Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 13 May 18, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Saldisney18
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Loving reading your report - thank you 🤗, making me excited for our trip!
Saldisney18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

After reading your post about the Cali Grill brunch, Im now going to have to shuffle everything around to fit it in! Looks wonderful!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Lullington
Getting Excited

Thanks for doing this report. Loving reading
Lullington is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I can't wait for our Cali grill brunch now after seeing yours. It looks amazing. I planned on us dressing up a bit too. Your Sally ears are beautiful, what a special day.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Tor32
Imagineer

Mobile

Do they do the mini mugs in a Starbucks again? ! It’s the only one my brother has missing (he uses them for espressos). Fingers crossed they are there next summer (we go back) as they aren’t probably going back for a far few years!
Tor32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Really enjoying your report, thank you for taking the time to do it. Loved reading about the brunch as it’s the meal I’m most excited for this year. Beach Club looks stunning too - you’re making me very excited for our trip.

I hope you do get to rideBTMRR in the dark, it really is a game changer.
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
Great day, what was the bottom right dessert at cali grill? Very strange looking thing
I believe it was a fruit tart? Maybe strawberry or fig jam?
LadyDebs86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tippytoes View Post
After reading your post about the Cali Grill brunch, Im now going to have to shuffle everything around to fit it in! Looks wonderful!
Oh good, you should! Just bear in mind they only do it on Sundays
LadyDebs86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tor32 View Post
Do they do the mini mugs in a Starbucks again? ! It’s the only one my brother has missing (he uses them for espressos). Fingers crossed they are there next summer (we go back) as they aren’t probably going back for a far few years!
They did indeed, saw them in the Starbucks in all 4 parks.
Old 13 May 18, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

Day 7

We were so excited for today, as we were going to Epcot for the first time this trip! It's our favourite park (well, particularly World Showcase) and we don't normally wait for so long to visit but with our resort choices as they were it made sense.

We made our way through the International Gateway just before park opening at 9am. The walk from BC Villas was SO short, absolute dream, even with filling my mug on the way it took us under ten minutes from the room.

On entry we did something we've never done before - turned right instead of left! We walked over the bridge into the France pavilion (after being asked by about 5 CMs where we were going) for some breakfast. I've never even been inside the bakery before - I know, I know - so this was a new experience

Chris opted for a pain au chocolat and I went for the Brie au Pommes - a granary mini baguette filled with brie, apples and chutney:

I got mine heated up and it was so delicious! We ate it at an outside table surrounded by tiny birds and it was so beautiful and peaceful. Would definitely do this again.

After a few rides we popped into Club Cool for a drink, both avoided the Beverly!

My favourite was the Pineapple Fanta and Chris' was the Inca Cola. It's such a great spot to rehydrate and bring your temperature down, I hope they don't get rid of it, although I do miss the old entrance with the dry ice tunnel, does anyone else remember that?

As we had another day at the park planned we didn't want to overdo it, so made our way slowly back to the Beach Club, I picked up a Flower and Garden passport on the way - I love filling these in!

We had another day planned to eat from the booths but we were a little peckish so grabbed a couple of dishes from the Isla Fresca booth. First one was the Sugar Cane Shrimp Skewer with Steamed Rice and Coconut Lime Sauce:

Along with the Jamaican-braised Beef with Pigeon Pea Rice and Micro Cilantro

Chris picked these and they wouldn't have been what I would have chosen but they were both really good, the shrimp was my favourite. I also helped myself to a Fiesta Margarita from Choza de Margarita:

This was a mix of the strawberry, lime and mango frozen margaritas and it was goooooood! Strong, but good. It took me a while to drink (brain freeze!) but I loved it.

Chris got his wish today and we drove offsite back to Sweet Tomatos for a late lunch.

Above are our salads, my soup and Chris' dessert! This was great again, we'll definitely come back here a lot in the future! Famous Dibbers Libby (oh_darling) and her husband Ben were sat across from us and I so wanted to go over but it would have been too weird!

