Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 6 Jun 18, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Loving this! Always enjoy your reports and there the added curiosity as to whether you’ll meet the daily spend without purposefully choosing the most expensive item each time (& no booze). Hope you’re having a fab time!
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 18, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

OK folks lets do the rest of day 4.

A change of plan saw us head to everything pop for breakfast. Michelle had a cheese omelette and I had a breakfast platter. I also used a snack credit for a side of biscuit and gravy.

This was pretty good to be honest but this stuff is standard at QS places all over WDW. The biscuits and gravy were cold but fortunately a microwave is provided so mistakes can be corrected without disturbing the folks that made those mistakes

Price for this lot including two bottles of water was $32.07

Two more snacks were had.

The first was a Mickey bar (soz no photo) which was $5.35 with tax

Next up was one of DWs favourites. A Mickey pretzel with cheese sauce

Dinner was at Via Napoli. We have been here once before and it was terrible. DW persuaded me to give it another go.

We ordered an app which was fried risotto balls filled with mozzarella and meat ragů

They were OK - not a lot of flavour though

Then we shared the 4 cheese and picante pizzas

My pizza was a bit burnt on the bottom. If I could have found our never present server I might have sent it back.

Burnt bits apart - the pizza was very good. Fold rave about them though and to be honest there are three Italian restaurants close to the village I live in outside of Newcastle and they do pizzas that are just as good at a fraction of the price.

Dessert was Cannoli

It was meh...

For drinks Michelle had a bud light and I had a diet coke

So the verdict for this place? Average food and terrible service - this time I definitely wont be back.

The bill would have been a whopping $95.23 with tax. As it was I paid $13 for the app plus tip. For the price comparison I will remove the app altogether so our via Napoli total for the DDP was $82.23

So todays total is

$13.47 For this mornings water and danish
$32.07 for breakfast
$5.35 Mickey Bar
$6.42 pretzel
$82.23 Via Napoli

Total $139.54.

That gives us a positive balance for today (-120.80) of $18.74 and a running total to date is negative $6
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 18, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

I love how your doing this report! So great to see it all broken down hope your having a fab time x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 18, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Loving the report.. however those gravy and biscuits look absolutely rank what do they taste of ?
Old 6 Jun 18, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jaspercat10 View Post
Loving the report.. however those gravy and biscuits look absolutely rank what do they taste of ?
Its a biscuit - so a savoury plain scone to us brits with sausage gravy poured over. Sausage gravy is white and has lumps of sausage meat in it. Looks terrible but tastes fantastic
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 18, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Really enjoying reading this! Looking forward to the rest!
Old 6 Jun 18, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Great update, I do think those Pizzas where really over done and surprised they sent them out being so burned
Old 6 Jun 18, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Day 5 - Update 1

Today we switched things up a little and had a table service lunch.

We went to Frontera Cocina at Disney Springs.

We ordered an appetiser of Guacamole with bacon. Our server promised us it was made fresh in house and so were the chips.

Now then folks - I must tell you that this was in fact the best Guacamole ever invented. It was truly spectacular and the chips weren't too shabby either.

Next up Michelle had Red Chilli Chicken Enchiladas

and I had pork Carnitas which came with some soft tacos

Michelle had diet coke and I had the Mexicana Fiesta iced tea.

For dessert - I had Mexican Chocolate Cake with Chilli and candied orange which was humungous and Michelle had pecan pie slice with Mexican Vanilla iced cream

This was an awesome meal and after a couple of table service misses at Boma and Via Napoli this was a big hit.

Service was fantastic too and the bill came to $83.46 with tax. Subtracting $10 for the appetiser means that total for lunch was $73.39

Edited at 09:44 PM.
Old 6 Jun 18, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
beegnjasmum
VIP Dibber

Mobile

The guacamole and the chocolate cake look immense! Loving it!
beegnjasmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 18, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Yes goodbye grits hello my sort of meal 😃👍