Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 13 Jun 19, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
So sorry to hear you were ill, it's awful when you are on holiday.
Thankfully it was short lived, but definitively a slower start to the holiday.
Thanks for reading
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Day 8 Orlando Universal/Windsor Hills

For breakfast, sorry you guessed it bagels. My $9 Walmart toaster was brilliant.

Rides at US today and we made it in for early entry. Although we nipped back over ioa.

Most of the indoor food places only open at 11am. Although you can sit in them earlier.

Comic Strip Cafe
I left P&A in here with milkshake as I took D on the water rides. We fly changed then stayed for lunch
We each got something different this time, a first!

I got Sweet and sour chicken

This was lovely, better than Panda Express! My only criticism was the veg is added later and there was a bit of water from them that made the sauce a little watery.

P got spaghetti and meatball, he really enjoyed this too.

D got his usual chicken tender and fries.

You can only get the combo meal with a milkshake on the burgers and adult tenders. I used one of the drinks credits on our dining cards and got P a sprite and got D a vanilla milkshake.

I had water as did A. She shared P meatballs.

Back at US I used up the snack credits for ice cream at F&F.
This time I picked and got Strawberry and Cream soft serve for D.

He much preferred this.
P got caramel blonde and vanilla
Then I got vanilla and apple crumble and made it a sundae.

You basically get cream, sauce and cherry plus the plastic glass for $8.49. The two scoops in a cone is $6.99 and the soft serve is $5.99. All plus tax
You can also have either in the glass for an extra $1.50.
(We brought home three of these glasses!)

We left the park at 5pm, that’s good going for us considering we were in at 8am.
A fell asleep in the car and we were all a bit tired so decided on takeaway to eat at the condo at Windsor Hills.

Cici’s was the nearest/easiest. Of course when we arrived she woke up so we just went in instead. I’ve never been here before and it looked a bit of dive but was actually really tasty.
D loved it as he could help himself to his second food staple of pizza.

A was free and with two soda’s it was $28

I enjoyed the salad part, all the pizza was really fresh and constantly being replenished. The pasta was a bit meh.
You could also order a pizza each if there wasn’t anything you fancied on the buffet part. Enjoyed it here.
I had a total photo fail as we were all so tired I just completely forgot to take any, sorry.

Edited at 03:56 PM.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Day 9 Orlando Windsor Hills

This was a day off but we wanted to see the universal cinema show so though this was the best night to do it.

We had breakfast of bagels and spent the morning at the pool.
We decided on a later lunch at Bahama Breeze. Can’t believe it’s taken until day nine to make it here.

I only ever get two things from here jerk pasta or ribs. I didn’t want to be too full so went for the light portion of the pasta.

Sorry P had the same only the full size version.

Kids- Pizza yesterday meant chicken tenders today. I promise they eat better at home!

We all really enjoyed this, the sauce is creamy but with a bit of heat from the jerk chicken. P said he was very full though.

Once back at US we headed for DA. It’s just brilliant in the dark. We got more ice cream from F&F. Same as the other day.

The light show was fantastic, definitely worth a watch. And everybody was so nice. No pushing, loads of space. We turned up at 8.50 for 9pm so and got a space on the front no problem. Complete opposite of any of the Disney night shows.
Old 15 Jun 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Day 10 Orlando Windsor Hills

Shopping, we headed to the Vineland outlets first, then Disney springs and finally an unexpected trip to the Florida Mall.
Sorry this is a very boring food day.

You guessed it, bagels for breakfast.

Blaze Pizza
This is our go to place to eat at Disney Springs.

We got two high rises to share. The kids had cheese. Me and P had chicken, peppers, then mushroom and pineapple on half (mine) I also got two soda’s and filled our water bottle up for the kids.

The cheese pizza was ready a good 10 minutes before ours which was slightly annoying as I had to stand around waiting for it having handed the buzzer back in.
I like it here but we have had issues before with them putting one order in the oven at different times.

Another slight annoyance, when paying I was asked if I wanted to add a tip before I have even got my food! Add to the fact that I have queued up to tell you want I want, then I have to collect the pizza. What service am I tipping for?

$30.25
Anyway the pizza was lovely. Just realised that we eat a lot of pizza and pasta!

I needed to get the little Disney figures for A’s birthday cake (for her party once home) they didn’t have them at world of Disney so we headed over to the Florida mall.

Cold Stone
This is one of the best franchises for cold stone. It was 30c between like it and got to have it. So what did we get?
Three got to have it;
Birthday cake remix
Mini Mint Chocolate Chip
Strawberry with sprinkles and chocolate sauce.
$21.35
We didn’t have any diner as were all stuffed from the massive ice cream. The kids had some toast later on.
Old 15 Jun 19, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Why would you tip at blaze pizza ? Thought it was classed as quick service ? Loving your report x
Floridaagogo is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Cici's has always appalled to me as I love a buffet.

We've never been to Bahama Breeze but its high on my wish list, I've always thought the jerk pasta sounded gorgeous. It's good to know you can get a smaller portion as that still looked plenty.

Blaze always looks so good but we've never made it there. There's just too much choice at Disney Springs these days. When you're going to Disney Springs do you still pass through the WDW gate? I've forgotten.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List