Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 17 Nov 19, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Wednesday 9th October

Up at 6:15 but had no morning plans so mooched around for a while.

Dennys

Arron had been on the fence about this, but we decided to try Dennys for the first time.

We were seated at 8:05.

Arron ordered OJ and I ordered hot chocolate.

These were nice, but I always feel silly after i've finished my drink as its not one to really get refills of!

For our food Arron chose the Wild West omelette (Ham, fire-roasted bell peppers & onions, jalapeņos and American cheese) & I got the Salted caramel and banana pancake breakfast(Buttermilk pancakes cooked with shortbread pieces and topped with vanilla cream, bananas and more shortbread pieces. Served with a pitcher of warm salted caramel for drizzling).

Arron loved his food, any excuse for a bit of spice. Even at breakfast!

I gave Arron one of my sausages & ordered my eggs over medium which was much nicer than in the past.

I had so much food but it was really tasty and the banana really helped cut through the sweetness.

We were big fans of Dennys, left $6 tip on the table as our server had been really attentive.

Then paid $28.30 at the counter and went back to the Rosen.

We hopped back out at 10:30 and got an Uber back to Citywalk.

First port of call was picking up our HHN tickets. Woohoo!

In Islands of Adventure at 11am and did Spiderman followed by Kong then Cat in the Hat.

As an aside-Cat in the Hat broke down here and they gave us 3(?) Express passes to apologise, hadn't expected anything as the breakdown was so brief so it was a great surprise!

Arron used one on Hulk immediately before we went to Universal.

Snacks

We got a Cookies & cream Dippin Dots for $5ish and Coors for $9.09.

The dots were melting pretty quickly, we perched on the steps near F & F to eat these.

Used the other 2 Express passes on Gringotts next followed by the Mummy again

We rode Transformers, but it was raining so we headed over to Citywalk at 3:40.

Red Oven pizza

Arron suggested eating here as we were kind of improvising, so we ordered an Italian meat pizza to share with a Bud light & a raspberry tea.

I was excited that somewhere other than Millers had raspberry tea!

The pizza was yummy, the crust was very sourdough style and there was a good mix of meats on each slice too.

We sat outside but under the shelter, the rain did continue a little more so it was good to be out of it.

Menchies

I chose pineapple dole whip & chocolate cream pie yoghurts with caramel, fudge, m & ms etc.

This was $6.70 and melted so quickly!

Arron wasn't a huge fan of the pineapple & honestly that is what make it melt quicker, so was probably a bad choice.

We walked around Citywalk a little but with the drizzle we perched at.

Lone Palm

Arron ordered 2 Who's to Blames.

I was still finishing my yoghurt when we sat down.

It did stop raining and we settled up with something around $25.

On the walk to HHN Arron grabbed a Lonestar Lemonade for around $15 from one of the bars.

We joined the HHN queue on the bridge and were in within 15 minutes.

Halloween Horror Nights
(We had Frequent Fear Plus passes with Express)

First up with went into House of 1000 Corpses, then stopped for a drink.

This was Twilight Gateway which was a 'speciality' drink. "Tequila, watermelon schnapps, pineapple juice, orange juice and grenadine."

This was $15 as Arron bought the souvenier cup too

We next did Ghostbusters followed by Yeti: Terror of the Yukon, then Us.

We then wandered through the Hellbilly Deluxe scarezone and over to Depths of Fear and Nightingales:Bloodpit.

Next we did Men in Black followed by Universal Monsters and Graveyard Games.

These two were my favourite ones of the night.

Headed out and at the Rosen by midnight.
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Weather certainly wasn't on your side today.

Such a shame about the chicken burger though and definitely not what you would expect in America xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Lone Palm is my favourite place to sit with a cocktail at Universal. That pizza looks good too.

