Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Aug 20, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
meggy
Imagineer

meggy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I think there are many many of us who every now and again feel fed up about lost holidays (even though we know there are much more important things going on). I feel like I have had a pack of cards slowly but surely falling down as one after another of my year of "treats" has disappeared with the last and most looked forward to November trip to Orlando having to be postponed.

Today I opened my diary to see the first of many notes - "make sure Esta OK before paying balance", start ADRs, Make sure ticket received in time for 60 day fastpass" etc Put me in a right mood for a while this morning

What will be will be - we WILL all get back and on a positive note I already have majority of my $$ ready and waiting
meggy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 05:29 AM  
Link to this Post
wez
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I live in Australia and was due to come back to the UK for my first visit in June. In Queensland people who have travelled overseas have to quarantine for 2 weeks at a hotel at our own expense. It would be about 4K for the quarantine so it’s prohibitive for us. I was hoping for October but that seems unlikely so now I’m hoping for December or Jan
wez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 05:50 AM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

I think we are all a bit like that we had two holidays cancelled first Cuba when TC went under then New York due to Covid.
We had hoped to do our first time on site next year as a split stay after DS does his gcse but now DH looks like he will be made redundant- so that’s not likely to happen now even if the numbers in Florida are under control .
To top it all can’t even find somewhere to get away by the coast that I fancy in the next few weeks .
I keep trying to put things in Perspective and holidays are 1st world problems - but goodness me I think we all need a break !
inky1 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 06:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Princesses 3
Very Serious Dibber

Although I know I love my Florida holidays I’m still a bit surprised at how hard it’s hit me not going (due to fly 17th). I’m not watching vlogs as it makes me sad rather than happy. I was looking for a particular photo on my phone and came across all of last years Florida - fantastic time. Even ringing Disney and being on hold with the music makes me sad.
We are (hopefully) going to Italy for a week on 24th which I’m looking forward to but it’s not the same 😊🙁
Princesses 3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 06:32 AM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
I completely understand how you feel. We were due to fly on 6 August. Have felt really down, thinking of what we’d got planned for this holiday.

Fortunately we were able to get refunds on all elements, and have other holidays booked (December and Easter), which I’m hoping will go ahead, but in reality think the December one is 50/50 at the moment.

We were just going to stick with the Easter break (booked as a result of the August holiday not going ahead), but going to see if we can get enough money together to go back to Florida next summer.
Old 9 Aug 20, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I also understand how you’re feeling we lost our holiday to Orlando in May and have moved our October holiday to next May.
Hopefully next year we’ll be reading about the excitement of going on holiday and the it’s our turn posts
Old 9 Aug 20, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
julie b
Imagineer

Originally Posted by maidmarian View Post
Unfortunately most of us are in the same boat... we lost Florida and Lanzarote this year, and it's looking like we'll lose Lanzarote again in October, fed up to the back teeth with it all too 😢
Same here... we lost.lanzarote March...Benidorm May...Miami,cruise and kissimmee September and also cruise was cancelled by tui April 2021...
Got March 2021 booked kissimmee villa but I’m not too sure this will go ahead...

Plus now under threat of redundancy at work... feels like all then nothing at the minute...

Edited at 07:03 AM.
julie b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 07:03 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

I agree with another poster, I too am surprised by how much it’s affected me, despite me cancelling well over two months ago now and thinking I was fine with it, (as I’m someone that really doesn’t want to travel right now).

We should be in Hawaii right now, and every day I wake up thinking, I should be in Aulani doing so and so right now! Sad times for us all, so don’t beat yourself up for being a bit low and fed up - this whole thing is really rubbish and it’s ok to admit it. Take care x
amy56 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Join the club boltyboy.

Look on the bright side, vaccine coming and as long as enough agree to have it, we should be getting back to normal not that long after Christmas.
Old 9 Aug 20, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
jovial
Imagineer

jovial's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Same here we were supposed to fly this Tuesday first time onsite at both Disney and Universal , we have all our money back but we are still sad 😢 not going back for 2 years now
jovial is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List