Old 30 Aug 20, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Sheraton Vistana Villages?

The having more space over being onsite debate is fully raging and having more space is winning. We have narrowed it down to The Grove Resort and Sheraton Vistana Villages. The Grove looks lovely but we are leaning more towards Sheraton Vistana Villages but my go to source Youtube is a bit lacking on quality videos of it.(If anyone can recommend one)

I have a few questions. What's the travel to the Disney parks like with your own car from here? Is there anywhere onsite to grab food onsite and anywhere in particular here that's a good location to request? We don't want to be too far away from main pool etc. Any other tps would be very welcome
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 20, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

Hi we stayed at Vistana Villages a
few years ago in a 2 Bedroom suite. We loved the location and would stay again if the price was right. There was an on-site restaurant but we didn’t use it, DS did order food to our room that was delivered very promptly and he said it was tasty. At Check-in we opted out of housekeeping and were able to use the credit for room service
and also in the onsite shop. It’s a very short drive to Vineland Avenue Outlets where there are plenty of places to eat, Cheesecake Factory, Fords Garage, Outback Steakhouse to name a few. From memory I think there was a Publix which was handy for picking up bits and bobs.
I can’t remember what block we stayed in but to be honest all of them were close to pools.
It was about 15mins to most of the parks and we never found the roads too busy.

Edited at 01:50 PM.
Buzz242 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 20, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

We have stayed Sheraton Vistana villages three times over the years and can echo what has been said above.
The 2 bedroom rooms are lovely and very spacious, full kitchen, washer dryer etc.
There are three areas all with there own pool.
We have stayed once in Bella, block 8 (first section to open, nearest the road. But has be refurbished) has the biggest pool.
Key west, stayed twice is quieter but still has a lovely pool. Block 15 both times was really close to the pool.
St Augustine/Amelia area is the newest but the blocks are taller and I found the area to feel quite dark. There used to be a pirate ship and slide at this pool but I think it has now been removed.
Never tried the onsite food but you are so close to loads of great places down that end of I drive. It feels more residential than the more built up end.

Really easy to get go Disney, just turn left out if the resort and straight down to world centre drive, across the lights and you are on property.

Edited at 02:36 PM.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 20, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Thank you both Very useful
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 20, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Forgot to add we always have this space vs on site debate. We stayed at Sheraton in my 20-30s as we went with all adult family. We now have 2 kids so I want to stay on site more.
Dh likes the space and own pool, so we compromise with a week on site and then a week in a villa. Saves some money too (tiny bit ha ha)

And sorry never stayed at the grove, but looked at it lots. I think Sheraton has the better location.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 20, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

I love the Sheraton and would stay there again, only downside was the numerous phone calls to the room asking you to go on a timeshare meeting, unplugging the phone worked
Old 6 Sep 20, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

My husband and I stayed there on our first trip to Florida together in 2012 & we loved it. Would happily stay there again. Have great memories of the accommodation & using the heated pool in the evenings on chilly (in Florida terms!) November nights.

It really isn’t far to get on site so I wouldn’t let that bother you. We’ve driven past it on every trip following and there’s a lot more restaurants and things going on that when we stayed, I hop not far at all.

The Grove would certainly be more modern from what I’ve seen on vlogs etc.
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Holiday time
Excited about Disney

It is worth scanning through some of the old trip reports as there was one where a family stayed at the Grove when it hadn’t long opened. It sticks in my mind as they were caught out by the steep resort fee plus were charged for things like pool rings (the Grove has it’s own water park / lazy river). They just didn’t seem to have a happy stay. The rooms did look lovely though.
Holiday time is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 20, 06:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We have stayed at SVV about 10 times. Prefer quiet location so for us the Amelia area is best. If you like to be nearer the big pool then Bella but those apartments are a bit more dated. St Augustine is newest but dont go for building 25 which is the same as the shop.
As a general rule - the higher up then the brighter apartment due to a lot of vegetation in front of buildings.
Onsite shop and a small restaurant - both a bit pricey. There are also outdoor BBQs you can use.

Publix is a mere 5 minutes away near the outlets. Loads of restaurants nearby - a 5-10 min drive. There is also a bus stop (and trolley) right outside the entrance.

Driving to Disney approx 20 minutes (depending on traffic it can take longer).
Old 7 Sep 20, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Thanks everyone. I’m pretty sure this is the place for us if the space v Onsite wins