My favourite house was Universal Monsters, the two headliners were a disappointment although I suppose neither are horror films.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 19, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Floridadreams View Post
OoOh a new food report to follow! That cookie looks fabulous - I’ll add that to my snack list 😋 I’m compiling my places for food and drinks for our first trip so will happily steal some tips! Looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip.
Ooo they do lots of cookies in there so definitely have a good browse!

Thanks & hopefully I can show some more interesting food to go on the list

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Weather certainly wasn't on your side today.

Such a shame about the chicken burger though and definitely not what you would expect in America xx
This was thankfully the bad weather monstly gone!

And I know, we ended up back at BWW to try and rectify bad food choices

Originally Posted by Juliemack View Post
Lone Palm is my favourite place to sit with a cocktail at Universal. That pizza looks good too.

My favourite house was Universal Monsters, the two headliners were a disappointment although I suppose neither are horror films.
Arron absolutely loves Lone Palm. We like the bit by the lake in Springfield too as it is usually so peaceful.

Arron loved House of 1000 Corpses, but I would sayUniversal Monsters & Graveyard Games stayed my favourites!

Thanks so much for reading guys.

Honestly I had grand plans to write all of this up quickly but i've been pull in all directions at work and just shutting off when I get in!

I will finish it as soon as I can.
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 19, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Thursday 10th October

The alarm was set for 7:15 this morning and we went to Walgreens for swimming stuff(very last minute!). We got swimming shorts & a vest top for $25ish before heading back to the room.

We ate breakfast in the room of Golden Grahams(recycling last year;s photo )

We ate these which filled a hunger void until later.

Today we got the 9am shuttle to Universal which was really busy!

We then hopped onto the Volcano Bay shuttle so this day is not very photo heavy at all.

I know we did Honu then Krakatoa Aqua Coaster, followed by the lazy river.
Then we did Tonga and the Fearless river which I was terrified of but it was a lot of fun.

I just don't like deep water but it was much shallower than i'd envisioned.

Volcano Bay

We wandered to the same place that does the Hawaiian longboard pizza but noticed they were doing a speciality Mac & Cheese.

So we got that as a meal with a blue raspberry Icee and Arron got a Corona light which was all about $25 I think.

The Mac and cheese was Shrimp and it was so good! Had plenty of shrimp in it and was a great sharing size for lunch.

Yummy.

We then left Volcano Bay at 1:25 and got an Uber to the Rosen.

Around 3:30 we decided to go out for a drink and an early dinner.

Millers

First off we sat on the patio as always but we ordered a pitcher of Tito's strawberry lemonade to share.

This was pretty good if a little sour. Lasted a while too so good value for money.

For food Arron got the Philly cheesesteak sandwich(Grilled, sliced beef, sautéed onions, American cheese, hoagie roll. With peppers and mushrooms) and I got the blackened chicken salad(Monterey Jack and cheddar cheeses, black bean-corn salsa, pico de gallo, crispy tortilla strips, field greens, garlic-lime crema, balsamic vinaigrette.)

Arron really likes the cheesesteak in here and it was super stacked full of meat!

My salad was good with loads of chicken and other bits but I did feel the dressing started to get a bit too overpowering the further down I ate!

Arron had 2 Long Island iced teas in here.

While he was drinking this I decided I would get a dessert. So I plumped for the new one.

Pull n Pop donuts(Four layers of warm and airy glazed donut bites with hot fudge and caramel for dipping. Pull 'em apart and pop 'em in your mouth.)

Arron refused to eat any...so I ate ALL of them!

The donuts were super fluffy and crispy but after that many they were a bit sickly

We paid up $66 including tip and went back to the room before 5pm.

We chose to get the evening hotel shuttle for the first time this eveing...and doubt we will again

It was very noisy with one particular loud British family swearing and yelling all the way to Citywalk

Halloween Horror Nights

Again we were at HHN this evening and were into the event around 6:40.
We hit Stranger Things first followed by Killer Klowns.

After that Arron grabbed a Twilight Gateway

With this, we sat in the Academy of Villains 7:45 show.

