕
At least with short hair you don’t have to worry about it going limp or flat in the humidity 😉
Post some pics when you get them ❤️
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 20, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
bigkid39
VIP Dibber

will do. By deciding now means I can experiment between now and then on what colour they would look best on too. A work colleague basically told me I should grow my hair for my wedding as its a one off occasion. But my partner has always known me with short hair and likes it so nope, it is staying short