Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 25 May 19, 07:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I'm always drooling over the IHOP breakfasts, your blueberry pancakes look delicious. The chocolate ones do look a bit much!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
lil mousketeer
VIP Dibber

Sounds great so far, looking forward to reading along as you go.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday

Disney POFQ/Universal HRH Aug/Sept 2012
Disney AKL/Universal RPR Aug/Sept 2014
Orlando/St Petes Beach Aug/Sept 2015
Universal-HHN Cabana Bay Sept/Oct 2016
West Stonebridge (Dibb Villa) Aug/Sept 2017
lil mousketeer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Enjoying this x
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Your blueberry pancakes definitely look a winner. I had the chocolate ones last year and wasn’t a fan of those either.

A frustrating start to the coupon using, I’d have been terrible at remembering to sign up/print stuff etc.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 01:37 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Day 2 Fort Lauderdale/Orlando

Sorry this is a retry dull food day as we were traveling up to Orlando.

D unfortunately woke up during the night and was sick everywhere. So he was on cooled boiled water for breakfast. He is fine now.

We had blueberry bagels (just realised I think I might be slightly obsessed with blueberries!) that we got from Walmart last night.

A finished off the last donut, parent of the year award to me, well we are on holiday.

A last stop at the beach before we left Fort Lauderdale at around 11am.

By 11.45 D said he was hungry so we turned off at a junction that said there was a Publix. Next door was a Panera Bread.

P had Chicken Alfredo pasta. He really enjoyed this. It came with a side, I got him bread.

I got the thing I always have here. Pick two creamy tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwich. This was so good, the soup had chunks of tomato in it and wasn’t bitter at all which I find with some tomato soups. Mine came with a side, I got a candy cookie as A wanted it.

D had kids grilled cheese sandwich. He must of been feeling better as he ate all of this. His came with a choice of sides. I got him an apple and yoghurt.

A had a ham and cheese wrap I brought with us.

Total was £29.35

We got to the Homewood suites just after 4pm. D was desperate to go swimming and P was tired and didn’t want to go out for sit down type food.
So I nipped to Publix and got salad and chicken and we had it back in the room. This was lovely.

The kids wanted happy meals again 🤦
I also got a cake for A’s birthday tomorrow.

Bon Voyage breakfast tomorrow

Edited at 10:31 PM.
LLamb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Day 3 - Orlando-Homewood Suites

Sorry for the delay, I unfortunately got whatever stomach bug Daniel had and was not feeling great. Thankfully it only lasted until Sunday night. Then we did quite a few late nights at Universal so got really behind on this report. We are now so I can get this finished.

Bon Voyage Breakfast
We did this last year while on the ddp and loved it. With no Disney tickets this year it’s handy to have a princess meal that is outside of the parks. I’d made two adr’s 7.45am and 10.40. I cancelled both of these and got 8.10am the day before.

In hindsight the 7.45am would of been better as it’s the first sitting and you get to see all the characters come in. We joined it half way through and got one of the last tables to see the characters. They were all great except Ariel who was usually not very talkative.

Last year we got fruit as well as the plate of pastries. They seem to have got rid of this as it wasn’t on the menu.

I got the tower of pancake,
these were lovely. I got the strawberry sauce on the side this was quite sweet. You can also have sausage or bacon. I got the sausage but they were quite spicy so didn’t eat them.

Also not sure if it’s the heat, not feeling well or that I have been doing the 5:2 fasting diet, but I’m really struggling to eat. I just feel so full.

P King Triton's Shipwreck al Forno
Calzone with Scrambled Eggs, Bell Peppers, Salumi, Bacon, Sausage, Blend of Cheeses, and Sunday Gravy
He loved this, the Sunday gravy is tomato sauce.

The kids both got waffles. D ate all of his A barely touched hers but this was probably because she was starting to not feel well.

$161.92 inc 20% tip

We didn’t have lunch and dinner P ate whatever he found in the fridge (as I was in bed) for dinner!

Edited at 07:21 PM.
LLamb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Day 4 Orlando-Universal- Cabana Bay

We were moving to Cabana Bay today. P finished off the bagels for breakfast with the kids. I didn’t have anything. P also called in at the hotel lobby. We had free breakfast at the Homewood suites.

It was limited with sausage, bacon, eggs, fruit and donuts. He picked up fruit and donuts for the kids which they ate in the car. Sorry no photos.

We got ice cream from Florean Fortescue's in Diagon Alley mid morning.
D got strawberry and peanut butter and vanilla. He liked the vanilla but didn’t eat the strawberry because of the peanut butter.
P got clotted cream (which is actually cream cheese) so kind of tangy not clotted cream as we would know it. And sticky toffee. He shared this with A. I didn’t fancy anything.
Sorry this is goodie image but looked exactly the same.

$12.75

We came back to the resort and decided to try the bay line diner while waiting for our room. I got an email about 1.30pm to say it was ready.

I was feeling a bit better but wanted something simple. I got the kids grilled cheese sandwich. This was made to order and very tasty.

P got the grilled cheese and brisket sandwich. Again made to order and came with either fruit, crisps or a little pasta salad.
Sorry I was quite poor with the photos today.

He enjoyed this, total was $19.16

After the kids had a nap we headed back out and went to Panda Express.
It was busy but we found a table eventually.
I got orange chicken and rice, same for the kids.

These were quite big portions, I should of just got a kids size.
P got Beijing beef and another beef dish I can’t remember, sorry.

This was ok not great, I’ve decided that Panda Express sounds great but is actually sub-par rubbish takeaway. Must remember to not return.

Cold Stone
D wanted a “better” ice cream than earlier!
He got like it (which is the smallest) strawberry with sprinkles and chocolate sauce.
I got like it birthday cake remix : Cake Batter Ice Cream with Rainbow Sprinkles, Brownie and Fudge. I shared this with A (she never finishes a full cone/ice cream)

Image from google
Cant go wrong with Cold Stone, these were lovely. $14.03
Old 8 Jun 19, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Day 5 Orlando- Universal- Cabana Bay

We visited Volcano Bay today which is amazing and I think our new favourite water park.

We had bagals in the room before walking across to VB. Early entry here is great and makes a difference unlike the main parks.

Around 11am everybody was hungry so we went to food place near the aqua coaster. I ordered one bbq and one cheese longboard pizzas to share.
They couldn’t get my account linked on the tapu band so we actually got these for free.
Should of been $23
These were very good, soft and slightly crispy dough with plenty of toppings.
I didn’t take my phone with us so this is curtesy of google again.

For dinner we tired Culvers near mall at millena. This was very quiet inside, staff were nice and helpful.
I got a single mushroom and Swiss. Nice juicy burger if a little messy. Not a huge fan of the crinkle cut chips.

P got a double bacon and cheese. He liked this. We are not massive burger fans (or fast food burgers) and maybe think he would of preferred to get something different. He came with the promise of frozen custard!

Both kids (sorry this is a theme) got chicken tenders and chips. The kids meal is really good deal here. You get a drink and ice cream included.

Afterwards I got vanilla concrete with strawberry and cookie dough. This was very good with loads of bits of cookie dough.

P got vanilla concrete with butterscotch and Oreo pieces.

D got vanilla concrete with strawberry and chocolate sauce
A got vanilla concrete with Oreo

$37.52 including the ice cream

I’d nipped out to Walmart earlier for more milk. I picked up bananas, grapes, crisps and cookies for the kids to snack on in the room and park.
Old 8 Jun 19, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Hope you are all better.loving your report x
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Devojcica25
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Excellent report thank you for sharing! Glad that you all feel better again enjoy 😉
Devojcica25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List