Notices

Old 18 Sep 20, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Saratoska View Post
we are in the coaching industry, half of our income is / was cruise work, which was all cancelled. got our first hire yesterday for yes, October, the coach industry is really struggling another lock down would finish us all off as we are baring staying afloat at the moment
Coach industry here too

Our main coach fleet's wheels haven't moved (and they're all still on laid up insurance) since March. The industry is on its knees. We're hanging on by a thread and dreading the end of October when furlough ends. It's not just the odd company, it's industry wide with many "big boys" already gone. We've got some provisional tours booked, starting in October, but obviously with more strict lockdowns, coaches with 30 odd passengers are going to be stopped I've already gone 6 months with pretty much no income in order to give the company a fighting chance (others furloughed, I couldn't be as I deal with all the finance). It's just heartbreaking.
2018 - AKL, RPR & Beach Club
2020 - Cabana Bay and Old Key West - Nope - CV scuppered plans
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Our half term is the week commencing 19th October and we are going to center parcs. If others have 2 weeks off from the 26th I wonder how this would work?
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, August 2020 Disneyland California
danisleigh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by danisleigh View Post
Our half term is the week commencing 19th October and we are going to center parcs. If others have 2 weeks off from the 26th I wonder how this would work?
Ours is 2 weeks from the 19th, but also have inset days on the Friday and Monday either side.
2018 - First visit for my daughter and as a family
Bolto6 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post
Totally agree.

My daughter moved out of our household in June. I haven't had a hug from her since and strictly apply the 1 metre rule when she visits, as those are the rules. I may not like them, but I follow them.

Just from reading the different threads on here you can see so many people aren't abiding by the rules.

People may not agree with them, they may not like them, but if they're not followed, then stricter rules will come in. I don't understand why people don't get it.
I'm sorry you've not been able to hug your daughter and glad to read you are keeping 1m but the rules are 2 meters unless you add something. It's 1+ plus when 2m aren't possible. Are you using screens or masks to protect you both?
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Step daughter said yesterday that her tutor at college announced 2 week break for his students at half term .
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
I'm sorry you've not been able to hug your daughter and glad to read you are keeping 1m but the rules are 2 meters unless you add something. It's 1+ plus when 2m aren't possible. Are you using screens or masks to protect you both?
When we're outside we do 2m. Inside we try and do this but not always possible, however definitely maintain at least a metre (edited to add that's why I said a metre in my original post as it's the minimum we do when 2m isn't possible). Don't touch anything she has touched without using an anti-bac wipe etc. With the weather as it has been the majority of visits have been in the garden.

Edited at 12:09 PM.
Ladyshopper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

When we're outside we do 2m. Inside we try and do this but not always possible, however definitely maintain at least a metre (edited to add that's why I said a metre in my original post as it's the minimum we do when 2m isn't possible). Don't touch anything she has touched without using an anti-bac wipe etc. With the weather as it has been the majority of visits have been in the garden.
But the rule is 1 meter plus , when 2 metres isn't possible

I agree its difficult , and glad you are taking the extra precautions, but i am with blue nose on this , and its exactly why local restrictions stop people visiting in other's houses - because people , whether intentionally or otherwise , don't keep to the rules indoors

i haven't seen my mum since Christmas and my dad indoors since not long after - its difficult

stay safe
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Totally agree.

My daughter moved out of our household in June. I haven't had a hug from her since and strictly apply the 1 metre rule when she visits, as those are the rules. I may not like them, but I follow them.

Just from reading the different threads on here you can see so many people aren't abiding by the rules.

People may not agree with them, they may not like them, but if they're not followed, then stricter rules will come in. I don't understand why people don't get it.
Heartbreaking isnt it. My poor mum has only had physical contact with another human being for the last six months when she has had her leg ulcers dressed. ☹️We have abided by rules to keep her safe but it is gettng very difficult. Iím going to see her tomoro bit resigned to seeing her from the garden again tomoro.