It was great this year! The music was cool as was the Dr Jekyll/Mr Hyde theme.

After that we hit House of 1000 Corpses and Arron tried a Shipyard Pumpkin Ale.

I don't have a photo but he liked it and I thought it was ok too.

We rode Rip Ride Rockit next which is my least favourite ride & Arron made us go on the front row

Next up was a Bud Light and then we did Depths of Fear, Universal Monsters and Graveyard Games.

Arron suggested Ghostbusters as our final house.

Louie's Pizza

After Ghostbusters we joined the queue in Louies where we just got a slice of Supreme for $10.

Was really busy in here tonight compared to normal but the pizza was good.

We got the return shuttle at midnight and were into bed before 1am.

Old 26 Dec 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Oh My Gosh...Hiiii!

So i'll apologise for being gone for a month. Been busy with all the normal Christmas run up etc, but i'm here today & free to update this

Friday 11th October

We woke up at 7:30 & ate some Golden Grahams before grabbing an Uber to Royal Pacific.

We checked in after 9am and left a bag with luggage services before doing the waterway walk to Islands of Adventure.

Drink

We got an iced white chocolate mocha for $5.85 in Starbucks, but I cannot find a photo so use your imagination

Obviously we had 'express passes' today so we rode Jurassic Park followed by Forbidden Journey and High in the Sky trolley.

Then Cat in the hat and Hulk, Spiderman & Jurassic Park again.

At 12:30ish Arron got a Miller Lite before we hopped on the Hogwarts Express over to Universal.

We decided to eat somewhere, went to Monsters Cafe as it was on our list but looking at menu we weren't inspired so we ended up at...

Finnegans

We were seated at 1:35 and ordered a lemonade and Miller again.

I ordered the Tipperary cured beef sandwich and Arron the Reuben. We got the awesome bread in here.

The apple butter is so darn good!

Arron loves a Reuben so was happy with this.

My sandwich wasn't too disimilar to the Reuben but slighly more burger-y and I quite liked it as corned beef is a little different.

This trip was more successful than our last one. We didn't feel rushed or anything.

We settled up with $55 including tip at 2:20.

After this we rode ET and Men in Black before receiving our room text & walking back. We were in Room 1352.

From our room you could see and hear Dr Doom and Hulk!

We went back out at 5:45.

Jake's Bar

We went downstairs and perched at the bar in Jake's. Arron ordered a Blue Moon & I chose the Royal Pacific Sunset.

My drink was super nice, very creamy and fruity. Arron has really enjoyed Blue Moon's on this trip.

He then noticed the Swamp Ape on the menu which was a 10% IPA.

He actually liked this alot!

We stayed in here until 7pm and settled up with $42.

Halloween Horror Nights

We walked to HHN and were in by 7:30. Once in we went through Yeti followed by Stranger Things and Us.

Arron grabbed a Shipyard Ale in his HHN cup.

This was $11. We wandered around with this before doing House of 1000 Corpses, Depths of Fear and Nightingales.

We sat in Springfield with another Shipyard, busier down here this time but still super peaceful.

Next up was The Mummy, then Universal Monsters and Graveyard Games.

Springfield

The most exciting food ever we grabbed a hotdog/Lays/Bud for $21.82.

And went back to Springfield to eat it. It filled a food shaped hole but nothing more.

We next did Killer Klowns followed by Ghostbusters and left at 00:55 to walk back to RPR
Old 26 Dec 19, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Saturday 12th October

Woke up at 7:30 and watched some of the Rugby World cup while we ate the Lays from last night.

Headed downstairs to check out and straight to Universal.

We got there just after 9 and our first stop was for a peanut butter chocolate cookie for $6.39.

We shared this and I think its decided that this is the best of the ones they do.

Next up was Men in Black, Simpsons, ET and Woody Woodpecker, then Transformers and the Mummy.

Arron grabbed a Heineken around 12pm

Then we rode Gringotts before walking over to Islands, where Arron got another Heineken.

