Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 18 Aug 18, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
The Witty Ditty Food Trippy - Aug 2018 - NOW COMPLETE

Hello there Dibbers and welcome to our offsite (with one on )food trippy. You can find my intro thread HERE . This is a semi live report I am trying to upload every couple of days or so, so its is still fresh in my mind. At nearly 49 (3 days time) my memory isn't what it use to be.

Day 1 - travel day

So we start with travel day (a good place i hear you say). First port of call is McDonalds near Gatwick airport, now I didn't take any pic's of our breakfast as 1 you all know what a sausage and egg Mcmuffin looks like and 2 I forgot ha! ha! not a good start.

Plane food is next, BA to be precise.
Started off with a G+T... just the one!

We were right at the back of the place and by the time they got to us only Thai chicken curry was left.
I'm not a plane food lover but as it goes it was OK, don't even ask me what the green stuff was next to the rice, it was the most god awful earthy smell which got forked onto the tray. Everything else was quite edible, the bean salad, chocolate pot and cheese and crackers was good.

Mini Magnum was next half way through the flight, so glad BA have reintroduced this it was most welcome.

A couple of hours before landing a chicken sandwich and shortbread was handed out.

We landed at Tampa airport drove to the villa at Sunset Lakes and headed out to Culvers on the 192, we got a garden salad, cheese burger snack meal and 2 crispy chicken burger meals total cost $29.94.

Food was really tasty and bought to our table with a smile.

Day 2

Off to Ihop for our traditional first day breakfast.
Order was 3 coffee's, 1 hot tea, quick 2 egg breakfast, sampler breakfast, cupcake pancakes and strawberry banana pancakes. Total $38.95 which includes free stack voucher.

Next on our list for dinner which was chosen by the boys was Golden Corral. There are likers and haters for this place, I in the middle but having gone in 2015 the boys wanted to go again so we went to the one at Lake Buena Vista. As you can see everything is pretty beige apart from the salads, we did have a couple of deserts but forgot to take pic's... naughty step for me!

Total was $52.30 which included my free buffet bifthday voucher.

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index

Edited at 09:41 AM.
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
Day 3

Sea World purchase of 2 all day fillable cups, can be filled with fountain drinks and slush price $13.83 each can be reactivated another day for $5.99 at Sea World, Busch and Aquatica.

Lunch at Friendly's today on Idrive. Never been here before food was good and fairly inexpensive, confession I forgot to bring my voucher so will have to pop back to use it to get some ice creams.
We ordered chicken noodle soup with garden salad, chicken and bacon salad, loaded waffle fries and BBQ chicken melt sandwich. Total was $35.54.

Dinner tonight was Teak Neighbour Grill, another one we haven't been to before. Totally love the whole area near this place and loved the restaurant, food and service was fab we gave it 10/10.
Our order was Spicy Veronica with garlic bistro fries Harry Carry with onion rings, Smoking Gun with plain fries, side of onion rings and Fire Grilled Chicken with garlic bistro fries. Drinks were midnight lemon coctail and 3 x Dr Pepper. Total $72.70

August 2015-Trip Index

Edited at 03:00 PM.
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadMummy
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Yummy stuff!

Teaks is on our list for next time. Keep meaning to try it but never have.

Also, my children have a say in where we eat to. It's called being a family 😁 you're on holiday after all!
Old 18 Aug 18, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

All looks lovely. Looking forward to following along. Hope your having a great holiday.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Loving all the photos,booked a last minute trip on Thursday for next week so pleased to see some inspiration for off site food.Keep up the good work
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

I could so be eating at IHOP right now - looks tasty as always.

Teak sounds delicious, really need to try and get there next time!

Hope you’re all having a lovely time
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Great start, following along. My dgs love Uno as he can make his own pizza there - and if he wants to go there, we'll go! Looking forward to seeing your use of the voucher haul. Did you try the milkshake at Culvers? It is gorgeous, and I do believe they do takeaway ice cream - on my list for when we get there.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018

Edited at 03:05 PM.
JanetteP is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
I could so be eating at IHOP right now - looks tasty as always.

Teak sounds delicious, really need to try and get there next time!

Hope you’re all having a lovely time
Having a fab time thanks, Teak was a 40 minute journey for us but in my opinion well worth it. The burgers were amazing and our server spent plenty of time explaining each one and steered us in the direction of the fries drizzled in garlic butter.

August 2015-Trip Index
Old 18 Aug 18, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Any idea what the prices are for Golden Corral as I can’t seem to find on google. My kids will be 3 and 4 by the time we go and I had heard that kids are only charged after age 4.

I also let my kids choose things. Gives them options rather than dictate all the time and mine are young. Obviously if it was horrible or too expensive I would say but dunno why they first posted had to ask that. I thought it was normal to ask the kids what they fancied to eat etc?

Thanks.
Looks like a good time so far
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Excellent start! Looking forward to the rest.

We love Teak, and your pictures have just made me miss it so much 😋

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List