We had a lovely lazy afternoon at the BC Villas pool. Bliss.

Our plan for the evening was drinking round the Boardwalk ending with a trip to the Boardwalk Pizza Window and an early night. It didn't end up quite like that...

Our first stop was the ESPN Bar, it was super quiet at this point. We sat at the bar and played some cards. Chris got a beer and I went for a glow cube-less Magical Star:

If you've ever wondered what they look like without the glow cube, this is it! I didn't want to pay for one as I've got about a million. I wasn't expecting it to be yellow!

Next stop was Big River Grille and Brewing Works, Chris was so happy as he loves it here! We sat outside on the Boardwalk, looking out back at the Yacht and Beach Clubs and I have to admit to getting a bit emotional! I have so many magical memories from my past with my parents here. Sadly my mum passed away a few years ago and I don't speak to my dad any more so the Boardwalk always makes me quite teary.

Chris got the beer flight:

Happy boy! I went for the Blueberry Lemonade- "Stoli Blueberi Vodka, fresh Blueberries, and Mint shaken with Lemon Juice and Sugar"

Mine was sooooo good. I love minty drinks and this was so nice and fruity too Nom. Our server was very efficient but lost interest once she realised we weren't having food so we decided to move on after these.

Next up was one of my favourite bars, Abracadabar!

I love the decor and themeing in here so much! Its classic Disney whilst also being more grown up and beautiful. I could spend hours looking at everything in here. I ordered a favourite of mine from our last trip, the Magic Mirror - "Bacardi Rum, Soda Water, Mango Syrup, Sprite®, Lime Juice":

Its so pretty! Purple is my favourite colour which helps

Somehow despite only having had three drinks I felt absolutely smashed at this point. No idea why, I'm not such a lightweight at home! We decided to sack off the plan and wander on over into Epcot to grab some more food and drinks from France.

We went to the Flower and Garden kitchen in France, Fleur de Lys, and ordered the Tarte à la Tomate Provençale: Provencal Tomato Tart with Sautéed Onions, Fresh Thyme and Rosemary on a Flaky Pastry Crust, the Canard Confit Aux Gnocchi à la Parisienne: Braised Duck Confit with Parisian Gnocchi, the La Vie en Rose Frozen Slushy: Grey Goose Vodka Orange, St. Germain Liqueur, White and Red Cranberry Juice and a Kronenbourg Blanc 1664:

This was all amazing! I loved the duck gnocchi and the Vie en Rose is always a winner!

I went in to use the restroom in the France pavilion and somehow ended up going back to the bakery and ordering a portion of lobster bisque, half a baguette and a strawberry macaron!

I blame the drink for this. However I regret nothing as it was amazing! The lobster bisque - holy cow. Fit. When I opened the container I was laughing and it splashed on my hand, hence me posting this on Facebook:

"Don't get drunk on the Boardwalk unless you want to end up in Epcot with a hand covered in lobster bisque"

That led to a lot of confused friends the next day...

Anyway. Chris was a bit annoyed with me as I was gone for ages and he hadn't asked me to buy any more food, but he was happy enough to eat the whole macaron!

We wandered over to Morocco to watch Illuminations, Chris also grabbed himself two tiny beers from one of the booths, not sure which they were:

I tried to order a cocktail from the window in Morocco but sadly they had just cashed up the till so I was out of luck! Probably for the best though. We watched Illuminations from next to that window and it was magical as ever, a firework shot right from below us which really freaked us out though!

After the fireworks we made our way back to the BC via the marketplace. I was intending to just fill my mug but somehow we ended up with all this:

A kids cheese pizza which came with a bag of grapes and chocolate mousse, and a chocolate brownie. Some more detail of it:

The pizza was the perfect size for a late night snack, loving the QS kids meals this trip! I love the BC brownies, they're now Mickey shaped which is super cute

Such a fun impromptu night, god knows how I got so drunk off so few drinks but hey, I'm kind of glad I did! First night at BC was a roaring success!