Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 17 Aug 20, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
MTEC
Being a bit Goofy

Christmas time

Tell me about Christmas at Disney please. We've never been at that time of year. We fly out on 9th Dec 2021 and land back home Christmas eve. Friends think we're mad.
MTEC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 20, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Lorbs
Excited about Disney

Our favourite time to go. Shorts and T shirts in daytime then goes chilly of a night time.Disney is a great experience with everything decorated for Xmas. You will love it.
Lorbs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 20, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

I can't wait to go for next December as long as an alien invasion/zombie apocalypse doesn't happen to close out 2020. The Xmas decs, food and merch plus being the 50th anniversary!
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 20, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Nostradamus
Excited about Disney

Been 5 times at Christmas and it is more comfortable walking around the parks. Evenings are cooler and at night you sometimes need a hoodie/sweatshirt.
The parks get busy and in 2015 we were turned away in MK but got complimentary parking for another park.

I remember the days when you got a pair of 3D glasses on the I-Ride trolley bus and most hotels and shops had lights outside which looked great looking through the glasses.

Done Christmas Eve at Seaworld,Epcot.Christmas Day Universal and Hollywood Studios. The Osborne light show was great in HS.

We jumped in our hotel pool at the stroke of midnight one New Years Eve which was nice.
Nostradamus is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MTEC View Post
Tell me about Christmas at Disney please. We've never been at that time of year. We fly out on 9th Dec 2021 and land back home Christmas eve. Friends think we're mad.
When your friends are slogging to work in the drizzle and cold, battling to rush to the supermarket, packing their bin instead of a case -

You will be in a whole bubble of Xmas. In the sunshine. Not stress, meals out, swimming in the pool, park shows and fireworks.

Yep, mad.

Xmas time is very busy but do the basics - get up early, hit the parks hard while others are in bed, take time to soak up the atmosphere without stressing over getting on that one ride everyone wants to ride.

The music in the parks is fantastic. I can't tell you how much I can't stand the UK Xmas music. More variation over there and you are on holiday!

On site eating can be a bit manic, we mostly eat offsite but still encounter the odd wait, especially the closer to Xmas you get.

Try to stay as close to the parks as you can, being what would normally be 20 minutes away can easily turn into an hour when the crazy Xmas traffic arrives.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

Done Christmas/New Year a couple of times and think it’s way too busy. Would like to experience the Christmas feel but in earlier December before the bigger crowds arrive, something we are now able to do as not tied to going during school holidays.
SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 20, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
MTEC
Being a bit Goofy

My kids will be missing the last week of school. I already spoke to schools with regards to this before I booked. They said to take them out of school that week isn't much of an issue in their eyes anyway. Put it in writing and hope for exceptional circumstances which were granted last time due to my sons needs.
Were debating whether to book vmcp or not. It's. A lot of money to add on for 5 of us. Is it worth it?
Were at discovery cove on 12th December. We will be doing Disney, seaworld, busch gardens and a day at clearwater marine aquarium as my son wants to see winter again. He went through the inspire program on our last trip.
MTEC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 20, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

It's beautiful , but I am biased as a December baby!

We love it all of it , tinsel sparkling in the sun wrapped around the light poles
Christmas decorations in the shops, visiting a Christmassy Celebration with all the houses decorated for the holidays

Turkey dinner at Bob Evans

Walmarts massive blow up outdoor Santas etc in the store

Pumpkin spice everything

We have done MVMCP years ago and it was expensive for two of us, and very crowded we can say we did it but would'nt do it again
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 20, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve done November into December before & loved it! We are hoping to do the same time next year too. It can be a bit chilly in the mornings and evenings but nothing like listening to Christmas music walking round the parks / water parks!
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 20, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

We love Christmas at Disney. The decorations are wonderful and the hotels look fabulous, especially the gingerbread house in the Grand Floridian. We also like to listen to the concerts in the evenings at Disney Springs and follow the Christmas tree trail which is nearer to the Earl of Sandwich side of DS.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List