Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 16 Oct 20, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
hscx3boys
VIP Dibber

Issues buying Disney gift card

So I bought a trial gift card for $25, all went well and put it onto my DVC dues account.
Next bought another gift card for $500 again using paypal balance but kept getting message stating the bank would not verify checks for them. Its Paypal its not a bank and they has the money. Tried emailing them several times, no joy and now they have cancelled the order.
Has anyone else had this problem buying gift cards from shop Disney in US dollars in order to move money paid for points into DVC account?
Sooo frustrated.
hscx3boys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Try a lower amount, say $200.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Hi hscx3boys,

Sorry to read in your other reply on renting points that you're still waiting for your money to be released from a pending status with PayPal.

When it is released then as suggested by 2point is would be worth trying a lower amount and possibly even starting at $25 again, if okay then gradually increase, so $50 then $100 and so on.

Also, as we are getting closer to the payment of dues in Jan could you please update this thread on how you get on so to warn any other members who's thinking of using their PayPal dollars to buy gift cards from Disney Shop.

Knowing how long PayPal hold's a pending payment would be helpful and also if you manage to purchase more cards without any issue.

We would suggest that anyone thinking of using their PayPal dollars to buy gift cards to apply towards their 2021 dues to do it as soon as possible and not wait until you receive an annual dues statement, just incase you find yourself in the same situation as hscx3boys.

Good luck with PayPal and hope you can soon get back to buying gift cards without any issues.

Edited at 11:39 AM.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
hscx3boys
VIP Dibber

Still waiting, Both shop Disney and PayPal are telling me to contact the other as neither want to take responsibility for the money still pending.
Wondering if once the money is released if I can just move it into my Revolut account and if it will stay in dollars whilst being transferred, does anyone knows if that’s possible?
hscx3boys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by hscx3boys View Post
Still waiting, Both shop Disney and PayPal are telling me to contact the other as neither want to take responsibility for the money still pending.
Wondering if once the money is released if I can just move it into my Revolut account and if it will stay in dollars whilst being transferred, does anyone knows if that’s possible?
Can't shed any light on Revolut and can understand your frustration with PayPal and declining to make payment from your PP balance. It hopefully shouldn't take more than 7-10 business days and their search and Q&A's is not very helpful and can only find...

Why is my PayPal payment being declined?

Some hyperlinks in our articles may not work within the PayPal app.

It's possible that the payment you're referring to has been stopped by our internal security system.

To provide one of the safest online payment services our internal security system reviews every payment before it's approved. Occasionally, we must stop a payment. This is similar to the way most banks and credit card companies work. When a payment is stopped, it's not a reflection of you or your account activities, but rather we've noticed a pattern associated with higher-than-normal risk.

To improve the chances of successful payments:

Confirm your bank.
Confirm your card.
Send the payment using money in your PayPal Balance, rather than using a bank or card.
Switch the payment method. If you tried making the payment with your bank, try again with your card, or vice versa.

Also How long will it take for a refund to appear on my PayPal Credit account?

You can generally expect a refund to appear on your PayPal Credit account within 7-10 working days of the date the merchant processed the refund. Merchants have varying timeframes for processing refunds for returns.

To see refunds online:

Next to PayPal Credit on the left side of the page, click Details.
Click See statements. To see refunds that posted on a previous statement click the desired statement date.

I still don’t see my refund on my PayPal Credit account, where is it?

When I click on that link it states The page you're looking for is no longer available.
so not helpful at all.

Hopefully your refund won't be much longer and thanks for the update
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

I've seen this before with a big gift card, it flags with the 3rd party Disney use for the gift card and it declines, the pending payment with Paypal can take up to 30 days to drop off.

There seems to be a rolling period as well where this flag happens if you but too much in a short period the same thing happens.

The only thing you can do is sit tight, it will drop off eventually.
Old 12 Nov 20, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
hscx3boys
VIP Dibber

Eventually after threatening messages telling them I am charging for my time and who is the governing body I need to complain to about PayPal the money has been released from pending and is back in the PayPal account.
Old 13 Nov 20, 02:09 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

I bought 3 x $200 on the 10th from Target. I've just received the gift cards tonight, they usually come in an hour or two. This time 2 days.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 20, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
hscx3boys
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
I bought 3 x $200 on the 10th from Target. I've just received the gift cards tonight, they usually come in an hour or two. This time 2 days.
Can you buy from Target if your in the UK, do they take PayPal?
I bought $100 gift card from shop Disney last night and that worked fine, was able to load it to my dues account almost straight away. So perhaps Several smaller gift cards over a period of time will work.
Old 13 Nov 20, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by hscx3boys View Post
Can you buy from Target if your in the UK, do they take PayPal?
I bought $100 gift card from shop Disney last night and that worked fine, was able to load it to my dues account almost straight away. So perhaps Several smaller gift cards over a period of time will work.
You can buy from Target if you use a VPN, I've bought $1500 worth over the last few weeks using my Paypal balance from the rentals I've had.

I've not tried a $500 card, the 3 * $200 did go through OK.