Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 10 Sep 18, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Oh no . I took so many photos they are in 2 albums and day 7 onwards are in a different album. If other people can't see then there may be a prob at my end with permissions or something? . BUT i'm not technical and will have to get DH to sort when he returns (working away).
No, no don’t worry. It’s all sorted now, yay! Problem was my end it seems, I cleared my browsing history and cookies and that seems to have fixed it. I’m off to do some serious catching up and drooling! 😛
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 18, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I can see the pics
Thanks
dixonsontour is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 18, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by derenstar View Post
No, no don’t worry. It’s all sorted now, yay! Problem was my end it seems, I cleared my browsing history and cookies and that seems to have fixed it. I’m off to do some serious catching up and drooling! 😛
Oh good
dixonsontour is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 18, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

All caught up now, thank you for another great instalment.
Do you mind me asking your thoughts on Keke’s? I love the look of the menu and your Florida pancake looked amazing. DH is hooked on IHOP and rather set in his ways! I’m hoping I can tempt him to try something different on our next trip.

We do love a bit of Olive Garden, you know what you’re getting and the food is always fresh and tasty. I may or may not be drooling as I type this thinking about those warm bread sticks and your chicken chicken parmigiana.. mmm!

I’m not sure I want to know all the calories info in the menu. I don’t need the guilt... 😀besides calories don’t count when you’re in Orlando, right?!

One further question if I may, I didn’t suppose you recall the price of the espresso cups set from Mickeys Pantry do you? Would make a perfect gift for my sister and a lovely friend. Don’t worry if you don’t, have taken a picture of it and I hope it’s still there next year.
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 18, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by derenstar View Post
All caught up now, thank you for another great instalment.
Do you mind me asking your thoughts on Keke’s? I love the look of the menu and your Florida pancake looked amazing. DH is hooked on IHOP and rather set in his ways! I’m hoping I can tempt him to try something different on our next trip.

We do love a bit of Olive Garden, you know what you’re getting and the food is always fresh and tasty. I may or may not be drooling as I type this thinking about those warm bread sticks and your chicken chicken parmigiana.. mmm!

I’m not sure I want to know all the calories info in the menu. I don’t need the guilt... 😀besides calories don’t count when you’re in Orlando, right?!

One further question if I may, I didn’t suppose you recall the price of the espresso cups set from Mickeys Pantry do you? Would make a perfect gift for my sister and a lovely friend. Don’t worry if you don’t, have taken a picture of it and I hope it’s still there next year.
Thanks for reading and commenting.

If he likes Ihop he will like Keke's. The pancakes at keke's are lovely.

I think the cups were $20 something, I'm sure they were under $30.
Old 11 Sep 18, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Oh wow all the supermarket pictures are awesome. Especially the liquor store ones.

Thank you for risking your family’s embarrassment to provide the info.
MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 18, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Another fantastic report, Stephanie, with superb detail and photos.

Anna is beautiful and all grown up. She looks just like you!

We didn't go to O'Charley's this year, partly because we booked late and didn't have the restaurant.com voucher and partly because they tend to have $10 off vouchers on the coupon websites (we just didn't get around to using it).

We tried Culvers last year on the 192 but didn't really like it (although the service/staff were exceptional), but agree that it's a cut above for fast food if you enjoy it.

For new places in the Orlando area, we tried Teak (good), Ovation (very good), several new sushi places which were superb (Seito Sushi Happy Hour, Sushi Katana at Mall of Millenia next to Keke's) and had standout meals at Black Rock where you cook the food yourself on a stone, at Kona and at Roy's.

For ice cream we love Twistee treat, for frozen yoghurt Menchies.

We found food prices for staples like fresh fruit, eggs etc to be really high compared to here, although there were deals to be had...never seen the 88c bin so will look out for that!

Thank you again for sharing.
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 18, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by MissFortune View Post
Oh wow all the supermarket pictures are awesome. Especially the liquor store ones.

Thank you for risking your family’s embarrassment to provide the info.
Thanks for reading and commenting. I like looking at the variety of stuff and prices and know other's do.
Old 11 Sep 18, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by mossyflossy View Post
Another fantastic report, Stephanie, with superb detail and photos.

Anna is beautiful and all grown up. She looks just like you!

We didn't go to O'Charley's this year, partly because we booked late and didn't have the restaurant.com voucher and partly because they tend to have $10 off vouchers on the coupon websites (we just didn't get around to using it).

We tried Culvers last year on the 192 but didn't really like it (although the service/staff were exceptional), but agree that it's a cut above for fast food if you enjoy it.

For new places in the Orlando area, we tried Teak (good), Ovation (very good), several new sushi places which were superb (Seito Sushi Happy Hour, Sushi Katana at Mall of Millenia next to Keke's) and had standout meals at Black Rock where you cook the food yourself on a stone, at Kona and at Roy's.

For ice cream we love Twistee treat, for frozen yoghurt Menchies.

We found food prices for staples like fresh fruit, eggs etc to be really high compared to here, although there were deals to be had...never seen the 88c bin so will look out for that!

Thank you again for sharing.
Hope you had a lovely holiday. I'll check those places out. I like sushi but DH and DD won't have it.

I wanted to try bucadibeppo this time that you have recommended before. They emailed a save $15 off a $30 spend whilst we were away but i was overuled in favour of olive garden.

Twistee treat is also on the list, never been but always seen great reviews.
Old 11 Sep 18, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
ShezMcQ
Excited about Disney

ShezMcQ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Day 5 Continued

Lindt shop

International Drive Premium Outlets (North end)

Just before we went away Groupon Orlando had a deal to get $30 worth of Lindt chocolate for $15. As luck would have it groupon had emailed me a $10 off coupon as I'd not bought from them for a while so $5 got me $30 of chocolate. Coupon was only valid until 9th September but always worth keeping an eye on groupon orlando for any deals.

They had an offer in store for $40 for a tote of 150 balls of your choice and let you pay the difference.

So $11.63 plus a $5 groupon got us 150 Lindt choc balls.

DH was asking how I intended to get them home but they made in safely in my carry on.

DD kindly photographed all the different flavours

Oh dear God... would you look at all those Lindor flavours? I could have used up all 150 allocation just for the mint ones, let alone any of the other amazing flavours!

Do you recall if there were a few different "buy so many for a set price" offers on as I dread to think of the damage I could do with just a standard pick-n-mix setup
Polynesian Resort/HRH/The Grove - Nov18
RPR/Floridays/Hollywood Beach - Oct19
ShezMcQ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List