It was busy everywhere so we rode Jurassic Park and Cat in the Hat before consciously deciding to leave at 2:35.

Margaritaville

We perched at the bar as usual, Arron got a Who's to Blame and I got a Virgin strawberry daiquiri.

Arron suggested getting some food in here so we plumped for the Lava Lava shrimp & he then got a Zombie.

The shrimp is always so great with the spicy sauce and a Zombie is one of my fave cocktails!

We paid up with $57 at 3:30 and went to RPR to grab our stuff and get an Uber.

Teak

We got seated in Teak at 4:10. This was very much my choice to go to as Arron wasn't too fussed!

In here I got an Ace pineapple cider and Arron had a Corona light.

We perused the menu & got the secret one too.

After a little while we ordered the chicken quesadilla starter.

This was great and easily enough to share.

For mains I got the Hawaii 5.0 burger and Arron got the Ghostface wrapper.

This was yum, the sweet potato tots were delicious and the burger was right up my street.

I tried Arron's wrap and it tasted like Nice n Spicy niknaks which I told him .

It was nice though, just not as spicy as he had hoped!

Arron had 2 more Coronas and I had another Ace.

The music in Teak is always so good, proper pop punk/emo/nu metal.

We paid up with $81 at 6:40 and hopped in an Uber to Walgreens.

Bought coffee nut m & ms, bud lights and sun cream before heading back to room for the evening.
Old 29 Dec 19, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Sunday 13th October

We awoke at 7am and just chilled in the room until 8:45 when we walked down the road for breakfast.

Dennys

We were seated quickly again, Today I ordered a tea and Arron a chocolate milk.

Obviously it wasn't the best tea ever as it was a tad weak tasting but was fine!

I was hoping they had the seasonal menu but they didn't in this location. So Arron for the All American slam and I got the Ghirardelli choconana pancake breakfast.

Both of us with 2 plates each . Arron enjoyed his and ate most of it too. I liked mine but preferred my previous choice as this was a bit more 'generic' I suppose.

Left a $5 tip on the table and paid $27.43.

We had a lazy morning watching Taken 2 before wandering over to Regal at Pointe for the 11:55 showing of Joker.

Arron got this Blue Moon in the concessions area for $7 I imagine!

This screen had recliner chairs, officially living the dream

The film was average and we headed down to Main Event for another drink at 2:15.

We sat down here until 3:30 when we walked to the Eye.

Buffalo Wild Wings

We were seated in here, and I didn't note down our drinks but Arron had possibly a seasonal beer, I had a Dr Pepper.

We both regretted our food choice from the last time we were here so chose completely different menu items!

Arron chose the medium sized boneless wings with Wild sauce & I tried the new breaded chicken tenders x5 with teriyaki sauce.

These were both such huge portions. The tenders were double the size I had expected but were great and the coating was quite light.

Arron's wings were much bigger than expected and quite spicy, so I only tried one.

Much more successful than the last time at least. We paid $50 at 4:30 and headed back to the room.

Ate a few Percy Pigs before getting the shuttle.

Halloween Horror Nights

We were into HHN around 7:20 and Arron grabbed a Coors Light, first house was Graveyard Games then Universal Monsters.

After these Arron got a Twilight Gateway for $10.64

We wandered around with this then did House of 1000 Corpses.

Arron then grabbed a Vampire's Curse while I headed to Starbucks.

I ordered a grande mocha cookie crumble frappe for $6.34.

It was nice but quite sickly.

Arron then rode Rip Ride Rockit before we did Ghostbusters & Us.

We made a conscious decision to leave at 10:45 as we have a long day of Disney tomorrow!
Old 30 Dec 19, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Another fab day I loved the choconana pancakes at Denny's! X
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Another fab day I loved the choconana pancakes at Denny's! X
Dennys was a surprise for us! Better than expected.

As an aside, I am determined to finish this report asap. Sorry for the delay